“Great hotel for a pleasant stay”

Hotel Oriental Aster
Ranked #79 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great hotel for a pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as I had come here from Cochin for a family function with my wife. Its near to the airport and with very good hotel for stay. The rooms are neat and very comfortable the staff is very friendly especially the manager Mr. Stanley was very helpful throughout my stay. The package breakfast is good and the prices also very reasonable. Overall a good experience! Recommended on your visit to Mumbai.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ratish_sm
StanleyFerns, Manager at Hotel Oriental Aster, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Mr Ratish,

Warm Greetings from The Hotel Oriental Aster..!!

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for posting your generous feedback.
We are all delighted to note that your overall experience at Oriental Aster, Mumbai was comfortable and that the services rendered by my our team were to your satisfaction.

Your recognition makes us feel proud and motivates us to achieve higher standards of excellence.

We value your association with us and look forward to your continued patronage.

Warm Regards,
Stanley Fernandes,
Operational Manager.
The Oriental Aster.
Email: manager@theorientalaster.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pune, India
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here for two days.
Ok type hotel with respect to price. Buffet breakfast was average.
Near to Airport. 45 minutes from Juhu beach.
Had Hyderabadi biryani once was good.
Overall ok type, Good if price around 2.0k.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YogeshwarVhatkar
StanleyFerns, Manager at Hotel Oriental Aster, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Mr Yogesh,

Greetings from Oriental Aster..!!

We would like to thank you Firstly for choosing Oriental aster as your stay during your trip to Mumbai. Thank you for your compliments on location of the Hotel.

We are concerned to hear that you found our Breakfast service not up to the mark.
We will look into the same as to what changes can be made from our side.

I look forward in personally welcoming you on your next visit to Mumbai.

Best regards

Stanley Fernandes
Operations Manager.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Good:
- Seemed clean enough
- Rooms had modern amenities
- Price is reasonable
- Free airport transfer

Bad:
- Staff is not paid enough, constantly hanging around and hinting at tips. Very unprofessional and annoying. I typically do not tip for just doing your damn job.
- Bed was too small. I'm 5' 10" and my feet are sticking off the end.
- Ate some masala paste grilled fish. Really tasty. Had bad diarrhea the next day, still there 2 days later. I skipped lunch that day, so I don't think it was anything else.
- Related to the point above, flush was broken in the toilet.

Okay:
- Breakfast was pretty pedestrian, dining hall in a basement and cafeteria style. Food was okay, nothing great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JacobSingh
StanleyFerns, Manager at Hotel Oriental Aster, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Mr Jacob,

Greeting from Oriental Aster..!!

We thank you for sparing your time and writing us a review on TripAdvisor. At the outset, please accept our sincerest apology, for your recent experience with us.

As you mentioned that you were not satisfied with your room size, we would like to recommend you to upgrade to the premium or luxury room which is a bigger room option then the classic room which you stayed in.

We at the Oriental Residency group of hotels take our guest feedback very seriously and will take all the appropriate measures to address the problem that you brought to our notice.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Please allow me again to express my sincerest apologies and feel free to personally contact me on any issues.

Kind regards,
Stanley Fernandes - Operational Manager
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had been to the Oriental aster restaurant yesterday for business meetings with my clients ... The place truly makes you feel comfortable the taste is too good and one must ask for the chef specials.... Chef Pulin ensures you have a smile on your face with the first bite of the chef special dish....
The place is worth every penny for its quality of food, taste, ambience, hospitality, and truly awesome people...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KD_Spiritsoul
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

As a female business woman travelling to Mumbai for the first time I was somewhat concerned about where to stay. I emailed the hotel before I left Australia and (Stanley) was very re-assuring. I provided my arrival details via email and although the flight landed at least 30mins late, there was a lovely Hotel Security man waiting for me who quickly telephoned the driver to bring the car around from the parking lot. The staff are friendly, helpful, honest and have a great sense of humour, English and would ensure I was looked after at all times. They negotiated taxi prices on my behalf; sent a security man to walk with me to the ATM (only about 50mtrs away); helped explain the menu; delivered free newspaper every day; lots bottled water, etc, etc. Nothing was too much trouble . I visited a top end Hotel one day and could not believe the difference in treatment and prices...The Oriental Astor's restaurant prices are amazingly cheap and the Indian food the best (and I mean THE BEST) I have ever enjoyed. The A/C was excellent. Note: No Spa, Hairdressers or Pool so if you want these facilities you'll need to stay at Top End Hotel and enjoy paying at lease 5 x cost for cup of tea up. I did go to some 5 star Hotels for drinks/coffee/spa treatments and found them very 'nice' but somewhat sterile and the price I paid for a cup of tea & juice would be the equivalent to a 2 course meal at the O/Aster - and not taste as nice as their tea or coffee! Yes I would stay here again - without hesitation and I am a 'precious princess' when it comes to my hotels!

Room Tip: Select Luxury room for additional space, if you are staying over a week - I did and was very please...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Possum3
Mangalore, India
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's a nice place to stay in Andheri near the airport
Was there for a business trip
They provide complimentary airport drop and pick-up which is a good facility.
The hotel is pretty close to the airport.
The rooms are average size bt really nice, neat and clean
Breakfast is good too, so all in all I will recommend a stay here. It's a good value for money.
highly recommended , will deff visit again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Tiskabyas
StanleyFerns, Manager at Hotel Oriental Aster, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings From The Oriental Aster…!!

Thank you for your short and sweet write up on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you liked our Hotels location as it is situated at a very short distance from both Airports (Intl & Dom) and found the hotel good value for money.

Our priority is always you, our guests and we are glad to note that we were able to ensure you had a comfortable stay with us

Thank you once more and we look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Kind regards.

Stanley Fernandes
Operational Manager.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed April 12, 2014

u have to see it to believe it. simply a very good hotel with brilliant service.Good food and a very convenient location. MIHIR PILLAI is a very helpful and supportive manager. he has been of immense help and has provided us excellent guidance.Thank u all.

Room Tip: all d rooms r good over there.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family