“Best in Mumbai”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Undoubtedly the best hotel in Mumbai. I have spent tens of nights here and the staff never ceases to amaze me. From sewing a missing button (without being requested) to being more worried about my family's comfort than I was, the staffs at this hotel is second to none. I have stayed some of the best hotels in the world and will say that they compare with the best. It's not so much the rooms or the decor (which is great by the way), its the service. One weekend, I was a bit under the weather. While I was walking to the breakfast area, one of the staff members said hello and realized due to my voice that I had a sore throat. Arrived a toddy with my breakfast ( complementary). Then at lunch, arrived another toddy without asking for it (as I appreciated the one at breakfast). Finally, at dinner, I got another one with cognac....all complimentary and without asking. Once when I stayed for over a month, they cooked food not on the menu for me.....I would tell them a day in advance what I would like for dinner and it would be there!! Awesome hotel, awesome staff...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is excellent in every way. The staff are so well-trained and give such amazing service. They call you by your name from the first minute you walk in the door and never forget your name throughout your stay. I do not know how they achieve that. Four Seasons employees embrace the culture and philosophy of this extraordinary company and perform to such a high standard. If we were taking a taxi out for a tour, they would leap out with a special bag of bottles of water. When we went on another tour, where we would be outdoors, we were handed sunscreen and disinfectant.

The manager of the hotel, Andrew Harrison, met us as our car pulled up at the front of the hotel. He was most welcoming and gave us lots of suggestions of where to go and what to see.

The concierge, Apeksha arranged for us to visit Dharavi "slums" (where Slumdog Millionaire was filmed). After that tour, you will sure change your perception of "slums". The people there work hard from 8 am - 8 pm and are enterprising and extremely industrious. Recycling takes on a whole new meaning that we can certainly learn from in North America (and the rest of the world). Textiles, embroidery, pottery are just some of the things we saw.

In India, one must focus on the positives and not on the negatives. There is very little unemployment, there is always work for everyone.

Sagar (concierge desk) arranged for us to visit an orphanage that Four Seasons helps to support: Vatsalya Foundation. There are 56 children there, ages 6-18. It has to be seen. What a fabulous job they are doing and what lovely children.

We were met at the port on arrival by Preejith. He told us so much about the city and what museums and places we should visit. He truly is an exceptional man and does all airport and port pick-ups. He suggested the Gandhi museum (a must see) and Prince of Wales Museum,w which was also very good.

Jacob Babu, Asst Manager at front office presented us with tea and cookies in the lobby and took us on a tour of the hotel. He is so well-spoken and so interesting. He constantly checked in with us throughout our three day stay to make sure that all was well and gave us ideas and suggestions.

The meals at both restaurants were always excellent. The Asian restaurant offers Indian, Chinese, Thai and one other kind of cuisine. AER (the highest bar in India, I believe) is fun and what a view.

Our room was upgraded to a suite so we thought we had died and gone to heaven with a sensational view of the city. The contrast between the old and the new is something to behold. Indeed there are shanty huts below but also beautiful buildings all around.

I had pre-decided that India would be a one-time visit. After visiting Mumbai, I know I will soon return. This hotel had a lot to do with that decision. The staff ...I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Their attitude and their commitment to excellence is unparalleled, except at other Four Seasons Hotels, where one experiences a similar sense of dedication.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bseagram
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Hotel location is very good in Worli Naka, I took the Sea link to reach the hotel which was a breeze in 30 mins to reach from the airport in the off peak hour. The hotel is in a nice business area which is a good location in worli. The rooms are nice and it is a new property. Food was good.

Room Tip: Do not take the road facing rooms quite a busy road, you will have lot of noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms are exactly as you would expect from other 4 Seasons, but somehow not quite as plush as say the 4 Seasons in Hong Kong. There are only two restaurants, fortunately they are great as is the roof bar. Some of the reviews have commented on the costs, from my perspective it was excellent value. I used the spa which was superb, unfortunately the pool is tiny and there is netting above the whole area which is a little odd.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hospitality - Excellent, It' a Four Seasons after all ! Location - Close to phoenix mills mall - great restaurants, shopping and entertainment options. The hotel rooftop bar and lounge is quite popular. Rooms are nice/luxurious but overlook a slum area but I guess u gotta live with that. All jn all a good choice

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vacations056
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Rooms were amazing - got upgraded to a beautiful suite
Lobby a bit small for the four seasons but still a nice entrance
breakfast selection was unbelievable - try the banana infused waffles
AER bar has a great atmosphere - you have to check it out
Too many people queuing up for the bar can make it seem a bit crowded

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was a bad idea to start my trip to India at the Four Seasons because it was all downhill from there in terms of hotel accommodation.

The two biggest upsides to the stay here was the exceptional service and the incredible room. We were three people so I had a roll-away bed. It was without a doubt one of the most comfortable beds I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. The roll-away. It was actually just as comfortable as the room bed.

We called room service a lot - always very courteous and professional. Same with the front desk. The rooftop club was amazing. They had great cocktails.

The food was very hit or miss. Definitely stay away from the Indian food - lots of westernized BS - and do not order the omelet. For Room Service the french toast was excellent as was this ravioli dish. The restaurants in the hotel leave a lot to be desired especially for the price. I would recommend going out to eat whenever possible.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends