“Terrible serviced hotel”

The Peninsula Grand Hotel
Ranked #131 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Terrible serviced hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is worst serviced hotel I ever stayed. I booked two room in this hotel one for me and another for my Italian client and it was an embarrassment for me. the behavior of reception staffs were so rude and room were were stinking. I got my room made by 10 pm next day after 5 calls. they claim to be 4 star hotel and they charge much more than that but faciltiy there is like 2 star hotel. it was completely waste of money staying this hotel

Room Tip: I would not suggest anyone to stay this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank akky_20
Peninsulagrand, Front Office Manager at The Peninsula Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

The concerned department is briefed regarding the issues you have shared and ensure you that it we would be taken care and make your future stay comfortable.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was in Mumbai for a weekend, and selected this hotel via the Internet. I wasnt sure what was i getting myself into, as you can never be sure over the internet. But I was pleasantly surprised when I reached there. Good property, Spacious rooms, Good Service and Excellent food. Location is also close to the airport, so is a big plus. I got more than what I expected. The staff was courteous and helpful. TV wasnt working when I got there, but got fixed in a few hours. Also, there were some extra charges added to the bill, which were removed after I asked. That is the reason I am not giving it all the 5 stars. A pleasant experience otherwise.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to note that your experience at Peninsula Grand Hotel, Mumbai was spectacular!

At Peninsula Grand Hotel, we believe in delivering quality service, which enables us in creating moments of happiness for our guests.

My team and I look forward to assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Thanks & Regards
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Looks lovely from the outside but doesn't live upto expectations in the rooms. The bathroom could have been cleaner, e.g.area around sink had rings where glasses or cups had been left. The toilet flush button kept falling off the wall. The towels, while they were clean were grey and well worn. It all looked uncared for.
The room was quite large but drab, not a place I would want to spend alot of time. The bed was comfortable and linen nice and clean. Horrible view from large bedroom window as right next to the hotel is a development of dwellings with corrugated roofs with all kinds of rubbish strewn on the top.
The cafe/restaurant was very nice with decent food and pleasant staff.
Lobby staff were plentiful and helpful.

Room Tip: Probably the higher the better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

My team and I thank you for appreciating our staffs and looking forward to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

delhi
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a hotel which is clean (yet you could smell the naphthalene balls / liquid), the room sizes are decent in the base category and in the middle of the hectic city. Its an alternative when all the big hotels are full and you still wish to stay close to the centre in a good hotel. The service, as could be expected is average and nothing special. The service is rather 3 star because staff takes it longer to deliver your baggage or dont go out of the room until you tip them (even though they are late). The smell in general inside the hotel is not something you would expect in a good hotel. The door lock of my room was broken as if someone was evacuated in emergency and they have not replaced it yet! And yes, unlike most of the big hotels, they ask you to pay for the room in advance and not at check-out.
Yet, it has a stunning view of the busy city from the big 10 meter long glass wall..
Not to be chosen unless you want to just go and sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a big glass wall with a view of the city (5th + floor)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

All the concerned departments are briefed regarding the problems shared by you and ensure you that if given a chance we would try our best to make your stay comfortable. As a procedure we collect the room charges payment on check-in from all the guests.

My team and I look forward to your return and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, Good location and Prompt Service. I had stayed for more than five time during my business visits to Mumbai. Reservation booking process is very smooth and check-in is fairly quick. The spread of the breakfast takes care of almost most of the types from health conscious to Connoisseurs. The restaurant of first floor is a must visit with a very good team of captains and Chef. The Chef's are always looking froward to customize the food for your taste and liking. Had tried few really delicious items during Gujarathi food festivals. Overall a great experience and Value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid roadside rooms, sometimes it is very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Peninsulagrand, Public Relations Manager at The Peninsula Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Peninsula Grand !!!

This letter comes as a gesture of our appreciation how much you mean to us and that we are glad to have you and your near & dear ones patronize at HOTEL PENINSULA GRAND.

Your business is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to exceed your expectations and we will also request your continued patronage and suggestions which are a vital part of our growth and we are most grateful.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in all your business and personal endeavors.

Shilpika Shetty
Business Development Manager
Hotel Peninsula Grand
Kuwait
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A good hotel once you get into the property. However the road leading to this hotel and the vicinity around it is not upto standards. Rooms are good and the in room dining is good but it leaves a big hole in your pocket and it is extremely exorbitantly priced. The reception staff is very friendly, the other lobby staff look like bouncers in a night club. The stares that they give you especially if you are accompanied by a female is quite cheap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BANGALORE
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stay here regularly during visits to Mumbai, and this is definitely a hotel to rely on and get your bookings done without any second thoughts... the location is good, the hotels provides the comfort that you would get at a place paying may be twice the cost... the food is also quite decent... the breakfast buffet is definitely not the best thing in this place but i wouldnt mind that...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business