Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
$99
$98
$47
Agoda.com
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$48
The Resort(Mumbai)
$113
$87
2,123 results
All reviewsrooftop baraer barsan qisea viewtop floorsea linkexcellent hotelin room diningroom servicebusiness hotelluxury hotelnariman pointsouth mumbaibusiness tripexcellent stayrooms are spaciouscoffee shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The location of the Four Seasons Hotel leaves a lot to be desired - however that is common in Mumbai and we never felt unsafe in the streets around the hotel despite their appearance. Located in the Worli/Lower Parel area it is close to one of the best malls - Phoenix - which has a good selection of high end and high street shops and bars and restaurants. The hotel has security checks of vehicles at the front gate and individual airport/club style checks at the front door.

Its easy to hail taxis from outside the hotel or ask the door staff to send one up from the street (avoid the over priced man to the right of the entrance) and insist on them using the meter. Most locations from Juhu beach to the north (via the Sea Link add R55 for the toll) to Gateway of India are less than 30 minutes taxi. A taxi to the Taj Palace/Gateway of India was around R200 (non AC).

The hotel itself is a typical business hotel with large rooms, good views and expensive dining options! The rooms are very comfortable with large beds, huge LCD tvs (although limited channel selection for the price of the rooms) and large double sink bathrooms with bath, shower cubicle and separate toilet. The AC works well and is not too noisy. There is also a dehumidifier provided although that does throw out a lot of heat! The one main downside was the very expensive WiFi at around R900 for 24 hours - in this day and age and in the technology hub of the World I would expect free WiFi at least free for 1 hour a day. Public area WiFi is available again at an extortionate rate of R550 per hour! We found out on our last day that you can use the business centre internet PCs on the 5th floor for free for 30 minutes (with free itenerary printing).

The checkin and concierge staff were very knowledgeable and very friendly and helpful.

The roof top bar looks amazing in the pictures but not so great in real life although it does have good views and if you go at happy hour you can get a reasonably priced (half price) drink and enjoy the sunset and views (of the beach, marine drive and the massive slums inbetween). When we went the music was chill out house and not too loud. We also got a table straight away on the main sea facing side of the building. Like all Mumbai venues it closes at 01:30.

The hotel also has a good spa facility with an outdoor (cold) swimming pool. The changing rooms include steam room, vitality spa and "experience" hot and cold showers. All of those are free to guests. Additionally they have all the treatments you would expect such as massage and facials etc at cost.

One nice point was that they noticed it was my birthday from my passport and left a cake in my room and offered me a complimentary treatment (a very nice detox back massage!). On Diwali they also left sweets in the rooms. It's touches such as these that make these types of hotel stand out as going that extra step to look after their guests.

If I were to return (not likely unless on business) I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel to others. We booked through Expedia as they offered the best deal at the time offering 3rd night free plus 10% off working out at £120 per night.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at the four seasons for four nights whilst conducting business in Mumbai.
Some of the sites when driving from the airport are a bit miserable but the Four Seasons is a haven.
booking in is fast and friendly, the rooms are very well presented, large bedroom with plasma tv and a great bed.
The bathrooms are lovely and spacious.
The view from the hotel on to the neighbourhood is not pretty, but very interesting.

There is a great bar on the roof where snacks are also available.
The pool area is peacefull and relaxing.
There is a spa and gym on the premises.

Breakfast is a friendly relaxed affair and the food be it hot or cold is good ( I suggest you sit outside)
I ate dinner in the adjoining restaurant, it offers a choice of Indian, Japanese, or Chinese food, all very nice.

What really makes the hotel is the staff, they really do make you feel very special and are very helpfull, even going as far as explaining the local taxi meters.
The hotel is not cheap, but you do get what you pay for in the form of service and security.

I would suggest hiring one of the hotel cars with a driver should you want to be shown around in style.

Well Done Guys !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Top-class luxury hotel with extremely careful service. Staff is always smiling, ready to help and efficient. We had a superb and large suite with 2 rooms, 1 bathroom (bath + shower) and 2 toilets, which was great for our family (we stayed there with our 3 young children). Incredible views over Mumbai. Hotel is extra-clean. Buffet breakfast with everything you can imagine including Indian dosa pancake (but no scrambled eggs or omelette: you probably have to ask). Nice swimming-pool (though water is a bit cold) with bar&snack service. Magnificent open-air bar on top (34th floor). Hotel is quite well located, half-way between airport and city-center. Almost perfect stay!
What could have been better? Even for such a luxury hotel, price is not cheap (about 300 euros per night for our suite incl. breakfast). In addition, even if it was very clear from our first email contacts before booking, we could not have a 3rd extra-bed or even a mattress on the floor for our 3rd little one (our youngest kid is 3-year-old): we were not betrayed in any way by the hotel since they had warned us from the beginning, but it is a little bit disappointing that in such a hotel we had to bring our own extra mattress (I have to acknowledge, though, that the hotel accepted this situation as an exception for us). Last but not least, on 1 day, the cleaning staff did not make up the "bed" (extra mattress) of our youngest kid and even folded it away and lost his teddy bear (but a phone call to the reception on the evening and the teddy bear was found back and brought to us in 15 minutes!).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

