“Highlight of the trip ”

Ranked #30 of 14,885 Restaurants in Mumbai
Neighborhood: Lower Parel
Description: The Palladium Hotel has changed its name to The St. Regis
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Spectacular last meal before wrapping up our trip to India. The restaurant is beautiful, and the spectacular service on par with the rest of the St Regis - perfect! The food was just phenomenal, with the highlight being the 24 hour cooked dal. Very special end to the trip.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

We were especially escorted by Mr upadhyaya into the restaurant. We weren't in the hotel for exactly to dine at the restaurant but he insisted so we made it in...
The food was excellent made out of fresh ingredients.
My dad also had two pints of beer. Cheers to the server who was great at upselling.
Overall a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Loved loved loved this place. If I think as hard as I can - I can not find a single complaint! I’ve been coming to India for 15 years and Love the food - but this took it to a new level.

I had my platinum gift for a drink and canapés so started with that - I ordered the Paneer which was delicious - 3 pieces and if you just wanted a snack it was plenty. I on the other hand just arrived from my 15 hour trip from Newark and wanted a meal so just had a piece as I prepared for the rest of the meal. Note it was already 10pm but this team was on it!

I also had the Indian Viogner. I’m usually a Chardonnay drinker and this was quite nice. (Truth be told - When i started coming to India years ago Indian wine was not my favorite - but when I had the choice between the French and Indian - I preferred the Indian)

I then struggled with the order since there were so many amazing options and i knew multiple options would not be good since portions are for sharing.

The severs were amazing and then offered half portions - in India - this is the way to go. I had an amazing Lamb Sahib style dish. House specialty. Rose petal seasoning with I don’t know what else but it was amazing. They said it cooks overnight and it truly Fell off the bone.

Perhaps the biggest delight was the dhal. Apparently another house specialty. I could eat that every day and night for weeks. I’m pretty sure there was a gallon of butter in it but they explained it was homemade and not salted so was ”healthy”. Ha. Honestly I try to eat healthy but whether this was healthy or not - i don’t care - this was ridiculous. Most amazing lentils ever. One of their specialties - again cooks overnight - I can’t recommend enough. Order a few servings:-)

Chef Ali was delightful - came to the table with the executive chef and gave me lots of information about the food, the recipes, restaurants in other cities I was visiting in India, etc. The servers were
Better than the ones I’ve had in many Michelin Star restaurants - trust what they tell you. My next trip I’m skipping the ordering and leaving it all to them

My only tip on this restaurant is Go! You won’t regret it

My only regret - I wish all 8 of my. Ights in India were here!

Love
Love love this place and the people!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank ddlaxmom
Reviewed April 20, 2019

I was here just a couple of days back and I had the opportunity to use my Zomato Gold 2+2 on drinks offer. I had vodka paan drink, a kipling sahib and a mojito. The drinks were absolutely fantastic, in particular the Kipling Sahib was perfect, and gingery. They were served chilled and I couldn't be happier. Definitely coming back again!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank nrm77
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner in the Sahib room whilst staying at the St Regis. The menu was extensive and so, with limited knowledge of Indian food, we decided to opt for one of the set menus. It's a great idea because if you really like one of the dishes (or more than one) you can ask the waiters to bring more of that dish or dishes. I particularly liked the broccoli in mustard but my husband and friends all had different favourites. My only qualm was that there was too much food and it was so good that we all ate far too much! Chef Ali (from Goa) came out to speak to us between each course and explained about the food and how they cook it, which was really interesting. At the end of the meal, master chef Asif Qureshi came out to ask if we had enjoyed our meal. These are really personal touches that make a big difference. Ali also asked if we had decided where to eat the next night and helped us to decide then booked it for us. All of the staff were lovely but Ali was outstanding. Great meal so do try this restaurant if you are in Mumbai and want a really good, authentic Indian meal in lovely surroundings. You don't have to be staying at the St Regis to eat here.

Date of visit: April 2019