Open today: 6:00 PM - 1:30 AM
Review Highlights
Amazing ambience and food.

Absolutely loved everything about this place. The music, the concept, the food and the drinks as... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2018
karmanyas
Amazing

PDT - Please Don't Tell is surely one of the unique restaurant/ pub in town. Loved the way it's... read more

Reviewed December 30, 2016

from $140.00
from $61.25
from $88.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Absolutely loved everything about this place. The music, the concept, the food and the drinks as well.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

PDT - Please Don't Tell is surely one of the unique restaurant/ pub in town.
Loved the way it's starts from Phone booth call for entry.
We have visited this place recently and our experience are as below.

Ambiance: The set up is great and very unique. Loved the way they have design. Surely take you to some old styles.
Food: We have ordered many dishes like Hush hush Mush, Squid Pro Quo, Butter Chicken risotto, Hot Dogs - King of Country Fair and in Desserts - Baked Cheesecake and Dark Chocolate.
Must say the food was really tasty and great quality maintained and nicely presented. We loved Hush hush Mush the most.
Service: The server were very kind and helpful. Overall great hospitality.
We will surely recommend to visit this place.

P.S. Though we were been invited by PDT, the views are 100% our own.

Reviewed November 9, 2016

I had an absolutely terrible experience at PDT Mumbai. I was eating a prawn and it got stuck in my throat. I died immediately afterward. I am writing this review from Trump HQ. Trump tells me to tell you to go back to your homeland. I love Nehal

3  Thank rishabk969
Reviewed October 2, 2016

This was my first speakeasy bar in Mumbai and I loved it! We booked PDT for an office party and were blown by the vibe and service. Enter through a red telephone booth and you are led into a cool, concrete enclave reminiscent of an industrial complex. Love the drinks with a desi twist and the street food specially the mini vada pav served with fried green chilli and two chutneys.

Juspreet, Owner at PDT Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Dear Madhulika,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on this platform. We are happy you had a good experience at PDT. We are glad you liked the cocktails and the street style fusion food. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Had been to PDT for an office party! Was overwhelmed with their service. Absolutely loved the ambiance of the place. Great music along with some amazing food options! Head here if you wanna groove to some good music and party hard!

Dear Sneha Rane,

We are happy you enjoyed your time at PDT. Thank You for reviewing us on this platform. We would be delighted to serve you again.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

If you are tiered of going to same kind of places that offer the same music that seem to be versions of a version of a version, then PDT is the place that will break the monotony that our night lives have become.

It actually creates a sense of an underground venue. When you get there the first time too can't see a door to enter and that is where the fun begins. You have to call in from an old school london styled phone booth to give the 'password' to enter (don't worry you don't have to Combe through the dark internet for the password) Once you get in, the place is in sync with the underground theme. The decor/interiors are done with a rustic feel of an old school basement but definitely not dingy or depressing. The acoustics are awesome. The music is loud for those who wanna dance but you can still hear each other across the table for those who like to coverage. It is one place that does not seem to hate smokers. The seating area outside is smoker friendly and for once you don't seem to be shoved in a smoke chamber in concentration camp.

The booze and food is very good and though not cheap, definitely is value for money. All in all there are places that offer food, booze or music and then there are places like PDF that offer an experience. A definite must go.

Dear Abhinav,

We are glad you loved the decor, a lot of thought has gone into it. We take our inspiration from the Speakeasy bars during the Prohibition Era.
We are happy you had a good time at PDT. Thank you for recommending us and we are glad we could break the monotony and you had a great night at PDT. Thank you for reviewing us on this platform. Hope to serve you again.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Last night we celebrated 1 year of our agency at this place. I loved the ambience and lighting so perfect for any kind of occasions. I want to thank the manager & team for service. Loved the chicken roll I had. You could feel the speciality as soon you step out of your car and trying to get the entry. I won't tell you cause its a experience that I shall not spoil for any first time visitor. Thanks for making our 1 year celebration lovely

Dear Vikram,

Thank you for reviewing us on this platform. We are glad we could be a part of your 1 year celebrations and that we could make it special for you. We are glad you had a good time and we would be delighted to serve you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I love to visit this place in heart of Mumbai I.e Lower Parel .. Place is accessible easily its in kamala mills compound.. It has parking valet facilities.. Best part of this place is reasonable drinks and good music .. I love to go there with friends almost every week.. U van have quick bites with drink in PDT .. Love to party .. It makes me feel happy

Dear Ajinkya

We are happy that PDT makes you happy and you love partying with your friends at PDT. Thank you taking time to review us on this platform. Hoping to see you again.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

It's fun going to pdt
Staff too good
One of the staff entertained us with his magic skills n it was fun n we enjoyed it a lot
Crowd is good
Music is good

Dear Devangi,

We are happy you had a great time at PDT. We are glad the staff assisted you well and entertained you. Thank you for taking the time out to review us on this platform. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

PDT A Secretive Bar
PDT is a concept restaurant brought to you by KSW hospitality. Many people would know them for its infamous Pritam group of hotels and Grandmama’s café in Mumbai. It’s the first speak easy concept bar I have visited in mumbai. Many people don’t know the concept of speak easy bars including me and I was delighted to know the history behind this stuff. Apparently Speak easy bars were illegal establishments that came into prominence in America during the Alcohol prohibition era. During this time the sale, manufacture and transportation of alcoholic beverages were banned in America. Such bars used to be disguised to look like a saloon, shop or a telephone booth etc and used to actually sell liquor to its loyal patrons

True to its concept PDT situated in Kamala mills is secretly tucked in besides a red telephone booth. You actually wouldn’t even know there’s a restaurant in there. You got to get inside the booth and dial the number “5” which gets you access to the restaurant. I found that pretty cool. The ambience of the restaurant is completely true to the concept where the interiors have been done to give an old tavern like look with industrial elements here and there.

