“If it hadn't been for the Taj....”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“If it hadn't been for the Taj....”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

A great hotel in every sense
The rooms are stunning, the bathtubes with a view glorious
The services are great and the most fun place is not the pool ( tiny and not exactly set in a lush garden) but the jacuzzi, shower, wet, whatever area... Pure fun that makes you playful like a boy: tropical rain shower to cool mist, ice falling from the ceiling, small but nice hamam and jacuzzi for lazy spolied people...laying down

Surprising small breakfast buffet! Yes you can order from an extensive menu but thise breakfast buffers are what we all crave when in such hotels, no?

And as for the location...well, this is not the classiest part of Mumbai but at least there is some ocean view and some slum view... Bombay in your face

Aer is great but bloody overpriced...Go to have dinner at Cafe Zoe... Few minutes by taxi

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for sharing your constructive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that your were able to enjoy our outlets, especially AER, The Spa and the Vitality Lounge during your stay.
Your comments regarding the breakfast have been duly noted.
On your next visit in Mumbai, we hope to welcome you back again.

Andrew Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We recently spent three nights recovering from jet lag at this lovely property. Jet lag is inevitable, why not spend a few days being pampered while acclimatizing to local time.

We were warmly welcomed by the manager and escorted to our room for the check in formalities. No delays here.... The room was very spacious and the bathroom, complete with soaker tub and separate shower area. The water pressure was excellent and the bath amenities were very generous and of good quality. The team who took care of our room was very attentive and we never needed to ask for anything.

We ate in the main restaurant during our stay, mostly opting for the outdoor seating which offered great views which is hard to find in Mumbai. The food was very good and the chefs are very interactive with dinning guest.

This hotel prides itself on its service and it is very attentive, I would like to personally thanks Valencia from concierge, Sandesh , Rashmi from Restaurant, Mugdha and Tanvi from Housekeeping.

Overall we had a great experience at this property. We are seasoned travellers and have been to India before , We would not hesitate to recommend this property to other discerning travellers and I expect that we will return. Thank you Four Seasons Mumbai...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us in December, it is very much appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. I was delighted to hear that you found the services of our staff to be warm and welcoming and have enjoyed sharing this with the team.
I was particularly glad to hear that the staff members were able to exceed your expectations and that you were able to enjoy AER whilst you were staying with us.
Wishing you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Positive: A great stay. Fast Check in. Staff recognize the guests, good food. Large and clean rooms. Friendly atmosphere.

Negative: No free wireless available, creates additional cost.
Poor neighborhood.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel, its outlets, facilities and services up to your expectations. Also, I am pleased to share that starting January 2014, we have introduced complimentary Wi-Fi for our in house guests. Your recommendation is greatly and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Four Seasons was my first stop on a three week India/Malaysia holiday. The rooftop bar (Aer) had long been on my bucket list, so that is what swayed me to book a night here. And I am so glad I did - it was beyond every expectation in a myriad of ways.

To start with, my bag (along with half the rest of my Air Malaysia flight - long story) was left in KL. I spent three hours in the completely disorganised Mumbai International Airport trying to complete ridiculous forms fearing that my bag may take days to find me. On the way to the hotel hubby suggested that if the bag didn't turn up the next day, we should spend another day in Mumbai waiting for it as we didn't think it would ever find me in Goa.

On arrival at the Four Seasons we mentioned the problem and from there it was the most amazingly efficient service getting my bag to me. They contacted their airport rep, told them the problem and the next morning when I woke at 8am, there was a note under my door letting me know the bag was downstairs waiting for me. I was completely gobsmacked at how incredibly professional the Four Seasons was in getting this done for me - I am now a loyal customer for life. I also received a phone call an hour after I arrive at the hotel asking if they could provide anything for me - clothing, sleepwear, etc - speechless!

Okay on to the hotel itself. Upon arrival we were offered an upgrade to a Seaview Room on a high floor (for very little extra) and decided to jump at the option. We were then escorted up to the room and shown all the bells and whistles. The room itself was so beautiful - with a view to die for over the ocean. The room was spacious and quiet and cool and just a joy. And then there was the bed - OMG - the best ever in comfort. I never wanted to get out of it the next morning and for the rest of trip bemoaned having been spoilt so much the first night with such an amazing bed (and if you travel India you will know most Indian hotel beds are pretty hard).

