“Poor service, unethical!”

Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #62 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I would agree to most of the reviews here! Service is really pathetic and appalling!

They charged "special calls" which according to them were made by me from my room!,

You can imagine how they do business!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey.I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.In addition, please know that your comments and issues is been shared with the team and reviewed we have find out that there two local mobile calls which were made from your room as featuring in your invoice and were been made to the doctor who had visited you,since you were unwell and as part of preliminary procedure doctor speaks to the patient before he visits them in order to avoid any uncertain emergency.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed for a night during an office off-site and came back SORELY DISAPPOINTED.
THE LOCATION : Far from the Central Business District and from the sight seeing and shopping attractions, this property would work only if you have some work in the neighbourhood and would like to avoid a commute.
Not the most charming of neighbourhoods either!

That this is a low budget property is very much evident in the quality of the rooms, the soft furnishings, the linen . the toiletries (by far the tackiest I have seen).

Certainly not recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SameerBombay_India

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! The Hotel is a perfect residence for corporate as well as leisure travelers and is designed to provide a relaxing and renewing experience for the people who want to unwind themselves from hustle & bustle of Mumbai city among the greens yet connected to business hub around tlike Powai ; Andheri Or Thane Industrial belt for example.. Also there are many shopping which are close by and within 15 minutes drive from the hotel.Your feedback on quality of rooms gives us an insight towards the area of improvement at our end.Which we have already doing it by doing refurbishing of room and its soft linen.With regards to the bath linen & toiletries we have using the country’s most reputed company ,which is reliable vendor to many of the esteemed hotels in India.
At Ramada Powai we always consider that the comments are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level reaching at our full potential. It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to all our guests, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and we do hope you will not benchmark us with the shortcomings you had experienced and will give us an opportunity to serve you better. Looking forward to having an opportunity to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Mumbai

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable which I will say from the off, because everythin else is bad. The shower didn't work properly and there was nothing to be done to fix it apparently. The satellite tv doesn't work for anything but the main 3 Indian channels - certainly any western channels are jumpy and crackly to the point of not-watchable.

I arrived late and the first thing I was struck by was how unfriendly the front desk management were, they just seemed to be directly irritated with guests for giving them something to do. Once up to my room, when I called room service for a snack, they said fine. 45 minutes later I called to ask how long it would be as I was tired, to which they replied that they didn't have what I'd ordered, the kitchen was closed but I could have some bread - clearly 5 star service! So infuriating that I had to wait and they didn't call me to tell me this.

The next morning, after having a debacle at the restaurant where the f&b manager 3 times came back to me telling me that they didn't have what I wanted (each time taking over 5-10 minutes to let me know of this so it was about 25 minutes before my order could've been placed by which time I had to leave. The F&B manager was a nice man but his staff clearly weren't competent and, although he meant well, he wasn't sure of what he was doing. This was a clear problem all over the restaurant, the staff were nice and meant well but were severely under-trained and incompetent.

The problem with this hotel is clearly with the management, they are rude, awkward, unfriendly, inattentive and unhelpful at every step. The rest of the hotel as a result suffers as you'd expect.The female duty manager in particular was awful, always looking for an argument, exceptionally slow to deal with any request and certainly never able to resolve any problems. The other manager seemed content to hide in the managers office leaving the fresh faced trainees with less than strong English skills to deal with issues they obviously were not qualified to.

The other facets of the hotel such as health spa and business centre are under-maintained and terribly run to the point of being non functional. In the health spa, the jacuzzi was filthy and the steam room was turned off meaning you would have to wait for an hour to use it. The massage bed was broken and uncomfortable, something they didn't think pertinent to say until after I'd paid for what was not a cheap but a terrible massage - when I highlighted and questioned the broken chair they just laughed saying 'broken for long time'! The business centre was awful, the 'technician' had no idea how to fix the printer and left it to a fresh faced management trainee to falter for half an hour before recommending I go find another printer. They still had the cheek to ask for payment for use of the business centre even though my use of it had been squarely zero.

I would highly advise that anyone STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. The only redeeming factor is the presence of the SKYY bar on the roof of the adjacent convention centre, though the food wasn't fantastic and was expensive, the space itself is stunning and well worth the money for a sunset cocktail.

1  Thank Steve S
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Guest

It's with great regret that i read this and absolutely disappointed to have let you down on so many counts.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team.

This would be an important learning experience for all and I'm sure will keep us on our toes going forward.

It would be wishful thinking on our part to expect you back, however we would still hope for that opportunity. We have every intention of righting our wrongs and leaving you with better memories .

