“Truly Paradise”

Tunga Paradise Hotel
Ranked #71 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Truly Paradise”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Tunga is a relaxing, comforting experience for a weary traveller. The rooms are very clean, and the hotel offers many western comforts. Laundry service, bottled water, helping you find the things you need in the city of Mumbai. The staff is an excellent resource, the dining is delicious and the stay is always to short.
If you are in Mumbai this hotel staff will take excellent care of you. You'll leave thinking you were in paradise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Katherine L
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a pleasant feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to note that you enjoyed all of your stays during the month of December. I have shared your feedback with the relevant teams and assure you of a better experience on your next visit. We look forward to serve you again!

Best regards,
The Paradise by Tunga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have traveled to Mumbai twice and each time I have stayed at The Paradise by Tunga. It is the perfect place to stay for travelers looking for an authentic Indian experience with the comforts of western conveniences.

The guest rooms are extremely clean and well-maintained. Daily cleaning services keep bedding and bathroom supplies fresh and well-stocked. Ample bottled water is also provided each day.

Laundry services are of the highest quality. Garmets are returned the same day, clean and professionally folded.

The Destiny Lounge is an in-house restaurant that boasts Western, Asian, and Indian cuisine. The food is delicious and individuals are often able to order "off menu" to suit their dietary needs. The wait staff knows the menu well and are able to make recommendations about entrees and pairrings.

The Tunga is capably managed by Rajesh Devadiga. You won't find a better hotel manager in all of Mumbai. He takes excellent care of all his guests; attending to their every need. It doesn't matter if you need transportation or currency exchanged, Rajesh will ensure your visit to Mumbai is a pleasant one.

You will also appreciate the proximity of The Tunga Paradise to Mumbai International Airport. Hotel drivers are available for shuttle service and manage your luggage with care.

For me, The Tunga Paradise is an oasis that allows me to peacefully rest and recover after long days of hard work in Mumbai. I give them my full recommendation and hope you give them an opportunity to care for you, your family, and friends.

By the way, don't forget to try the garlic naan. It is amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shon B
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Best regards,
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The location is ok if you want to look around the northern mumbai. But it is really quite far from the heart of mumbai. Great value for money, free airport pick-up was very good, staff were very friendly. Food is also very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Anindyakc
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Paradise By Tunga!!!!!!!

Thank you for your recent stay at The Paradise By Tunga !!! and for your encouraging feedback. The entire team is delighted to know that you had a comfortable and memorable stay at the The Paradise By Tunga!!! We assure you that we will continue to endeavor to make your future experiences with us a pleasant and unforgettable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at The Paradise By Tunga !!! in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have just returned from a month in India. The last two weeks I spent at the Tunga Paradise Hotel and had a very pleasant stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

-Great value for money
-Very friendly and helpful staff
-Extremely clean
-Amazing food both at the restaurant and room service
-Free airport transfers (very close to the airport)
- WiFi

It is a little bit of a trip to the 'tourist' areas of Mumbai but if you need a hotel in the north of Mumbai I would highly recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Carly T
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Greetings from “The Paradise By Tunga”!!!

Thank you very much for having taken time out to post your review. We are indeed happy to know that you had a satisfying experience at our hotel.

To hear positive comments drives us greatly to ensure that we keep giving such experiences to our guest. I have also conveyed to our team about your review and they join me in thanking you for your feedback.

We assure you of best of our services at all given times and look forward to have you visit us again.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The location is ok if you want to look around the northern mumbai. But it is really quite far from the heart of mumbai. Great value for money, free airport pick-up was very good, staff were very friendly and efficient, free WiFi (but the speed is a bit slow). The room is clean and three bottles of mineral waters were provided every day. The most important thing is the food is very good with reasonable prices. We ordered three times for the in-room dining and loved their indian food very much!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cjwang
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Greetings from “The Paradise By Tunga”

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us. It was indeed great pleasure to have you with us.

It gives me immense pleasure to note that you had a satisfying stay with us

Your feedback is indeed very encouraging. All my associates join me in thanking you for your positive feedback.

We assure you of best of our services at all given times and look forward to your future patronage.

Rajesh Devadiga
Front Office Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked Paradise for a 1 night stay before flying out of india. Great value for money, free airport pick-up was great in a modern car, staff were very friendly and efficient, free WiFi.

We ate in the restaurant and had the buffet which was quite nice. Next morning we had another free airport transfer back to the airport.
There is comfort in india having a driver waiting in Mumbai airport with a placard rather than going through the hustle and bustle of getting a taxi so we appreciated the free transfers.

Location wise the hotel is as described on its website as in an industrial area close to the airport so I recommend it for people working in the area or doing an airport stopover.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank eastwesteire
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Greetings from “The Paradise By Tunga”!!!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been staying at Tung Paradise for last 15 years. Very friendly staff and in particular the General Manager Mr. Rajesh is very help full and accomodative. This makes us go again to Tunga. More over they have a very good south Indian resturant on floor. I would recmond this hotel for business and also for family trip to Mumbai. Murali, Boucherie India, Bangalore

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Murali S
rajesh d, Front Office Manager at Tunga Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Paradise By Tunga!!!!!!!

Thank you for your recent stay at The Paradise By Tunga !!! and for your encouraging feedback. The entire team is delighted to know that you had a comfortable and memorable stay at the The Paradise By Tunga We assure you that we will continue to endeavor to make your future experiences with us a pleasant and unforgettable one.