We did find our way to Aer for cocktails and it was as amazing as I had envisioned - watching the sunset over the ocean was perfect. The cocktails were delish and the goats cheese pizza we ordered as nibbles was also great. We didn't really avail ourselves of any of the other restaurants or the pool (I planned to enjoy a swim but my swimming costumer was sitting back in KL).

So it was only one night but will always be memorable for so many reasons - least of which was the amazing service we received. I would have happily stayed the second night had we needed to but Goa and the beach was calling. We travel through India regularly and the Four Seasons will always be my Mumbai hotel from here on in.

Room Tip: A high floor with a sea view is well worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melisa L
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us in December, it is very much appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. We strive to help our guests make everlasting memories while they are with us.
I was delighted to hear that we were able to assist you in claiming your lost luggage and have enjoyed sharing your encouraging comments with the team.
We were particularly pleased to hear that the accommodations and services exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy AER whilst you were staying with us.

London
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Everything you could want from a business hotel. Large, comfortable rooms. Fast wifi. Great food and room service. Comfortable beds. Polite but unintrusive service. Handily located for my clients and my office. Would definitely recommend staying here for a business trip, though not so well located for tourists.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent trip to Mumbai. We are delighted that you found the Wi-Fi, rooms and service standards to be to your expectations.
I really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.

Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

have been to this property a couple of times in the last few years and rooms have been excellent and service has been very good. we always book the deluxe room and it is quite roomy. the location is excellent also. thd rooftop lounge "aer" is a must visit. the spa is wondrful for a big city. I didnt like the restaurant san qi. the food seemed like it would be good, but we never got past thd appetizers, cause it took them an hour to get it and no server came for a main course order. the food in the cafe is ok, but breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: any room facing south mumbai has an awesome view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent trip to Mumbai. We are delighted that you found the service standards, accommodations to be to your expectations and that you had a memorable time at AER and The Spa.
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the service at San Qi, please rest assured that your feedback has been duly noted.
On your next visit to Mumbai, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Being a business hotel, we were over-impressed by the child-friendly nature of the establishment and the lengths they went to in attending to our kids' needs and comfort. Every little detail had been thought about. The kids were welcomed with gifts at check-in, while up in the room two decorated plates of cookies and marshmallows were set on the table along with glasses of orange juice. Yet even more gifts lay waiting by the bed, not to mention diapers, baby soap and a soft toy placed in the crib, a baby basin with rubber duckies in the bath and even a little plastic stool by the sink for our daughter to climb up on! There was even a cartoon kid's towel and a pair of tiny kids size slip-ons.

Housekeeping and room service was slow at times. A request for a knife took ages to be delivered, while getting the bin emptied needed a second reminder call after around 30 minutes. There were a few very minor maintainance issues in the room, but all were attended to and fixed right away. The only issue worth seriously noting was that the hotel did not have a pedestrian entrance. Any guest entering the hotel by foot was expected to walk up the vehicle ramp; not a safe task with small children. This was particularly hazardous at night as there was very minimal or no lighting along the driveway.

Compared to other five star rated hotels in the city, the common areas are considerably small. There's no grand entrance or wide open reception area. Even the pool is small and there are no gardens. Nonetheless the smallness gave a cozy and personal feel.

Their check-in procedure is notable: they don't have one! There's no hanging around the reception filling tedious forms or getting documents checked - the last thing you want after a long flight. Rooms are pre-allocated and you're escorted straight up to your room where your passport/visa details are uploaded with a pen scanner in seconds.

Perhaps we have been a bit too picky as it was the Four Seasons and our expectations were high, but overall a luxurious place that maintained its high standard and would definitly recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing a very detailed and candid review of your experience with us. I am delighted to know that you appreciated the children's amenities and service standards and that you found the hotel's ambience comfortable and cosy. Your comments about the intimate check in procedure are much appreciated - I have enjoyed sharing it with the team.
However, having said that, I am sorry to hear about your experience with housekeeping and your feedback is well noted.
I look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Mumbai and hopefully meeting you.