“Great Location and efficient Airport Transfer service”

The Peninsula Grand Hotel
Ranked #119 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The hotel transfer service offered by the Peninsula Grand hotel is fantastic. Both times on arrival in Mumbai we were met by the driver. The service was part of the room rate and is reliable and well organised.

We were allowed to check-in early (08:30) and again were upgraded to a suite. Also, because were were leaving at 02:00am the next morning we were invited to have breakfast immediately after check-in. These guys are great.

We stayed at the hotel on two occasions, both time were upraded to a Suite. The room allocated on our second visit needed a serious upgrade of the bath.

Another area that could be improved is to speed up the check-in/out service, Seems to take quite a long time to get the procedures completed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel is overpriced for what it is. The loby was full of Mosquitos. Although it look clean when u first went in underneath it was not. The rooms were a good size but the bathroom taps were loose n the hair dryer sounded like it was going to take off! The beds n side units were poorly made. The room service was slow n the waiters just kept coming back for room Clarence even though i did not request it.....wanting tips!! The menu for room service was priced differently to what was put on the bill n I had no choice but to accept it. The walls are very thin n I was woken in the middle of the night by guests next door having a discussion at 3:00am in the morning. Wifi is chargeable... I have stayed in many hotels n it was the first time I had been charged for bed linen that I had been accused of damaging!! When I questioned it I was offered to take the sheets with me.....the cost of the linen was the same cost as the hire of the room. Ludicrous....nightmare hotel don't do it!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Heerd
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Good clean hotel , nice spread of breakfast . good restaurant . rooms are big and clean . they also offer complimentary airport transfer . airport is around 15 min from hotel . service is also good. overall value for money .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Uday27
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayd in the Peninsula Grand on 1st of Feb 2012, and it turned to be my worst stay in Mumbai yet. I usually stay in a different hotel which was fully booked at the time and I had been suggested to this one for its price value, which turned out to be a mistake. That is not to say it's all terrible, there are good points to be mentioned too.

Pro:
- the location close to the airport is good for a business stay
- the rooms are well equipped, big TV, good bathroom amenities, 2 foc water bottles etc.
- reasonable room rate

Con:
- average cleanliness
- at 2:20am they started a staff party including DJ, screaming crowd and all manner of noise. At 4:30 after several complaints they changed my room which solved the problem but left me with little sleep. Talking to my room neighbour revealed it was the second night in a row. The manager promised several times to turn the music down and eventually ended with saying the owner of the hotel was the host and that's why nothing could be done. I have no idea if that is true but either way sleeping in the place was impossible
- unfriendly and narrow eyed staff during check out in the morning (possibly hung over from the party?)
- internet connection wasn't working properly and was extra charge on top. Even after I told the reception that the connection didn't work I was asked to pay the extra. After a sleepless night I decided the 250Rs weren't worth fight.

Now how do you rate a hotel that has some sweet advantages for the price but entirely fails on the basics? Well, I went there to sleep and recover for the next day. I certainly wasn't recovered and I didn't get much sleep. So it'll have to be a poor rating on this one. If you don't mind the noise or care to join the party it might still be good value for money....not one for me in any case.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Seibert_m
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Though in close proximity to the international airport, it is not in a nice neighborhood.

It wasn't a very good experience at the reception. We wanted a room away from the traffic noise but were told that all the rooms were road facing the road. When we went upstairs, we found that there was a row of rooms away from the traffic! We felt cheated.

The room also was too small fro three persons. We were promised a Superior Room by the travel website, but were not given one.

Shower was excellent. Plumbing inside the bathroom was good.

At the restaurant, though the staff was eager to help, it was not properly rent. It took them for ever to get a glass of wine. Wine was not listed on the Bar Menu. Eventually we cancelled the order.

Breakfast was great in the morning. Excellent South Indian fare..

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kalki007
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Room tariff on weekend is the biggest advantage, myself stayed there twice since last few months and really enjoyed. Surroundings of the hotel is too noisy and polluted with traffic, but thats andheri for you. One of the room was having issue with the aircon. But the mechanics fixed it within no time. Food was great. They've got a lot of variety in breakfast and dinner buffet. Chef and stewards at the buffet was really attentive. Those who wish to check-in early in the morning has to wait even though if you inform them in advance. Overall you will love beign there in peninsula.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are better
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have been travelling to Mumbai 3/4 times a month and every time I like to stay in this Hotel because of Nice,comfortable atmosphere and Good food served.You can go for early morning walk in the hotel compound without any hassle. I would recommend this hotel to all to take full advantage of their money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business