“Hotel that bridges North-South Divide”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel impresses the hell out of you when you are picked up at the airport and brought in a BMW-5 or 7 series and the chauffeur offers you the password for Wi-Fi. In the 7 series they even offer you an I-pad to keep you busy with your emails.As you come to the hotel, you are told that for internet you have to shell out 960++ extra! Per day!! Not amusing at all. Otherwise, the hotel is world class in terms of infrastructure and polite service which may not be the best I have seen but the humble and polite approach softens you right away. The weekend brunch at San Qi is a fabulous deal with a choice of 63 dishes prepared for you specially at Rs.2000 +tax and with unlimited wine and liquor at Rs.2600++, an even better deal. Go early to enjoy the full meal. Breakfast is sumptuous and the sitting area outside Cafe Prato very relaxing. The room is big sized and the amenities excellent. I was lucky to get a corner room with a beautiful view of the sea with the blue roofed chawls as a part of the scenery. Generally, there is a divide between the people in North averse to driving to South and vice versa.The hotel is at a central enough location to take care of both sides of town in a decent way and bridged the travel gap between the two communities.

But with the hotel not providing internet services (free wi-fi) least in the lobby- a common practice in other countries, does not deserve 5-stars and so it has lost a star in my rating. For the record, i stayed in Ginger in Nashik over 2 years ago to visit Sula Winery. The rates were special at Rs 1850++ for two including B/F. Before I entered the room, there was a text message welcoming me and giving me the Password for the free wi-fi! that's service- and here it has lost a point as a mark of protest and registering the lack of empathy for a basic facility needed for a hotel of this category.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor, possibly a corner room-the view can be stupendous!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank wineguyindia
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback regarding the hotel and service following your stay with us.
I was very pleased to find that your BMW arrival experience was up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the food and beverage offerings at San Qi and Cafe Prato. I was delighted to know that the room and its features met your expectations. Your comments regarding the internet have been duly noted and further to our next review, this will be changed in 2014.

On your next visit in Mumbai, we hope to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Spent 6 wonderful nights at the Four Seasons and every night never failed to impress. The hotel had many rooms but not a large lobby. Its near Palladium mall which is very convenient to do some shopping or dinner. Stayed in the Deluxe Sea View room which had a very spacious bathroom and walking area outside. It was a corner room on the highest floor so we had the view of the whole of Mumbai. Although, I had expected "Sea View" to have a clear view of the sea, the distance from the sea and the surrounding area did not do justice on the meaning of "sea view". Another downside was that there was a large gap in the shower glass door, so while taking a rain shower, the whole bathroom would literally flood. But because I had never seen such good personal service from the staff, these downsides would not affect my rating of this wonderful place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SabOhara

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Further to your recent stay with us; I appreciate your candid comments. I was delighted that you had six wonderful nights with us, were happy with the service found the location to be convenient to your requirements.
Please accept my apologies for the issue with the shower - the matter has been addressed.
If your travels take you to Mumbai again I hope we look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully meeting you.

Andrew Harrison,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel had several issues we have been regulars there
First and foremost security dog looks very tired And same dog used full time so not good for poor dog plus cannot smell after 3 hours
If I compare you with other 5 star hotel
The gym is a disaster as the instructors are not there and if there they In own world don't look after guests feel they busy with personal sessions with clients or busy personally
Third and final we told the team in morning that we are allergic to gluten and wheat and to make something accordingly for breakfast
We were promised but everyday usual story and felt like we were asking for too much
As far as I know such hotels cater very well for allergic food
We stayed 2 weeks of which last 4 nights we upgraded to suite 3001 but felt no service and not personalized
I rather not pay for such brand and stay in trident where can get similar or better service and pay less

• Stayed: October 2013
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai !
Thank you for your candid feedback and our sincere apologies for the experience you received. The dog handlers are using internationally recognised standards for security dogs which are rotated every hour. There is no excuse for you not having access to a trainer in the gym, we have taken appropriate action to ensure this does not recur. Likewise for the special dietary requirements.
I have contacted you by email and would be pleased to discuss further.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had received the best service in the world at this hotel. Staff make you feel safe and very much "at home".
Althought the location is about 40 min away from downtown, its worth the drive. Rooms are tastefully done with upmarket amenities.
Staff help you with great shopping tips and assist with all reservations! Confirmations are even placed under your door!
It has a beautiful spa too!! The breakfast is of fine quality and all hot meals are ordered from the menu, incl in the price. Hence, your meal hasnt been waiting for you.... it reaches you hot and fresh...
I will def be back soon!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a spa experince here and visit their roof top bar!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us! I was delighted to to hear that the accommodations and concierge services met your expectations. I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and concept, in addition that you were able to enjoy our Spa and the rooftop bar AER.
It was a pleasure sharing your encouraging words with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am writing this from my bed at the Four Seasons, looking out over the sea. We leave in a little over an hour and I can safely say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Our stay at the Four Seasons was for the first two nights of our honeymoon, having been married last Saturday. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay and would definitely return.

