“I love the food here”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #12 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, India
“I love the food here”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I just love the service at this place.
If I am not staying here I for sure go for their breakfast buffet.
In the city and so very well placed.
Love the food.
The over all feel is luxurious.
If you want to spend on yourself this is a good place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a luxurious feel during your stay with us and that our service and breakfast experience exceeded your expectations. We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai soon.

Best regards
Andrew Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Four Seasons Mumbai is very much in the tradition of the chain, which is a positive comment. The staff are high quality and the hotel rooms are clean, neat and to a decent standard.

The concierge is very helpful, as are all staff. Unfortunately, I can't attest to the restaurant, though the room service is as good as one can expect in any hotel. The car service on pickup is also excellent, being based on BMW 7 Series cars that shield you from the sensory assault that Mumbai can represent to the newly arrived traveller.

I always pick a Four Seasons whenever I travel, not just for the hotel quality, but for the familiarity. Which brings me to the only oddity - the chain seems to be deleting L'Occitaine soap and going for a 'local soap' (they did this to me in Sydney as well, though were able to supply L'Occitaine when asked). If I wanted a more local flavour I'd stay in a local hotel, not the Four Seasons.

The pool isn't heated, which is a bit unfortunate. However, the hotel itself isn't on the large side, so does suffer capacity constraints. A few years ago, the bathroom in my room had an unfortunate odour, that could have been pipped straight up from the surrounding slums, but not so on my recent trip, which was perfect - managing to insulate me from the noise outside.

Room Tip: Mid-level rooms would seem the best - nothing to low as noise from outside is high. Oh yes, and be r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Muscles_Magoo
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your trip to Mumbai earlier this year. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt well shielded in our car service on your arrival. We appreciate your recognition of the efforts by the hotel staff, especially the Concierge team and it does inspire us to keep raising our levels of service through innovation and understanding our guests even more.

With the change in legal requirements of registration of imported cosmetics in India, we have currently moved to a local renowned brand. However in a few months once the registration is in order we will move to an international product.

We thank you for choosing Four Seasons as your familiar and preferred hotel during your travels. We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai soon.

Best regards
NY, NY
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Comparing to Hyatt Grand, Sofitel, Trident and Taj Lands End in Mumbai.

To me, the Four Seasons is meant to be the best. I have previously had impressive experiences that shone above others. Mumbai Four Seasons disappointed in this regard.

Again, I'm setting a high standard. Practically, there was nothing wrong with this hotel, but at this level, it's about more than avoiding error.

Hotel and rooms are uninspiring. Typical rooms in which you could wake up in any city in the world...boring. Sofitel most interesting in this comparison.

Facilities were fine but somewhat limited especially with roof bar closed (not informed until attempted to visit...annoying). Spa great, gym and pool good. Hyatt Grands huge facility with many restaurants best in this regard.

Service was uninspired. Few (minor) glitches with room service etc. Thing is, usually any such glitch is addressed promptly and attempts made to redress. In this case, staff didn't seem trained or empowered to quickly resolve issues. Trident is clear winner in this regard.

All in all, unless location requires (which is always critical in Mumbai, especially monsoon season), I'd recommend trying one of the others.

Westin is next one on my list.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Lpdds
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Greetings from four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your recent stay with us. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the spa and pooI, I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize for the glitches you encountered. Four Seasons is known worldwide for providing exceptional services for all our valued guests. Therefore it is indeed concerning for us to have let you down. Please be rest assured that all the feedback provided by you has been shared with the team and required training has been conducted to address the issues.

We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a dinner meeting at Four Seasons couple of days back. We chose to sit at Café Prato & Bar which was very quiet place. They have a huge collection of wines and single malt. The food menu is much selected and can be added further. I tried the Chicken nuggets and bruschettas and the Home made Pasta which was delicious. Service is a bit slow but the Ambience is perfect though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us in July. While I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner experience at cafe Prato, especially our selection of wines & whisky, we have also noted your comments regarding the service and menu, and will convey the same to our team. We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had a one night stay at Four Seasons. The breakfast and dinner was excellent and of a high standard. Being my first time in India, would have to compliment the staff of Four seasons for making everything so smooth and comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chin Meng L
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay with us during your recent one-night visit with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and dining experience and that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you also for your compliments to the hotel team. While this was your first visit to Mumbai we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Four seasons is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. Where else can one get a complimentary cappuccino on the way out for the day? Everything was excellent. The room was as expected for a Four Seasons. My wife had a private yoga session one day. There is a Mall close by if you feel like eating outside of the hotel. Staff was especially helpful throughout our visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your stay with us. I am pleased to learn that you found everything 'excellent' during your visit, especially that the room accommodations were up to your expectations and that you enjoyed our cappuccino. Hearing that we have succeeded in making you feel welcome is what keeps us going and what drives us to do better every day.

We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had a two day business trip to Mumbai. I stayed at the Four Seasons mainly because my clients were at Dadar and they said the hotel was close by. Right from the time I entered the Hotel to checkout, I had a pleasant experience throughout.
The checkout was easy, friendly with a guide to take me to my room - 33rd floor (Gulp!), because in Delhi, houses are usually of three or four floors. The view was nice. The room was superb. It was called a Delux room. Like most things American, the room was really large and spacious. A small store room (I wonder what it is actually called) and a lavish bathroom completed the suite.
Morning breakfast was at the Cafe Prato on the ground floor. Two smiling Associates of the Restaurant, Aakash and Saurabh made the breakfast cheerful and comfortable. While the cold food was laid out in a buffet, everything hot was made and served. Nice.
I wanted to print the boarding pass of my return flight. When I went to the business centre, there was no one there. This happens in any number of hotels. What was different was an electronic signboard which said, 'Pick up the phone to get assistance'. I picked up the nearby phone which connected my directly to the business center associate who came and printed the pass for me. I mention this incident to highlight the thoughtful nature of the management - they provided detailed instructions to get my work done.
What about food? Well, apart from breakfast, I had a dinner at San-Qi, their thai-tandoori and whatever restaurant. The service was good but the food was nothing to write home about. The portions were so small, I had to go to their coffee shop and have a salad before I felt full. Well, there are so many options for food nearby, just take a walk or taxi to the phoenix mall.
All said and done, my experience was excellent. I would like to stay there again and again.

Room Tip: My room did not have a view of the sea. If they have sea view rooms, ask for it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your sharing your positive feedback. I was pleased to learn that you had an 'excellent' experience during your 2-day stay with us in June and particularly enjoyed the the room accommodations and your breakfast experience. We appreciate your recognition of the efforts by the hotel team and especially your experience at the Business Center. Thank you for your compliments as it does inspire us to keep raising our levels of service through innovation and understanding our guests even more.

We have noted your comments about San-Qi and please be assured that your feedback will be shared with our team of Chefs. We hope you will visit us again and do look forwarding to welcoming you back soon.