“gracious staff, well maintained facility and well appointed and comfortable rooms.”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very comfortable stay all around. Check-in experience was wonderful. Upon arrival by a local taxi, I was greeted at the door by my name. Many cars were coming and going, how did they know to greet me by name when they opened the car door. Last time I stayed with them was over a year ago. This set the tone for a wonderful stay. The manager took us directly to our room and we did not have to complete check-in formalities at the front desk. This was very nice, especially when arriving from overseas with kids.
The room was well appointed and spacious and bed was very comfortable. The hotel is an oasis of luxury. I would not suggest investing in a room with a view. This being India, visibility is always low due to air pollution.

Room Tip: anything on high floors
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience with us. I am delighted to know that we were able to create a warm welcome for you and that you appreciated the service standards good and accommodations. Your comments about the intimate check in procedure are much appreciated - I have enjoyed sharing it with the team.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Mumbai and hopefully meeting you.

Andrew Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. The service, the rooms and staff are excellent. Highly recommend this hotel.

The breakfast was exceptional, the room facilities are brilliant and the was really spacious. The Spa was very nice and well equipped.

Really enjoyed my stay and will be coming back every time I visit Mumbai.

• Stayed February 2014
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us! I was delighted to to hear that the accommodations and services met your expectations. I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and spa.
Your recommendation is greatly appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai.
On your next visit to Mumbai, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We arrived at the Four Seasons with the inflated expectations that this brand usually fulfills. We were certainly not disappointed. The layout, attention to detail and level of service were all very much 5 star, and we certainly enjoyed our stay here.

The highlight for us was, of course, the Sky Lounge. If nothing else, you must come up here for a drink and soak up the unique buzz that this city has. It is a wonderful set up and we enjoyed a couple of sundowners up here at the end of our trip.

The cost, however, is also very much in the Four Seasons bracket, and it is particularly ponient here because of the striking poverty you encounter in the surrounding streets. We did visit the adjoining slums, and even after travelling all around India, we still found ourselves surprised and mesmerised all over again. The gulf between the "haves" and the "have nots" was magnified all the more when we returned, hot and dusty, to the air conditioned sanctuary of the hotel, and I was advised by the staff that my shorts were inappropriate for the sky bar. So I had to go and put on a pair of trousers before I was allowed to enjoy a cold drink, which cost more than some people earn here in a week. I have no problem with dress codes whatsoever, it was just such a timely reminder that I was back in the privileged world. So, just for the sheer contrast and moral turmoil, I guess this place and its location is to be recommended.

There is a huge shopping mall just around the corner (the Concierge will point you in the right direction). Just so you know, it is a typical "western" style mall with designer outlets and Mcdonalds. It is actually pretty good for shopping at slightly cheaper prices than we are accustomed to, but it is certainly not somewhere you can pick up local goods at local prices from local people.

However, that is pretty much it around here, and if you want to go to the waterfront or Colaba where it all happens, you will have to take a taxi. So, overall a great stay but just make sure you are happy with the location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel, its outlets, facilities and services up to your expectations. In a busy city like Mumbai it is so important, as you stated, to find a home away from home and an oasis in the middle of bustling Mumbai. I am delighted we could create that atmosphere for you.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this Hotel and it didn't disappoint. The staff are extremely attentive, the rooms spacious, the breakfast awesome (go for the Indian options) and the rooftop bar is a must see. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel, especially the rooms, AER and your breakfast experience up to your expectations. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated by all of us.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Dubai
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was not my first time Bombay but i decided to try this place as it was recomended by my Friend, but i shoudl say I was not disappointed . amazing staff and very well located .
if i would I have a sugegstion it woudl be that if an Inhouse guest would leik to go to the bar Aer there shoudl be some priority casue when i visited the place with some friends who came over to meet us , i waited 35 minutes to get a table and then that was given to someone else ans we were told that they were before us. Well it was midnigth so we just decided to go to our room.
Also cannot forget San-Qi restaurant , amazing chinese food plus amazing staff (Thumbs Up)If anyone is arround that area , you shoudl try it .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian_Bim
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for sharing your constructive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you were happy with the service and found the hotel up to your expectations and that you liked the food at San Qi. I am sorry to hear about your experience at AER, please accept our apologies for the same. Do let me know when you are next at the hotel, I will be delighted to personally take care of your experience with us.

tokyo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had airport pickup and the team had ipads to track my flight, that was my first impression. BMW service to hotel in 20 minutes, also great.
Whisked to my room upon arrival (and security check which is now at all fine hotels in India after the Taj incident) where they took my passport copy in the room as well as my credit card details. Lovely view with truffles awating me. A bathroom that is bigger then mine at home, sitting area, desk, just lovely.
The sauna, gym and pool also great. The Hotel is located walking distance to the mall and the concierge was brillant and provided me a little walking bag with sunscreen, extra water, and hand cleaner. WOW. Excellent service!
Great restaurants, a world class view from their bar on the 31st floor and internet connection that never failed.
The only drawback was the loudspeaker nearby announcing prayer five times a day starting at 6 am until 7pm. If your an early riser than you can appreciate it as the singer has a great voice, otherwise you can sleep through it or go back to sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you found the service standards up to your satisfaction and that you found the hotel to be conveniently located to all your requirements.
Your encouraging words about the arrival experience, accommodations, breakfast service and AER are greatly appreciated by all of us at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. However, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the "early wake up call" , hope you were able to get a good night's sleep, nevertheless.
We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is quite excellent and provides the most fantastic support for the older woman travelling on her own. The door staff were worried that I had got into an unauthorised taxi so they chased it for four hundred metres. It is also very very comfortable!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank rosemarygosling
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your comments further to your stay with us.
I am happy to hear that the concierge were able to ensure a safe mode of transport for you. We are please to hear that you had a great overall experience and have found a comfortable haven with us in Mumbai.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I look forward to meeting you.