Service was brilliant from start to finish. Staff are attentive, polite and very helpful. They did so many extra things for us which has really made our trip special. We returned to a bath filled with water and rose petals on the first evening, as well as a chocolate cake, some beautiful, fresh Orchids and a congratulations card signed by Valencia who works on the concierge desk.

On the second evening we returned to find three chocolates placed on a plate in our room. After a chat later in the evening with Valencia where we told her our onward plans to visit Kerala, she took it upon herself to print out some information about the region for us to take with us. It was caring and king touches like this which really made our trip special and we couldn't thank the hotel enough, especially Valencia who was so kind, listened to what we wanted to do/where we wanted to go and gave us advice accordingly.

The food at the hotel was lovely. We had the paneer Kathi roll and the poolside bar which we would highly recommend and we also had some tapas dishes at the AER bar on the roof. The bar itself is brilliant with excellent views over the city, although these were a little obscured at this time of year as the hotel has had to put a protective sheet round the bar due to the weather. Still, it didn't spoil the experience.

The room we had was very spacious and the bathroom has a bath and large shower with two different showers within it.

Thank you to all the staff at the Four Seasons Mumbai. We will definitely return on our next trip to India. You have made our honeymoon very special.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 32nd floor giving us a great view of the city and sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura_Babs

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us, it is very much appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. I was delighted to hear that our team, especially Valencia exceeded your expectations on this very special occasion, I have enjoyed sharing this with them.
Your comments regarding the facilities, variety of food offered at our outlets and about your experience at AER are greatly appreciated. Making unforgettable memories for our guests very important to us and that is what we strive to achieve everyday.

Wishing you all the best for your future married life together and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Where do I begin!? Four Seasons Mumbai = Amazing! (I actually stayed there August 2012, not October 2012 but couldn't go back) . . . anyway!

1. The security checked all cars coming in and while that surprised me, I liked that there was security there. Picked up by the hotel car and it was very nice.
2. The Building from the outside doesn't look great, but the drive up to the lobby = very beautiful
3. The main lobby itself = gorgeous. Again, security checks but a good thing
4. The folks at FS Mumbai were so very courteous and kind. I had to request for some specific things in my room and they fulfilled!
5. I was celebrating my birthday and they even sent me a cake : )
6. The SPA = THE BEST! Probably the best massage that I have ever had. The masseuse was so, so, so wonderful. I love it!
7. The best part of the room = the bathroom!!! Took a very long bubble bath one night and it was great
8. Location wise, was able to get around Mumbai quite easily (a bit far from the airport). Weather was bad, so couldn't enjoy the rooftop but heard it is beautiful.
9. Dining = pricey for Indian standards but very comparable for Western standards. Food was ok
10. Overall, I would go back to FS Mumbai in a hearbeat!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comprehensive feedback following your stay with us last year.
I am very pleased that you found the arrival experience, the service and the accommodation to your expectations, the team will be very motivated by all your positive comments. Glad that you enjoyed the bathtub and the spa experience and also that you had an enjoyable birthday celebration with us!
We do look forward to welcoming you back and meeting you in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

we were there for a conference and so visited only the conference wing. layout okay, clean washrooms, but they obviously hadnt catered for a larger number of people even though all the members had registered earlier to receive our invites.. with about 200 of us there, there should have been more chairs laid out, more counters for beverage breaks and certainly more than two sets of tables for lunch. the food was cold and tasteless and the service for replenishment was slow. the fried fish was gummy and so hard. the place where they served us lunch was so small and cramped. uncomfortable seeing the long lines. the facilities in the conference hall were okay though but if i had to recommend it for a conference, i wouldnt

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Mumbai!

Further to your stay in September, I appreciate your candid comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue related to your dining experience at the conference.
If your travels take you to Mumbai again, I would like to have the opportunity to meet you. Rest assured you concerns will be addressed.