PDT serves a mix and match of American, Modern Indian and finger food. Sagar Bhosle is the man behind the magic at PDT. He has previously worked at Taj group of hotels and Le café before joining PDT. He is full of energy and is dedicated to his work. He cooks up a storm and is also very open to feedback which was something I appreciated a lot. If you’re at PDT and want help just give him a shout. Appreciate all the efforts he put in to make it an awesome experience

The food in PDT is majorly Indian with some modern Indian elements in some dishes. Their Indian dishes are what really shine bright in their menu. The menu is divided into starters, Finger food, Rolls, Hot Dogs, Burgers, Pasta, Risotto and Mains. Each section has some house specials but their core must have is their rolls. They are absolutely top notch in their rolls be it the filling, sauces or the wrap. Their rolls are so much in demand that they also have a rolls take away going on in parallel.

Must haves
The street secret, Shrooms with a view, The Chicken Achari, Chole Papdi & Vada Pav Roll and the Veiled Beauty
Read on to know the complete set

Hush Mush
A dish consisting of panko fried stuffed mushrooms. The stuffing inside consisted of spinach, cheese and some balsamic reduction to flavor the core served with their signature harissa mayo. This dish replaces the jalapeno cheese poppers and does it with style. This dish was loved by veggies and non-veggies alike

Street Secret
Mumbaikars love their Vada Pao and the guys at PDT have replicated that love in the form of these mini Vada Pao sliders served with 3 chutneys. These were made in true Mumbai style and both the Vada and the Pao was super soft. All of the guys loved it.

Camouflaged Bird
Spicy Chicken tikka masala topped on puff pastry garnished with a drop of mayo. This dish was great but it could have been better in my opinion as the puff pastry used could have been a bit softer. The chicken tikka masala topping on the puff was really good but the puff in my opinion had to be chewed a little more which changed the taste and texture holistically

Rolls
As I have mentioned earlies the magic of PDT food lies in its rolls that’s where they really excel. It’s one of the better rolls you find in the city. The rolls are whole wheat, made by hand and freshly baked in the tandoor on order, these are then dressed with their in house dressings and filled up with their top notch gravies to allure our taste buds. If you visit PDT you have to have these rolls or you’re missing the essence of their menu. We tried a couple of rolls
Vada Pav Roll
The guys at PDT have done something really innovative in this space and created a Vada pav roll. I have never had one before but when I had it here I absolutely loved it. That’s because of the way the saucy dressings inside the wrap gave a wet texture to their already soft and high on flavor Vada’s.
Chicken Achari Roll
The chicken Achari roll is a roll that every non vegetarian must try when you’re here. The flavors that we felt in each bite left us longing for more. This roll was what Indian rolls are made up of. Sweet, Sour Spice & everything nice. A must have wrap. The filling inside was also very generous. For vegetarians there is a chole papdi roll that you must try

Chicks on Sticks
Chicken skewers made teriyaki style and served with Peanut butter sauce. The teriyaki flavored meat was succulent, well grilled and just about perfect for my standards. For me the dish lost its plot with the peanut butter sauce. It just doesn’t go with the Sweet flavored teriyaki. All it does is that it neutralizes all teriyaki flavor on the meat and gives a peanut heavy flavor. This dish was Like “Udta Punjab”. It had the potential only to be failed because of the dip that’s served

Crave the Date
Another Dish that had few elements which were very good only to be neutralized by other elements which brought the dish down. This consisted of Minced Lamb cutlets topped on a pita bread and garnished with sweet onions, tomatoes and coriander. The thick and dry Pita bread in this dish neutralized everything that’s on top. It needed some sauce or masala on it to add on to the lamb. The Lamb cutlets topped with those onions actually were very good and reminisced me of those young days spent having kebab pav.

Shrooms With A View
The feeling I got with this dish was like the England Vs Iceland Match yesterday. You have high expectations with something and something completely unexpected becomes the star of the day. That’s what this dish was all about. Who would have expected an open sandwich to be so damn good. Soft Focaccia bread toasted and topped with a delicious and saucy mushroom mix drizzled with balsamic reduction. Mushrooms and balsamic can never go wrong

Veiled Beauty
Well when you have so much of Indian food you would really want to have something Indian in mains too and that’s why we opted for this neat little Pav Bhaji made PDT Style. A very simple pav Bhaji loaded with some parmesan and served with warm, buttery and soft pavs. Just the way all Indians like it. The vegetarian options really were good here.

Butter Chicken Risotto
I read a lot of reviews and recommendations for this dish and had made up my mind to try this at all costs. Slated as one of the best modern indian risottos that you can try here but my experience was the polar opposite of this. This dish was just too sweet for my liking and I dont think I can ever visualize myself having a sweet risotto. That too coming from a guy who loves sweet flavored food
Desserts
In Desserts we tried the baked cheesecake and a chocolate cake. Both the desserts were good to end the meal. I especially liked the baked cheesecake which made me remember my favorite Japanese cheesecake a lot.

Final Verdict
PDT had its shares of ups and downs for me but It’s a nice option to go in Kamala mills especially as most of the star studded places are always full. If you want to have some rolls, drinks and in general have some good Indian finger food you should definitely give this place a visit.

Dear Chotu,

Thank you so much for the detailed review on this platform. We are glad you had a good experience at PDT. We will surely consider your feedback. We would be delighted to serve you again soon.