“Excellent hotel, close to the airport”
Review of Hotel Silver Inn

Hotel Silver Inn
Ranked #120 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent hotel, close to the airport”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were 2 women on our 4th & 5th trips to India and a 13 yo girl on her 1st trip. We loved the Hotel Silver Inn! For $78 a night, it was a great place to crash on our first night in India.

We stayed on the fifth floor.

Pros: very clean
Comfy beds
Elevator
Lovely shower with very clean, hot water
Shampoo and soap, hair dryer
TV and coffee maker
VERY quiet! (for India)
Included breakfast with typical Indian offerings: corn flakes, toast, cut fruit (we didn't eat), idli, vada, sambar, hard boiled eggs, chai or coffee and an option for 3 types of omelette (we didn't try these)
10 min. from international airport
Pleasant helpful staff
They arranged a car for us which arrived right on time, price as quoted.
Free in-room WiFi

Cons:
None, really, if you've been to India before. Expect things to happen on India time.
The idli and vada were not very hot, but everything else was
Bottled water was 68 Rs. The more expensive the hotel, the more the bottled water.
WiFi had a fast connection, but constantly timed out after 10 min or so, and we had to re-log in. Also only one device could connect at a time

I would heartily recommend this for someone who has either been to India before or who is adventurous and willing to experience India, especially arriving in country or leaving, as it is so near the airport. One of the best hotels I've stayed in (and I've stayed in $8-300 hotels)

Have the address ready to explain to the taxi driver.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank SandwichinWi
Jaykumar I, General Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Guest:

Greetings from Hotel Silver Inn,

On behalf of our hotel staff & management , I am writing to let you know how delighted we were
to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Warmest Regards,

Jaykumar Iyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 19, 2012

excellent place to stay ,rooms are clean enough and view from the rooms are quite good.staff is decent ,only problem is this check in and check out time is 12pm.we stayed there for 1 and half day ,so we checked in at 10 am in the morning our package included breakfast ,so we directly went for the breakfast at 10 am , and we where checking out at the next day 4 pm and we paid for the two days,but they charged for the 1st day breakfast as the check in and check out time is 12 pm and second day breakfast that was included is wasted and we have to pay the charge for the breakfast.staff is quite helping ,another important thing you will not get a brekfast after 10 am and lunch after 3:30 pm all restaurent services will be closed and only snacks will be available after that time, overall good value for your money in terms of comfort

Room Tip: choose gold room if you are a couple.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank firdos k
Jaykumar I, General Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at Hotel Silver Inn Mumbai.

Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Been to over 5-6 different budget hotels in Mumbai over the past 1 year. This seems to be the best bet overall. Good rooms, good service, good food, complimentary wi-fi and decent rates. The connectivity is also good with good access to ATMs and travel options.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank AThirupathy

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Spent a week here and found it very comfortable. Staff were friendly and food was reasonable. Compared to other Indian hotels that are slightly more upmarket (my only other experience) it actually fared quite well. Yes, the breakfast is limited if you are not a fan of curry for breakfast. Rooms were well presented. Lots of ignorable details- like the plaster casting/cement holding the lobby marble in place/ slightly dirty cup in room, and why do they think that Indian Nescafe is a good cup of Coffee?
Did not have an issue with wifi- though a travel companion did. I was doing heavy picture uploading as well.
Marol is a completely typical Mumbai area and the inside of the hotel is a bit of a refuge! However I had a lovely couple of evenings just wandering up the road (away from the fire-station) just seeing the changes in the shops, doing a bit of shopping/ people watching. Felt very safe here.

Room Tip: The front/ back of the hotel re noise issue raised in other reviews is irrelevant- both sides are as...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank c c
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Please do not allow this experience to otherwise mar the favorable impression of the hotel. We are in process of renovating and refreshing all our facilities so that our guests can get the benefit of new technology and state of art equipments.

We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to the construction noise.

I look forward to inviting you back to the hotel once our renovation is complete, to experience the refreshed product.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any assistance from me.

bangalore
Reviewed January 21, 2012

stayed for a night as part of my search to find the best business hotel for the right price in and around andheri and chose this also because it was close to our mumbai office. the room is really good and spacious for mumbai. the breakfast is not exactly great. the wi-fi is not that fast also. one issue have though is that the hotel said they cannot provide be airport drop included in my package as they only have one vehilcle which had gone to drop someone and had to wait till that returns which found strange from a hotel of this size

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jxpd
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

We take all feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Nashik, India
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for business, located food, internet, overall

Food : this is being budget hotel food is not so fancy. but there are plenty options outside.

Room : room were small and enough for 1 big size person to move around. toilet tabs were leaking and bedsheet was not clean.

location: close to airport.

Property is old and management does not bother you renew. Overall this is a business hotel for 1-2 day. and only for quick nap.

Room Tip: Please find a good restaurant nearby before checking in, as food might disappoint you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank ddmagar
Dear Guest,

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at Silver Inn, Mumbai, India between the dates of December 16th and 18th, 2011. I have checked in to the hotel around 1AM. Check-in process was fast and easy. First thing the bellboy entered to the room, he started the ceiling fan and the AC. This was when I realized a bunch hair (woman's, refer to pic) flying around on the floor along with other unwanted little objects. After getting rid of them, which kept reappearing during my stay (probably coming from underneath bed), I jumped in the shower, however there was no hot water. Shower cabin floor is the same as the rest of the bath, which was very slippery. Escaped falling at least a couple times. Quality of shampoo and the rest was poor.
Finally when I got ready to go to bed, I realized several more shorter hair on the sheets. There were 4 pillows, 2 of which were extremely old (refer to pic) that it was not possible to get support for my head. Plus, they ALL stank of scalp skin. I had to pick the least stinky ones and use my deodorant to camouflage the bad odor. The only thing that was good about the room was the lcd tv with good reception and foreign movie channels.

As true for all the hotels in the airport area, it is very noisy in the morning because of the traffic. However Silver Inn's windows helped quite a lot to successfully transfer the noise inside the room for the sake of better feel of the city atmosphere.

I have to mention that the locker was already locked when i got to the room, so didn't get to use that at all.

Both nights of my stay, there were some type of celebration at the hotel, which probably explains no-hot-water issue. There were constant speaking noise. Doors are quite thin. Second night there was party held on my floor with banging loud music!! I was literally shaking from the bass while watching tv (!) on my bed. Plus, bunch of youngsters running around, shouting loudly, yelling etc. I had to run to the reception and complain firmly to the receptionist, then they made the volume turned down a bit, closed party room's door. BUT of course that did not stop the partiers speaking loudly and yelling on the hallways. I had to ask the people, several times, to keep it down. Very very little success on that, however I was quite furious and angry by the end of it which was around midnight. I didn't catch ANY sleep before my 5:20AM flight back home. The cab I requested to go to the airport never showed up, so they have arranged me their own car, and didn't charge me probably because earlier complaining for the noise etc. The receptionist accompanied me to the car as well.

I have to mention that the restaurant does much better job than the hotel itself. It has it's own name, so maybe the management is separate from the hotel. Anyhow, staff was very helpful, food was tasting good and it was fast service.

Verdict: Silver Inn is positioned right in between low quality hotels ±$50 and the $90+. Don't be fooled by the pics like I did. Do not risk it! Pay $10-$15 more and stay comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: If you still insist on staying at this hotel (!), pick a room at the end of the hallway, as far as p...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank EfeGYildirim
FOM2508, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2016

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for taking time out to write a pleasant feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. However we would like you to stay with us again to serve you better.

Best regards,