Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
$62
  • Breakfast included
$243
2,153 results
All reviewsrooftop baraer barsan qisea viewtop floorsea linkexcellent hotelin room diningroom servicebusiness hotelluxury hotelnariman pointsouth mumbaibusiness tripexcellent stayrooms are spaciouscoffee shop
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you have never been to Mumbai, it is a crush of humanity with people everywhere. It is very busy, chaotic, and overwhelming. I have never been to a city like it, and I thought I have been to some interesting cities.

The Four Seasons hotel in Mumbai was a gem just outside of the heart of Mumbai. I stayed here two nights and wish I could have stayed more nights. I booked through AMEX platinum and was treated to an executive room upgrade and a 60 minute massage.

Everything about this hotel is memorable, from the spa and the breakfast. It is worth it just to sit on the rooftop bar and watch the sunset and the city skyline light up all around you. The rooms are very nice, bed was incredibly soft and comfortable, and the decor in the lobby was magnificent. However, the item I will remember most is the helpfulness of the concierges. There was one lady who went way out of her way to help me plan a 4 hour quick trip of the city, arrange a taxi driver, and seemed to genuinely care about my stay. Everybody at this hotel went out of their way to help you and made an average person like me feel like a prince.

It is about 20 - 60 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic. It is about 10 - 60 minutes from Gateway to India depending on traffic. I use the ranges as those were the lengths I was in the car for, and in the hotels defense, I opted to leave Gateway to India at rush hour which was a mistake. For a business traveler, which I sort of was, the hotel is perfect. The facilities are great, wifi was strong in the room, and there are several conference centers.

I can't say much about the immediate surrounding area, other than I met a friend in Mumbai at the Phoenix Mall nearby (5 minute walk) and it was a neat place. It is under the Shangri-La hotel. There is a Hard Rock Cafe about 3km from the hotel, but the streets are mobbed with people. If you want to walk, you will not be dodging livestock like in Delhi or Agra, just a ton of traffic and people. I always felt safe outside the hotel, it is just hard getting used to so many people.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in December and loved it. We arranged a pick-up from the airport which I would advise; it was so smooth and saved any hassle. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the Duty Manager who took us straight to our room as it was 2am, and checked us in there. Breakfast was a little slow in the morning but nothing worth making a big deal about. The hotel arranged for us to take a fixed fee cab around town which was super this was instead of the hotel car which was very expensive. We dined in the Asian restaurant one night and loved it. The Duty Manager reserved a table for us at Aer one night and we really enjoyed that, the drinks are great and the service is the usual FS. One the second night it was a little more difficult to get a table but this was quickly sorted out. They appear to reserve the black sofas the VIP's, but as it was not busy they let us sit here. The room was very comfortable with all the usual FS toiletries. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Mumbai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here just for a night. Felt bad that I did not get to see more and enjoy the amenities of this spectacular hotel, especially considering the decor, architecture and the views.

The rooms are just too good. One of the best hotels I have stayed in. The swimming pool on the top floor is well placed as you can avoid most of the harsh Indian sun.

We had a party, so cannot vouch for the restaurants or the service too much.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I´ve stayed there for one week with a quite large group of colleagues and everything was simply excellent. The staff was providing a great service and support, solving quickly and efficiently any request we give. Rooms were large, very comfortable and well equipped. Fitness center is very well equipped, nice jacuzzi and steam bath, wonderful SPA center. Breakfast buffet is having a good choice. Make sure to spend some time in the evening at the AER lounge on the roof: great view of the city and a very nice ambience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I needed to be into Mumbai and out the next day early morning towards Karjat and hence wanted a hotel in Navi Mumbai. The other two important thing was easy access to closeby food joints/shopping district.. AND... GOOD internet connection for my work.

The hotel is ideally located, next to several shopping centers. The hypermall is in the adjacent building and another three or four malls in the walking vicinity.

Coming in from Delhi, freezing at 3degrees @ 11AM in the day, to 30 degrees of Mumbai humid day was somewhat of a relief.

However, this relief turned into disbelief, when the room temparature hovered at around 28 (inspite of setting to 20 something)... Giving the device the benefit of doubt waited for another 3-4 hours, and finally let out to the Frontdesk. In came promptly, a housekeeping guy, who didn't know what it was he wanted to do. Engineering were called. The gentleman kept taking instructions over the phone on whats to be done.
After about an hour of watching, the session on 'how-to-fix-AC-while-guest-continues-to-sweat', I decided to speak to the front-desk manager. Explained to him, how a chicken feels in a tandoor, and wanted some immediate relief.
To the credit of the staff, I was promptly given keys of an alternate room. Reluctantly, I gathered my stuff and paraded, to the new room.
Glad I did, they had upgraded me to a suite. This was nice, and it did strike a chord - they WERE sensitive to customer problems, and were willing to walk the extra mile.

Thereafter, the stay was pleasant, the LAN cable was broken in the suite... needed replacement, which was promptly provided.

Room service was nice, and were kind to accomodate serving food well after kitchen closing time.

The hotel - in general was clean, modern, elegant and apt for its star rating. The staff were courteous AND were sensitive to guest issues...

Nice job !!

Room Tip: Check, if the ACs is working, before you go in :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business