“It was like staying at home”

Tunga Paradise Hotel
Ranked #92 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am glad to have chosen Paradise by Tunga.I visited Mumbai along with my family in the middle of December,2013.Since I was travelling with my family, wanted a 'proper' place within a reasonable budget near to the Airport.This hotel was recmmended to me by a friend.When contacted,soon booking details, tariffs,complimentary breakfast and Airport pick-ups was mailed back to me. We arrived wee hours in the morning from Dubai.Hotel pick up was waiting for us.Within 15 ninutes, we were in the hotel lobby,briskly registration formalities completed.In no time we jumped into the cosy beds.Mr Rajesh, the manager personally welcomed us when we were half through our wholesome breakfast.During our week stay, we found the room comfortable,tidy and spacious.House keeping was done regularly, no trace of any unclean or soiled linens and towels. It is advised to ask for rooms in 4th n 5th floors.Heard rooms are bigger.It was a homely stay.All the workers in the hotel were polite,receptive,curteous and eager to help.Food in "Destiny" was v good.But the resturent in front of the hotel turned out to be happy hunting ground.Drawbacks? Hotel is not v near to shopping faclilities.But nearness to the Airport makes it up completely.Going to the Airport can be dicey in Mumbai traffic! Must say kudos to Mr Rjesh- the manager for giving such personal attention to all their guests. We definitely look forward to our next visit to Paradise by Tunga in near future.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th and 5th floor rooms if you want bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tarit D
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Greetings from The Paradise By Tunga!!!!!!!

Thank you for your recent stay at The Paradise By Tunga !!! and for your encouraging feedback. The entire team is delighted to know that you had a comfortable and memorable stay at the The Paradise By Tunga!!! We assure you that we will continue to endeavor to make your future experiences with us a pleasant and unforgettable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at The Paradise By Tunga !!! in the near future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been visiting Mumbai at least 4-5 times a year since 2009. Initially I kept trying different hotels for different reasons, like lack of consistency in tariff, booking, service etc. This is a major problem for most ‘middle of the road’ business men like me at Mumbai, especially those who travel around quiet a bit and are used to certain standards in accommodation & service. In 2010 my business associate booked me at THE PARADISE by TUNGA, MIDC, POWAI. “Touch Wood” from that day on I never had to look for another place to stay at Mumbai. My stay at Mumbai per visit is anywhere between 5 days to a month … and at the PARADISE I have always felt at home – the ambiance is pleasant and quiet, the rooms are excellent and well kept, the employees are very courteous, they have almost all the facilities’.. Wi –Fi … refrigerator.. dehumidifier.. very good laundry service, an exquisite fine dining restaurant DESTINY with excellent cuisine and a separate bar, it is an ideal place to take our family too… I entertain most of my business associates, friends and their families at the DESTINY and they are in love with this hotel too… one most important thing is that this place has ‘very positive vibes’ whatever business deal I have signed there, has done very well, maybe I sound superstitious by it is TRUE! - Try the THE PARADISE by TUNGA & you will know what I am talking about 

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank manojnigli
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Easy checkin, early checkin, Airport pickup and airport drop off was fentastic. food at the restaurant ground foor was great. The area is like a busy market; however no other issue as appeared to be secure and safe. I used this hotel for 1 night stay on 13th Dec 2013 for my flight connection from Mumbai to UK.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KARTIK_PADIA
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I often go to Mumbai for short business trips so it is convenient to stay near the airport.

The hotel is located a short 10 minute drive from the international airport and transfers are included in the room rates. I booked through an online service and asked them to organize an airport pick-up and the response I got was that it could not be done. Not one to take no for an answer, I looked up the hotel website, found their email address, and wrote to them directly just 24 hours before my arrival. I got an immediate reply and at 6am the following morning there was someone from the hotel waiting in the arrivals area, saving me the hassle of dealing with the pre-paid taxi service at the airport. The next morning my ride was ready promptly at 6:45 am for the return trip. The staff were kind and attentive, much better service than i most places I have stayed in India.

