I visited this property recently.
Points which I liked: -
1) The reception staff was very courteous and friendly.
2) Check in was super fast and hassle free.
3) They provide a bed side lighting console which can be used to control the lighting of the room and the bathroom as well as indicate for privacy and housekeeping outside the room door.
4) The front desk staff was prompt in arranging for Taxis and catering to other small requests.
Points which I disliked: -
1) The major turn off was the food at Herbs & Spice restaurant. The variety of dishes was not enough. Furthermore the quality of the food was also not good as certain dishes did not taste right. As a result I had an upset stomach the next day. I was so disappointed with the food that I chose to skip the complimentary breakfast the next morning.
2) The chefs standing behind the counter of the buffet areas were not even wearing gloves while working in the kitchen. Not something which I expected out of a 5 Star hotel.
3) After checking in I had the sunday brunch at their Cafe Ambrosia. The same evening during dinner buffet I noticed that they had put the same left over pastries in the desserts section which they had put during the afternoon buffet brunch instead of putting fresh ones. How on earth can they do that? That too in a buffet which is costing Rs. 750/- + Taxes.
4) The staff working in the restaurant also need some training. After a guest gets over and done with soup and starters the plates/spoons/forks/knives needs to be replaced with fresh ones for main course. These small observations need to be done by the restaurant staff and should attend to guests accordingly. However each time the staff had to be called to clear the used utensils.
My stay could have been much better if the quality of food and services of the restaurant was upto the mark. I would suggest the management to take proper steps to improve the quality of food and services offered at their restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the abode of hospitality, a perfect place for all individuals, business or leisure where your expectations are always superceded. Ramada Powai offers 134 elegantly furnished guest rooms including exquisite grand suites featuring panoramic view of the lush green valley and the lake. Suites, Deluxe Rooms, Superior Rooms, Handicap Rooms, Smoking & Non-Smoking Rooms. The Rooms are much more spacious than standard hotel rooms. They have larger beds and are fitted with the finest en-suite amenities.Ramada Powai Hotel & Convention Centre also offers wide variety & array of choice MICE activities including from residential conference;Wedding events;product launch,etc.We are first hotel in India to serve ZERO TRANS FAT FOOD;also we have swimming pool which is chlorine free (as Ozone generators to filter & clean the pool).To add to its attraction we have an Open Air Restaurant named "Skky" serving Pan Asian Cuisine & is open from 5pm to 01am.We also have a "UNO BAR" open from 12pm to 01am.Located 6 kms. from the International Airport and 10 kms from the Domestic Airport the property is conveniently located near Hiranandani Gardens, SEEPZ, Bombay Exhibition Centre, NSE Grounds, L&T and MIDC . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Powai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Ramada Palm Grove Mumbai
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai
- Ramada Hotel Palm Grove Mumbai