“Terrible Stay at the Ramada Powai”

Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #63 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Terrible Stay at the Ramada Powai”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Upon first glance, the rooms appeared to be quite nice. After awhile, it became apparent that both my coworker's and my own room were swarming with mosquitoes. I brought this to the attention of management and they gave me a plug in device to deter the mosquitoes but it did not work. During my time in Mumbai, I stayed at two other hotels and neither of them had this issue. Further, the air conditioning unit in my room was blowing warm air. Repairmen were sent up and they were able to determine after almost an hour that it was not working correctly. At that point I was moved to a new room with a working AC. As others have mentioned, this hotel overlooks a slum-like area. Throughout the night dogs were barking and between the broken AC and mosquito bites - not much sleep was to be had. All in all a terrible experience

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Ramada Powai Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback.
The comfort of our guests is of the highest concern to us and in regard to the problem of mosquitos, we have engaged the services of the country’s most prevalent pest control company in order to assist us in combating the external environmental issue of mosquitoes.

I am deeply embarrassed and sincerely apologize for not meeting up to your expectation and the shortcomings during your stay at Ramada Powai.I have therefore taken up these specific instances with our management and accomodation team. We are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.Your patronage of Ramada Powai is extremely important to us and we hope that this incident will not cause you to look unfavorably at us.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Ramada Powai Mumbai.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staying here for 2weeks for business trip. Hotel looks normal, hotel room is abit old due to less maintenance, never really perform house keeping for me, never change my bedsheets eventhough I asked. Toilet never really clean and never replenish those utilities after 1week of my stay. Breakfast everyday same and only change menu by changing abit of cooking style. Restaurant staff not responsive and need to call them few time only respond. The lap cloth and plate still got stain. Overall service is bad as I asked to help print 1 piece of boarding ticket and they charge me 10rupee. It is not about the money but is the hospitality and service that u all can't offer despite I stay for 2 weeks. Overall the price is reasonable for the level of "star" they have and laundry is inexpensive. Other than that not recommended and won't stay here ever!

• Stayed March 2013
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you considering our hotel for your stay in Mumbai. Your feedback is valuable to us. The entire team at Ramada Powai, Mumbai is disappointed to know that your expectations were not met.

I have personally looked into this matter and also shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams. We would like to assure you of a better experience.

Do let me know when you are next in Mumbai and please be assured that the team is geared up to ensure that your perception about the hotel changes for the positive and I will be pleased to personally look after all the aspects of your stay.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We did not go for a weekend retreat; alas we stayed there as part of a residential training. That it was an equally enjoyable experience as the former goes a long way to establish the credentials of the hotel in hospitality and service. During the day all we wanted in the training hall was immaculately laid out; the evenings were equally well done with all that we desired available and at time. The dinner buffets and the mails during the training were smoothly managed. We enjoyed the lush green environs, the pool and the big lawns. We were also witness to the shooting of a popular TV serial during our stay. Rooms were well stacked, lobbies good, reception beautiful, a curio shop and parlour to boot made it really a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Ramada Powai Mumbai during your recent visit to Mumbai and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the facilities available at the hotel and the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service. Thank you once again for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Ramda Powai Mumbai.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have rated the stay excellent but I have serious issues that this hotel needs to look at and these issues are not what I have come to expect staying at a Ramada property.

Ok first the good things, the room was spacious, clean and well presented and furnished to ramada standards, big bed air conditioning and a large clean toilet and shower area.
The staff in the restaurant were all very nice and efficient as was the guest relations guy.

We arranged a trip through the hotel to India Gate the Taj palace hotel and some sightseeing around Mumbai, again the driver was very knowledgeable and accomadating to where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see. We also got the hotel to arrange a street car for us to go to the airport and the car was there at 410am prompt and once again the driver was first class.

But we had serious issues with the service provided by the reception night time staff in that we had 3 yes three times asked for an alarm call at 330am, and I am still waiting. I presented myself at the reception at 4am and told the girl we were meant to get a wake up call at 330 to which she replied she had no knowledge of this, her and another guy behind the desk tried to laugh this off needless to say I was less than amused. I was in bed the previous night and got a phonecall from reception confirming that I had ordered a taxi for 410am and a wake up call at 330am. NOT GOOD

The night before we had chose to have the buffet dinner in the Ramada restaurant there was plenty of choice but only one meat dish in the hot choices all the food I ate was from the hot buffet, my Mrs on the other hand had most of her food from the cold buffet and the result was that I didn't need the wake up call that never came as my Mrs woke up at 2am to then be sick and on and off the toilet for the next 2hours with the cold buffet deposited down the sink.

I asked the girl at reception for a plastic bag or a sick bag for my Mrs and after 10 mins wait I had to get in the taxi so I would not be late for my airport check in.

I paid for 2 nights B&B and as we were leaving early I asked the reception staff the previos day if they would make up a small brekfast bag for us and surprise surprise they said no, very dissapointing.

This hotel is clean tidy and mostly has good staff and is very close to the airports but I would not stay here again due to the issues with my Mrs sickness and the ineptitude of certain staff which let this great brand down.

So one the one hand excellent and on the other hand no use to man nor beast

Room Tip: Dont stay in rooms that are round the back overlloking the internal road as the dogs from the shanti...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of the hotel and its services.

Whilst I’m glad that you liked the travel arrangements & room upkeep.I regret to note the inconvenience caused to you on account of the reception & dinner experience.

With regard to your comment on the food quality, please feel free to share your preferences with our chefs and they will be happy to customize the dishes to suit your taste.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hospitality was good. Staffs are well behaved. food was excellent. It is ideal place of staying. It is nearer to my office. Rooms are well decorated. Dining experience was good. Hotel has a good swimming pool and Zym. Experience was beyond my expectation.

Room Tip: Hotel is very good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Powai Mumbai as your choice of accommodation and for posting a brief review regarding your stay.

It is very pleasing to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. Your appreciation for the friendliness and assistance of our staff is most encouraging and it gives us much delight to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services, as it is what we strive for everyday.

We thank you very much for your recommendation and hope that Ramada Powai Mumbai remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This property is very well placed with respect to the business travelers, for conducting conferences, and business meetings. i thoroughly enjoyed my stay when I was here for my Product launch meeting. I enjoyed the ambiance, dinning experience, our late night open air dinner.
As far as rooms were concerned they were immaculate and rooms service was very nice along with great staff.
I personally liked the swimming pool where despite being on professional visit our kid inside came out and had fun!
All the 3 days spent there is a memory !!

Room Tip: try to have north side facing rooms as it will give view of pool and Garden !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 11, 2013

Season’s Greetings!

Your feedback has been most constructive in allowing us to better our services and thank-you much for the same. Following this, we are ensuring that our product quality further enhances, in order to meet the needs and requirements of our guests and service them better.

Your appreciation for our team members is truly rewarding.Thank you once again for your recognition & we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have used their Banquet Services many times for official Events and found the staff very helpful, excellent food quality and prompt service
Good place for organizing events over here.
Have been very helpful staff throughout the event and helped making on the time changes as well...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

The greatest affirmation one can receive in the hospitality industry is the repeated satisfaction and continued patronage of a contented guest.

We are happy that our efforts at providing prompt, excellent service and a home away from home for our customers has led to Ramada Powai Mumbai becoming a preferred destination for organizing events and staying.

On behalf of my team, I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you and serving you with the best that the hotel has to offer.