Another plus is the food, which is good and inexpensive, both in the inside restaurant and the outdoor cafe in front of the hotel. I suspect that it all comes from the same kitchen, but the prices are much lower in the outdoor cafe, maybe because they do not have to pay for AC for the outside diners.

This is India, so don't too expect much from a budget hotel and there were few downsides to the Tunga Paradise. The rooms were a little old and mine smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, despite asking for a non-smoking room. The location is super-convenient for the airport, but it's in a rather drab and uninspiring part of town. If you are a tourist, or if it's your first time to Mumbai and you want to see more of the city, then it would better to stay in a more scenic and central location (and worth it to put up with the 2 hour taxi drive to get there).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
rajesh d, Public Relations Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We checked in at this hotel after a one night stopover in Singapore. The stay should also just be a one night stopover on the way to Pune. We had to leave to the airport at 5:30am and ordered a taxi when we checked in at about 6pm. I already thought, my wife and me would be really exhausted and tired after the previous part of our trip. That's why I chose this hotel because it was considered and rated as comfortable and quite - so we could have a proper sleep. The night before was very short and after dinner we went straight to bed at about 8:30pm. At 9pm the loudest 'bombay beats' ever suddenly started and the subwoofer made all the furniture in the room vibrating constantly to the bass drum. No chance to get any sleep at all. After I asked twice on the phone how long it would go for and what they could offer us (room change?) I went downstairs but without any success to receive a answer. Just, that it would be finished by 1am and it is a Diwali Party. Great. They did not find it necessary to tell us when we checked in that it is literally next door to our room? A Party with about 50-100 guests and a sound system which would be probably suitable for a stadium concert - with the same volume! As I asked the receptionist what he could offer as compensation when we checked out (after 2-3 hours sleep) he was not able to do anything about it. I asked to speak to the manager but couldn't even get him on the phone - just his business-card and the suggestion I could receive a discount - next time!?

This is hands down the worst accommodation service I've experienced and I cannot understand how and why a hotel operator can be that ignorant, selfish and obviously really greedy.

Tunga Paradise Hotel? NEVER, EVER AGAIN!

AVOID THIS HOTEL IF POSSIBLE !!!

Room Tip: The right room is not located in this hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David H
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Mr David Hofmann Broussard,
We thank you for posting your review about your experience at Tunga Paradise Hotel , MIDC, Andheri east Mumbai . At the very outset our apology for all the inconvenience and annoyance caused to you during your stay at our hotel . We could’nt agree more in the issues raised by you regarding the need of a peacefull night’s sleep one would expect after a tiring journey with an early morning check out at 7am, the next morning .
We hereby assure you that these issues have been taken up with all the seriousness that is deserved and corrective action will be taken to avoid such incidents occurring in the future. There was absolutely no reason for the receptionist to give the Manager’s card , instead he ought to have called up the Front office manager and should have offered some discount as compensation.
The only good thing about the receptionist probably was his offer for a room change when you first spoke to the reception staff about the disturbance caused to you by the music being played in the banquet hall .
This is most unusual and definitely a departure from what would be expected in a hotel of our standard. We are equally disturbed by this incident and no amount of apology can undo the inconvenience caused to you .
My team and I look forward to your continued visits in the future and we take this opportunity to assure you to take all measures necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for all guests, at all times.
For Tunga Paradise Hotel,
Neeraj Verma,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

- Decent hotel rooms a bit old but ok. Location is good enough for travellers having work in Andheri or Powai Area.
- Apart from that it is very difficult to reach other localities due to traffic.
- You can choose to stay here if the other property of Tunga (Regale) is sold out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
rajesh d, Public Relations Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hotel staff is very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are kept clean. Hotel laundry service is a wonderful amenity. Great location with drop off and pick up at airport. A great and safe place to stay while in Mumbai.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013