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I started staying in this hotel from November 2012, every month on an average 2-3 days till May. Not only the service is getting worse, it seems like the staff is appreciated for picking up conflicts with guest & arguing too. In the recent stay ( May 14-16) in the hotel , I had 3 terrible experience

1. A verbal conflict with the front office staff at the time of check-in. The staff was forced to tell me sorry after I made a complaint to Duty manager, and the next day out I also told her sorry to make a complaint situation where she was forced to tell me sorry.
2. The door in my room was not opening after I came from my work out on May 15 and in that condition was forced to stand for almost 15 minutes & once I was inside the room their house keeping staff was doing exercise on the door for long , again had to raise my voice to do it after I leave hotel for my meeting.
3. Unfair billing / waiting for check out- When asked about internet connected,they provided the login details , never told me that it is chargeable to the tune of Usd 12/ day , when I raised concern, the man at front office immediately announced that “ We have corporate customers, so independent customers is not our concern” means that they don’t hesitate to show their back to people like me who pay usd 125/ day to stay in this pathetic hotel.
My dear Corporate Customers- These guys are getting habitual and will definitely show their arrogance to you. I checked out from this hotel & they stayed one day in The Lalit Mumbai & it was true royality in this price range. Stay away from such arrogant staff and hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, Very Bad. If you like fighting & arguing this is the place.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Ramada Powai Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback.I am deeply embarrassed and sincerely apologize for not meeting up to your expectation and the shortcomings during your stay at Ramada Powai.I have therefore taken up these specific instances with our management and accomodation team. We are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future.Your comments been noted and is being addressed through our training programs

The comfort of our guests is of the highest concern to us and in regard to the problem of door lock, we have engaged the services of the country’s most reputed door locking company called Ving Card ,which is reliable vendor to many of the esteemed hotels in India.

In regards to the first instance I have checked with the Duty manager whom you spoke to after your checkin he did mention the complete narration received from you and also at the end of conversation you had put forward that the if the staff who took check in does not say sorry then you will checkout of the hotel.

With respect to the third instance about unfair billing since you mentioned in your mail that you have been staying from Nov'12 and been availing the services of the hotel.To add on to this since inception of the hotel internet services are provided on charge basis.Once you have stayed in between 27th Feb'13 to 1st March'13 wherein you have availed the chargeable internet services.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.Your patronage of Ramada Powai is extremely important to us and we hope that this incident will not cause you to look unfavorably at us.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Ramada Powai Mumbai.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 days. On 2nd day my room key was not working. They told me that i kept key alongwith my mobile. Later found that that was not reason. Then told that charge is not there in lock. That was also not the reason. Then they opened manually. For this i waited outside my room for 28 minutes. Till then Manager didn't attend. Service staff also very lethargic, he was speaking in mobile with somebody and not opening my room. I never expected such a service from a 5* hotel. In restaurant also, except two staff, remaining are not co-operative. If we ask anything, they will move their head from left to right and they don't speak at all. However, spa staff is good and very responsive person. Each and every particle in Hotel is excellent. But the staff are spoiling the image of Hotel. Then don't call taxi through their transport wing or bell boy. Because they will charge minimum of Rs.400/- just for dropping out. Instead call other local Cabs at a minimum rate of Rs.100/-

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Sureshkumar V
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us on TripAdvisor. Whilst we are happy to note that you have enjoyed the spa staff service and the hotel, it is distressing to note that you had to face the challenge of key not being working & waiting on the second day. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We have also noted the disappointment you have expressed concerning your staff attitude& cooperation at our Food and Beverage venue . While it is our utmost focus to provide our valued, discerning guests such as you a flawless and impeccable experience, your experience has certainly been an aberration, not reflective of the hotel's service levels. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that you have a wonderful experience on your return in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in Ramada Powai on my business conference. The rooms are good, housekeeping staff is really good & efficient. Food is really good, location is treat for eyes in Mumbai that overlooks hilly rocks & is peaceful. Only trouble is Mosquitoes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RaviDua

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Whilst it is a pleasure to know that you liked the hotel and the services, your concern about the the mosquitoes in the lobby have also been addressed by us.

We do try and keep a tab on the mosquitoes, but unfortunately, last 4 weeks have seen a huge amount of breeding, due to ambient breeding temperatures, in Powai Mumbai as a whole. We have also checked other hotels, and this was a problem till last week. We have taken corrective steps in order to contain this problem, and I am happy to assure you that we have been successful in doing so.

I wish to thank you again for sparing your time. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We all look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Room was well-equipped & clean. Nice lobby for meeting visitors. Good restaurant. Check-in was quick. Did not like the fact that they wanted to hold on to our passports for copying since the receptionist did not have access to the copier. Bell hop got us a cab for international airport at an inflated fare. Overall experience was pleasant.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for staying at Ramada Powai Mumbai.

We are glad that you had an overall pleasant stay with us and are very pleased to note your appreciative comments on the hotel facilities and the service provided by our staff. The issue with regards to passport copying had been resolved as we have the scanner placed at the front desk itself in order to avoid inconvenience & delay.Incase the reception gets busy after due permission from guest we send it along with luggage.Inconvenience regretted for transport arrangement to the international airport.Howsoever just to keep you updated that we have fixed charges for international airport drop whether its a hotel car or a cool cab.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Ramada Powai Mumbai