“Lovely hotel, great food.”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had the pleasure of just one night in the four seasons, Mumbai. I asked to change rooms because of the stale smell of cigarette smoke (I think) but once moved, it was just the job. Had a fabulous dinner in the adjoining restaurant, and breakfast was second to none! Great service all round, nothing too much trouble.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you so much for sharing your constructive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you found our breakfast selection and Pan Asian restaurant San Qi up to your satisfaction. Your comments regarding the smell in the room have been duly noted. Please accept our apologies regarding the quality of housekeeping.
On your next visit in Mumbai, we hope to welcome you back again. Do let me know when you are next at the hotel, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The best part was getting a room with a fabulous view. It was a corner room overlooking the sea on one side and the race course on another on one of the higher floors. Other than that the room decor was average by 5 star standards...nothing exceptional. Decent bathroom with good rain shower. Laundry service was efficient and good. The room got a lot of noise from the overhead bar at night (Aer - the rooftop bar again has a great view specially at dusk)
The restaurant choices are limited. I tried the San Qi multi cuisine. found it overpriced and very average food. The decor is nice. The service could be better and the quality of staff and their commitment was a sore point. They were definitely not upto the mark. It was not a busy night and they were huddled around each other chatting rather than attending to guests.Also for solo travelers often eating alone, some hotels have become innovative where you need not order everything a la carte (and end up wasting a lot of food and money)...just order the main course and it comes accompanied with enough variety in smaller portions to have a great meal without feeling cheated or guilty.
Overall a good experience but not what you would expect of a four seasons property...could have been any average 5 star anywhere

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Further to your recent stay with us; I appreciate your candid comments. I was delighted that you found the views and bathroom, and that you were able to enjoy AER while you were staying with us.
However, I am sorry to hear that your overall experience was unsatisfactory - especially at San Qi is - please accept my apologies for the same and rest assured that the matter has been addressed.
If your travels take you to Mumbai again I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully, meet you.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is my 1st review, ever. I always said it would take an amazing hotel experience for me to write my 1st review. Let me tell you, Four Seasons Mumbai is that experience. I am a Trip Advisor junkie and quite obsessive. I read every review for every hotel I stay at....even if there is 336 of them. Four Seasons exceeded every exception and quite possibly has the most amazing, polite, sweet, endearing staff I have ever encountered. It is the calm in the chaos of Mumbai. The rooms, pool, food, gym, service, everything is above 5 star and I am a snob-to-the-snob when it comes to hotels. I can't fault a thing. Oh, and the Rooftop bar is also incredible and has the best views of Mumbai. Do not stay at any other hotel in Mumbai. I unfortunately had to celebrate my birthday here due to a business trip. The Four Seasons surprised me with a cake, candle and roses. They also sent me a postcard via email. Then my husband called and ordered pistachio macroons, my favorite for my Birthday. The pastry chef had to make them from scratch and they never charged us, saying it was their pleasure. My business partner and I actually changed hotels from the Intercontinental to the Four Seasons mid-business trip since we were here for 12 days and needed to spice things up and we have been in awe ever since. Thank you for such an amazing stay!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you very much for your complimentary comments further to your stay with us and a belated Happy Birthday to you! I am delighted that we managed to help make your birthday a memorable one. Congratulations to your husband for masterminding the surprise! I sincerely appreciate this very special review since it's your first. We thank you for your continued patronage.
We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Impeccable service, very good standard rooms, and good facilities. All the staff were extremely helpful and location is great. I highly recommend this hotel. Everything seems to be very well thought out for guests comfort and convenience. Food at the pan-asian restaurant on the ground floor was absolutely amazing! My only caution is if you are after a traditional India experience then this is probably not the right venue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us in February. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be conveniently located and the services of our staff to be warm and welcoming.
Being your home away from home is very important to us and what we strive to achieve for our guests. I was particularly pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy San Qi whilst you were staying with us.
Wishing you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Staying here was utterly wonderful due to the serene atmosphere and the incredibly intuitive staff (who could not do enough for us!)
The hotel room (wonderfully comfortable bed, huge bath tub, a rain shower) were fabulous as was the huge bathroom, although a city view is far preferable to a sea view. And yes, the location is not ideal but you do feel like you are in the real Mumbai; there is a slum opposite and a taxi ride to Colaba/ the city centre. However this was transcended by the way the staff made your custom valued and they elevated the whole holiday. I was there on as shopping spree and for a wedding. The staff contacted the saree stores to resolve issues on my behalf, chased up orders and (for a small fee) provided us with a saree draper for the wedding.
Breakfast was extensive and they were happy to make most things fresh if requested. I had some unique dietry requirements and they agreed to make a personalised menus (which was delicious!) The in-room dining was delicious and a good value for money (huge portions!) and the restaurant food was excellent!
In the spa, I experienced the best massage ever! It nearly bought me to tears knowing how effective it was- had I really been that stressed? Clearly!
I am going to need many more excuses to got back to Mumbai and can not imagine staying anywhere else! Thank you so much Four Seasons!

Room Tip: City view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us in February, it is very much appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. I was delighted to hear that you found the accommodations comfortable and services of our staff to be warm and welcoming and have enjoyed sharing this with the team.
I was particularly glad to hear that the staff members were able to exceed your expectations and that you were enjoyed our breakfast expereince. I was particularly delighted to hear about your "cathartic" experience at the Spa,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked a twin deluxe sea view room and since there were 3 of us we asked for a further rollaway bed to be provided. This was the first hotel on our travels that not only had the third bed made up already on check in, but ensured that there were 3 of most items in the room- such as dental sets, water bottles and towels. This saved multiple phone calls to the front desk to request these items which set a brilliant first impression for us.

I slept in the rollaway bed and it was perfectly comfortable with a decent mattress. I know my other two companions were very happy with their beds.

When we returned from a day in the city it was the small touches that the house keeping had attended to that impressed us the most- for example, having noted my contact lens case by the bathroom sink, there was a glasses cleaning cloth embroidered with the Four Seasons logo left next to it (which was the perfect touch for me as I had lost my own cloth!).

The concierge service were helpful and informative and provided excellent recommendations for sightseeing and for restaurants and bars. They even went out of their way to procure a padlock for my friend when the lock he was using on his suitcase broke.

And finally as everyone else has mentioned- the Aer bar really is a great way to watch the sunset after a day touring the city. A brilliant selection of drinks, a great atmosphere and a stunning view.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough and would definitely consider staying here again, given the chance.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank an1shr

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent trip to Mumbai. We are delighted that you found the accommodations and service standards exceeded your expectation and that you had a good time at AER.
I was glad to know the our team was able to meet all your requirements, I have enjoyed sharing your encouraging comments with them. Many thanks for the recommendation.
We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very comfortable stay all around. Check-in experience was wonderful. Upon arrival by a local taxi, I was greeted at the door by my name. Many cars were coming and going, how did they know to greet me by name when they opened the car door. Last time I stayed with them was over a year ago. This set the tone for a wonderful stay. The manager took us directly to our room and we did not have to complete check-in formalities at the front desk. This was very nice, especially when arriving from overseas with kids.
The room was well appointed and spacious and bed was very comfortable. The hotel is an oasis of luxury. I would not suggest investing in a room with a view. This being India, visibility is always low due to air pollution.

Room Tip: anything on high floors
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience with us. I am delighted to know that we were able to create a warm welcome for you and that you appreciated the service standards good and accommodations. Your comments about the intimate check in procedure are much appreciated - I have enjoyed sharing it with the team.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Mumbai and hopefully meeting you.