While booking hotels for my first whirlwind trip to India, this hotels roof top patio / lounge caught my eye. Originally we were planning on staying at the Taj Palace or the Trident, however after seeing pictures of the lounge on the roof we decided that the Four Seasons was the place.

Arrival and check in was a breeze, the Front Desk and Concierge staff are amazing. Helpful, efficient (a commodity in India as I found), full of great advice on the sights around Mumbai.

Our first stop was into the main dining area for lunch. While a little on the expensive side (to be expected, this is the Four Seasons after all), the food was great.

Next the rooms, we had booked 3 separate rooms for two nights, two King and one double twin. The rooms were very nice, clean an well appointed (as to be expected when you are spending neigh on $300 CAD/night). While nothing to sniff at, the level of comfort seemed to fall short of the price tag attached.

One thing of note here: Wi-Fi is NOT INCLUDED! I mean really? In today's day and age this seems like GREED - shame on you!

As I mentioned the main reason for selecting this hotel over the many other prolific / iconic choices in Mumbai was this roof top lounge. First you must know that there is a dress code... Apparently for men only though. You must wear pants (holy crap! It was 32 degrees and 95% humidity! Ok I'll play). Once you take the manned elevator to the top floor and ascend a flight of stairs you are immediately assaulted by an imposing wall of Top 40 / POP music effectively drowning out the incessant chatter of the local Mumbai upper class youth. The views are impressive, an the layout is unlike anywhere I have been in the world. Understandably this place is popular an I was pleasantly surprised that there were some (many) tables available. We had just seated ourselves when a waiter immediately appeared and we were informed that we could not sit at any of the tables and we were welcome to wait at the bar for a table. We approached the crowded bar area and were able to catch the bartenders attention to order a few bottles of local Tuborg. We had three beers each while standing at the bar, the tables sat empty the entire time. Finally we asked for the bill, giving up on the table idea and frustrated with the ever increasing volume level. This was the most stunning point of the evening, an not in a positive way! 800INR for each bottle of local Tuborg! That works out to $16.50CAD per bottle! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! Not to say that I have not spent that much in a bottle of beer before, the key difference is that is is delivered by a 1/2 naked nursing student that sits on my lap and helps me drink it!

I digress....

Both nights that we stayed at the Four Seasons we attempted to sit and enjoy the roof top, both times we were turned away from empty tables.

To sum it up....

I will be returning to Mumbai, I will NOT be staying at the Four Seasons. In my opinion there are far better choices in Mumbai for this level of Hotel. I feel mis-lead and taken advantage of.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank SteveDahl
FSMumbai, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and we will pass on your compliments to the Front Desk, Concierge and F&B team.

Company-wide we are reviewing our policy on wi-fi and in the coming months you will see a change in this policy.

At AER, reservations are on a first come first serve basis with an exception made for our Club members only. Our dress code is akin to the dress code of a formal luxury bar and is customised for the audience that patronise AER. For more information on the dress code please visit http://www.fourseasons.com/mumbai/dining/lounges/aer/. Should there be a situation that a guest is not aware of the dress code our team is always ready to help with alternatives in case a guest is unaware/unable to adhere to it.

The music selection varies through the evening to cater to the guest flow. We start with ambient/soft music through sunset, move on to high energy lounge and close with a few commercial hits. However, our resident DJ would be happy to accommodate your requests at anytime during the evening.

To clarify, we do not serve Tuborg at the bar however an international beer selection with the local applicable taxes would amount to a similar price in any five star hotel in this city.

We apologise that you weren't able to fully experience AER but would request you to provide us another opportunity to be able to do so. Please reach out to Francis D'mello, AER Manager on francis.d'mello@fourseasons.com who will be personally assist you during your next visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I guess I went there for a conference so I am not a guest exactly the funny thing I noticed was that toilets were more spacious than the conference room staff appeared stand off ish, I loved the flowers and the jug at the foyer , also the snacks of almonds n raisins during conference

Room Tip: Don't travel in n around at Mumbai peak hours
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business