We had stayed at The Retreat for 2 nights during Diwali 2012 (I am writing this review quite late). Overall it is a very good resort with huge campus, big swimming pool (with a separate pool for kids), nice & clean rooms, and direct entry to the beach. Nice location in Mumbai, yet away from the busy and crowded streets.
Good points :
1. Clean swimming pool, with separate kids pool, which has a slide, which kids really enjoy
2. Nice indoor play area for kids, toddlers room
3. Good room service, clean rooms and toilet
4. Pool and beach view directly from rooms.
1. Check- in process was quite slow. There were only 2 people handling front desk, and due to peak season, guest had to wait for check-in.
2. Considering this to be a 5 star resort, spread for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner was quite less.
3. I found the food to be bland, not made to Indian taste.
4. The entry to the beach has fisherman's boats kept there, hence too much dry fish smell comes near the gate which opens to the beach. However, once you are on the beach, it is clean and usually not very crowded.
Overall it's a good location for a short weekend break for Mumbaikars. Expensive, however they do have good deal sometimes in off-peak season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Retreat Hotel & Convention Centre you are ready for the action even before you unpack. Because no other holiday destination rejuvenates you so completely. It’s fun and entertainment all the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Retreat Hotel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel The Retreat Mumbai