“Amazing modern hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Amazing modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We (me and my wife) stayed at the Four Seasons for a weekend as we just wanted to relax and be pampered. Here is my full review of the hotel

Our car was quickly taken to the parking by the valet and our luggage was taken care of by their efficient staff. The staff was very warm and seem genuinely happy to receive us.
Check in was quick and they even upgraded us to a premier luxury room which was appreciated very much.

Room:
We had booked a deluxe sea facing room which was upgraded to a premier luxury room. The room was quiet large and was clean & well maintained. The room came with Large windows with a sea view, large TV, super comfortable bed, a small room for luggage and clothes rack, a stacked mini bar and most importantly a very large bathroom with an equally large bath tub. Overall I'll give a 4.5/5 to the room.

Hotel Facilities:
The hotel has a very well equipped gym with all the free weights you want and good collection of cardio and weight machines. Very we'll maintained and top notch.
The only disappointment was the swimming pool which was very small and not suitable for laps. It's more a kids pool than a swimming pool. Not at all suitable for a five star.
Did not try the spa so can't comment.

Food:
We had only breakfast at the hotel and it was good. Not excellent but good. The choice was average with basic Indian fare, bakery, fruits etc but nothing to brag about. The breakfast at Marriott is by far the best.
We did not visit Aer so can't comment but by the looks of it, the views are to die for.

Service:
Not this is one area where Four Seasons wins. The service was very personalised and the staff were very receptive to our needs. For eg. I had asked the valet to wash my car (yes they wash your car @ ₹ 500) and get it ready by 11 am. And voila ! it was there before time waiting for us. The service was 5/5 hands down.

Will definitely visit again !!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback further to you and your wife's recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and of your recognition of the hotel team, especially our team at Guest Services and Front Desk. In addition I am glad to learn that you were pleased with the room accommodations and thank you for your compliments on the personalised service that we could provide. We have always said our people are our most important asset, and your favourable comments confirm that belief.

We are glad to know that you will visit with us again and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andrew Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Can you believe that the airport pick up did not turn up as agreed? Yes, this happened to us. (5 persons with individual rooms) We exited the airport and we realised that no one was waiting for us and we were not allowed to go back in and hence we were stuck at outside and harassed by some strangers / taxi drivers trying to offer a ride to the hotel. We called the hotel and they said they will check and call us back. Guess what? No call back. No apology. No one care. This is my first encounter with Four Seasons and probably last. I always arrange for airport pick up when I travel to developing countries for safety and convenience reasons. No hotel has ever failed me so far. This is not acceptable!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Koktsin
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us further to your recent visit. I request you to kindly contact me on my email address andrew.harrison@fourseasons.com with additional details so that I can investigate the matter further.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Typical Four Season's hotel with impeccable service & great fit-out.
Breakfast & lunch restaurant are great.
Room was fine however if you're to be fussy it did feel a tad dated or weathered.
It's all about the rooftop bar here. Spectacular sunsets over the Arabian sea with mixed crowd of executives, tourists and guests.
Pool is ok at the hotel but not amazing. Probably should have put on the roof alongside the bar. Instead it's set low with no outlook.

All in all one of the best in Mumabi for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for sea views of course.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your stay with us in February. I am happy to learn that you found our service impeccable and that you enjoyed your breakfast and lunch experiences as well and especially the sunset view from AER. Thank you for rating us as one the best hotels in Mumbai and we do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Sunday Brunch at San Qi has a very good ambience with good music and friendly staff. However what is missing is some important factors such as voluntary guidance and suggestions by staff members and name tags to the food spread out on buffet. And since we didn't go for an alcoholic buffet, non alcoholic drinks were not even suggested unless we asked for it. Thanks to friends, who know the place- had informed us about its availability. Overall I would rate it for superb interiors and good atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AvniGor
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you very much for your feedback further to your visit with us in July. While I was most pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Sunday brunch at San-Qi, I have also noted your comments regarding your experience and please rest assured that we will be carefully reviewing this and will make the necessary improvements

We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel, I had been looking forward to seeing this for some time. My initial thoughts are that this is cute, stylish and generally is a pleasant experience but it does not seem to meet the usual high standards of FS in some areas, especially the food component.

Having business lunches on two days in the downstairs all day dining restaurant, the service was great on the first day, and not so great on the second. I think some new recruits were working there, should have been supervised a little more closely as several items were dropped... I ordered a Caesar salad on the first day, which was okay but not memorable, Parma Ham and Arugula Pizza on the second day and that arrived with the Parma Ham cooked into bacon and no arugula. When I asked about this I was told the Chef had no arugula, but I was not advised about that when ordering or on the arrival of the dish. It was not so good either.

On the positive side, the staff are friendly and warm, although I felt somewhat disappointed in service capability when you compare this with other leading hotels in town..

If I may suggest a few things to immediately address, their seem to be too many flying insects in the restaurant (it is monsoon though), and the water used in the floral presentations was murky and in need of changing... my eternal fear of mosquitos made me wonder if the two were linked...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AHP9477
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback further to your recent visit with us. I am disappointed to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your lunch experiences at cafe Prato and more importantly, for not meeting your expectations and living up to the reputation of the Four Seasons brand. Please be assured that we will address the areas of deficient service for improvement and do hope you will visit us again so that we may do our utmost to ensure a perfect experience on your next visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your compliments regarding the staff and do look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

it was my first time at a Four Seasons hence cannot make any comparison with other F.S. wordwide. Hotel provides any service needed - and at excellent level - staff was kind and efficient, good dining options (including San Qi, a very good Asian restaurant). Posh location (Worli) although hotel is pratically inside a more humble area. I would call F.S. a business hotel. It's definitely a high end hotel but without the excesses that sometimes you run the risk to find in other places. An excellent place but I feel in line with other options in India (ex Taj Lands End). Rate was excellent compared to international standards: no chance to manage the same rate in Milan.

Room Tip: top floors rooms can give you interesting view of surronding area
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank marco f
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your stay in May. I am delighted that you enjoyed your first visit with us and that you found our staff and service excellent, especially your dining experience at San-Qi. Thank you also for your comments in regard to our location and competitive rates and look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

From the attentive and helpful staff, wonderful atmosphere and great rooms, we cannot be happier with our experience.
It was such a convenient location and the breakfast was wonderful. Staff made us feel so much at home. The little details made such a difference-a shoe-rack to organize shoes, stands for our eyeglasses, bookmarks for our books! The service was truly exceptional.We had a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Get the se-facing rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Anjali K
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to learn that you had a wonderful and exceptional experience during your visit with us and appreciate your recognition of the efforts by the hotel team who made you feel at home. I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed the room accommodations and found our location convenient. We look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards