“Excellency”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Excellency”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A perfect stay for our last night in Mumbai to catch our extremely early flight. Service was amazing, the room was perfect. The only thing I can fault was the Japanese restaurant. Having eaten all week in back street restaurant of Mumbai, Goa and kerala: I didn't expect to be terribly sick after eating sushi at the four seasons. However, no hard feelings!

HIGHS:
* we got offered for a very good price for an upgraded room: amazing view. It was fantastic
* beds are extremely comfortable
* service simply can't get any better! it is perfection
* you have to appreciate the French l'occitane soap, shampoo, body lotion etc... That simply smells heavenly (every little details count!)
* we had to to have breakfast at 2 am to catch our flight: on time and delicious. Again: perfection.

LOWS:
* I got sick after eating at the Japanese restaurant (I had the sushi), I didn't complain: these things happen. But I was extremely surprised to be ill.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pelote1985
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing a very detailed and candid review of your experience with us. I am delighted to know that you appreciated the bed, bathroom amenities and service standards.
However having said that I would like to express my concern for your ill health after dining at San-Qi and your feedback is well noted.
I look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Mumbai.

Andrew Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and two friends stayed there for three nights at the start of a two mini tour of India, and we were highly impressed. A perfect base to discover an exciting but overall hectic city.

I would recommend venturing out to eat, in fact we had one of the best meals in the slum over the road (not for the faint hearted of course).

First class service and immaculate room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent trip to Mumbai. We are delighted that you found the rooms and service standards to be to your expectations.
I hope you had a memorable "mini tour" of India and look forward to welcoming you back.

Delhi
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Has all the ingredients for a business hotel. Great location in Mumbai, close to town and airport. The breakfast could do with some additions but ok for a quick bite. The roomali roti rolls are great for lunch. Rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai and Happy Diwali!

Thank you for your comments further to your stay in September. We are delighted that you enjoyed our rooms and food and beverage offerings, especially the Roomali Roti Rolls. Your comments regarding the breakfast are well noted.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and I look forward to meeting you.

Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is still one of my favourite business hotels. Great staff, good location mid town and some great food. The overall feeling of the hotel is one of calmness which gives you a refuge from the hustle and bustle of Mumbai. Rooms are great - although I wish they gave more bottled water. The food is really good as you expect from a high end restaurant in Mumbai. The is a great bar at the top but it loses some of its appeal when they cover it up for the monsoon season - otherwise its great to stare up at the stars and across Mumbai whilst having a drink. Looking forward to my next trip back there.

Room Tip: The sea view is great but the rooms are little louder
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai and Happy Diwali!
Thank you for sharing your appreciation of our rooms, restaurant and rooftop AER bar and lounge. We would like to inform you that the canopy for monsoon season has now been peeled off and shall remain so until the arrival of the next monsoon. Your feedback on the bottled water has been well noted.
We look forward to welcoming to on your next trip to Mumbai.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Love the property. The rooftop bar is amazing. and the bathroom amenities are way better then most 5 star hotels in Bombay. U also gotta try the food at SanQi. A bit spendy but good food. CLose to the Mall as well makes it convenient if u wanna shop or watch movies

Room Tip: make sure u get the main road facing room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Mumbai and Happy Diwali!
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know about your experience at San-Qi and AER and thank you for the recommendation. Also pleased to know that you liked the amenities in the room.
We hope you do visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hi ,

I wanted to thank the Four seasons Staff for the exquisite hospitality shown by them on the eve of my anniversary. We chose to stay at four seasons on 26- 27 October in room No 1902.

My wife had planned a surprise for me & I cannot stop thanking her for the decision she made. From the moment we entered the room , till we left, everything was a mesmersiing experience. the splendid view, the room service, the decor & the ambience, the AER Lounge experience.

And the most special gift from Four seasons itself, the Surprise Anniversary Cheesecake & the rose petals in the bathtub.

Intelligently planned ... It was discovering Mumbai alltogether in a new way.

Shall look forward towards another visit soon

Room Tip: choose the sea facing rooms abpve 19th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sudipto81
Greetings from Mumbai and a very Happy Diwali!
Thank you very much for your complimentary comments further to your recent stay with us. I am delighted that we managed to help make your anniversary a memorable one. Congratulations to your wife for masterminding the surprise!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Paris, France
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Probably my worst ever four seasons stay. the toilet was not clean. the flush was broken. I had to change my room. I would probably never get back tto the hotel again. There are much better hotes which offer far better value.I hope they will improve after this feedback

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Freddy G
Greetings from Mumbai and a very Happy Diwali!
Thank you for your comments further to your stay with us in October.
I am very sorry that your experience was not what you would expect from a Four Seasons Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that the necessary action has been taken.
on your next visit to Mumbai, please contact me directly as I would like to show you that this is not the norm and give you the Four Seasons experience that you would expect.