Booked the Ramada purely based on the brand value and not reading TA reviews which normally I do and realized was a mistake.
The hotel is very run down and not been refurbished for a long time with wall papers peeling every where.
When I checked in they offered me a room in the smoking floor since all the rooms were sold out and as I stepped out of the floor the whole floor was reeking of smoke and I couldn't breath at all and I asked them to change and once again it was on the 5th floor with little change. After complaining they finally moved me to 7th floor with twin beds. The rooms were mediocre with nothing special but the view out of the room was spectacular with lots if greenery. There is a central panel for the lighting which unfortunately was not working properly. I awoke up in the middle if the night to go to the bathroom and switched on the lights and upon return I tried switching off the lights but with little luck as the lights were not switching off ,then I had to call their electrician to get it fixed and this was 4 in the morning. I went back to sleep with great difficulty and woke up again to hit the gym. If showed 7 am in their clock so forced mushed to get up and brushed my teeth and washed my face and opened the blinds and could see was very dark outside. Then went back and checked the time on my phone and it was only 5 am. Damn my whole sleep was spoilt as I couldn't get back to sleep. Minor things like this makes a big difference in the customer experience , which the management has to take care of.
On the bright side the service was good and prompt and the food at the cafe was very good. The breakfast spread also was good.
They also don't provide free wifi which has become a norm in all hotels.
Will I stay again, maybe a big NO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the abode of hospitality, a perfect place for all individuals, business or leisure where your expectations are always superceded. Ramada Powai offers 134 elegantly furnished guest rooms including exquisite grand suites featuring panoramic view of the lush green valley and the lake. Suites, Deluxe Rooms, Superior Rooms, Handicap Rooms, Smoking & Non-Smoking Rooms. The Rooms are much more spacious than standard hotel rooms. They have larger beds and are fitted with the finest en-suite amenities.Ramada Powai Hotel & Convention Centre also offers wide variety & array of choice MICE activities including from residential conference;Wedding events;product launch,etc.We are first hotel in India to serve ZERO TRANS FAT FOOD;also we have swimming pool which is chlorine free (as Ozone generators to filter & clean the pool).To add to its attraction we have an Open Air Restaurant named "Skky" serving Pan Asian Cuisine & is open from 5pm to 01am.We also have a "UNO BAR" open from 12pm to 01am.Located 6 kms. from the International Airport and 10 kms from the Domestic Airport the property is conveniently located near Hiranandani Gardens, SEEPZ, Bombay Exhibition Centre, NSE Grounds, L&T and MIDC . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Powai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai
- Ramada Palm Grove Mumbai
- Ramada Hotel Palm Grove Mumbai