Hotel Silver Inn
  • Breakfast included
T24 Residency(Mumbai)
The Leela Mumbai(Mumbai)
  • Pool
All reviewsinternational airportbusiness hotelfree wifiandheri areacomfortable staybusiness tripdecent placenice hotelfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Been to over 5-6 different budget hotels in Mumbai over the past 1 year. This seems to be the best bet overall. Good rooms, good service, good food, complimentary wi-fi and decent rates. The connectivity is also good with good access to ATMs and travel options.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank AThirupathy
Jaykumar I, General Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at Hotel Silver Inn Mumbai.

Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Spent a week here and found it very comfortable. Staff were friendly and food was reasonable. Compared to other Indian hotels that are slightly more upmarket (my only other experience) it actually fared quite well. Yes, the breakfast is limited if you are not a fan of curry for breakfast. Rooms were well presented. Lots of ignorable details- like the plaster casting/cement holding the lobby marble in place/ slightly dirty cup in room, and why do they think that Indian Nescafe is a good cup of Coffee?
Did not have an issue with wifi- though a travel companion did. I was doing heavy picture uploading as well.
Marol is a completely typical Mumbai area and the inside of the hotel is a bit of a refuge! However I had a lovely couple of evenings just wandering up the road (away from the fire-station) just seeing the changes in the shops, doing a bit of shopping/ people watching. Felt very safe here.

Room Tip: The front/ back of the hotel re noise issue raised in other reviews is irrelevant- both sides are as noisy as each other- friend had a room at back of hotel, and I was on street front.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank c c

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Please do not allow this experience to otherwise mar the favorable impression of the hotel. We are in process of renovating and refreshing all our facilities so that our guests can get the benefit of new technology and state of art equipments.

We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to the construction noise.

I look forward to inviting you back to the hotel once our renovation is complete, to experience the refreshed product.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any assistance from me.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

stayed for a night as part of my search to find the best business hotel for the right price in and around andheri and chose this also because it was close to our mumbai office. the room is really good and spacious for mumbai. the breakfast is not exactly great. the wi-fi is not that fast also. one issue have though is that the hotel said they cannot provide be airport drop included in my package as they only have one vehilcle which had gone to drop someone and had to wait till that returns which found strange from a hotel of this size

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank jxpd

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

We take all feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for business, located food, internet, overall

Food : this is being budget hotel food is not so fancy. but there are plenty options outside.

Room : room were small and enough for 1 big size person to move around. toilet tabs were leaking and bedsheet was not clean.

location: close to airport.

Property is old and management does not bother you renew. Overall this is a business hotel for 1-2 day. and only for quick nap.

Room Tip: Please find a good restaurant nearby before checking in, as food might disappoint you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ddmagar

Dear Guest,

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at Silver Inn, Mumbai, India between the dates of December 16th and 18th, 2011. I have checked in to the hotel around 1AM. Check-in process was fast and easy. First thing the bellboy entered to the room, he started the ceiling fan and the AC. This was when I realized a bunch hair (woman's, refer to pic) flying around on the floor along with other unwanted little objects. After getting rid of them, which kept reappearing during my stay (probably coming from underneath bed), I jumped in the shower, however there was no hot water. Shower cabin floor is the same as the rest of the bath, which was very slippery. Escaped falling at least a couple times. Quality of shampoo and the rest was poor.
Finally when I got ready to go to bed, I realized several more shorter hair on the sheets. There were 4 pillows, 2 of which were extremely old (refer to pic) that it was not possible to get support for my head. Plus, they ALL stank of scalp skin. I had to pick the least stinky ones and use my deodorant to camouflage the bad odor. The only thing that was good about the room was the lcd tv with good reception and foreign movie channels.

As true for all the hotels in the airport area, it is very noisy in the morning because of the traffic. However Silver Inn's windows helped quite a lot to successfully transfer the noise inside the room for the sake of better feel of the city atmosphere.

I have to mention that the locker was already locked when i got to the room, so didn't get to use that at all.

Both nights of my stay, there were some type of celebration at the hotel, which probably explains no-hot-water issue. There were constant speaking noise. Doors are quite thin. Second night there was party held on my floor with banging loud music!! I was literally shaking from the bass while watching tv (!) on my bed. Plus, bunch of youngsters running around, shouting loudly, yelling etc. I had to run to the reception and complain firmly to the receptionist, then they made the volume turned down a bit, closed party room's door. BUT of course that did not stop the partiers speaking loudly and yelling on the hallways. I had to ask the people, several times, to keep it down. Very very little success on that, however I was quite furious and angry by the end of it which was around midnight. I didn't catch ANY sleep before my 5:20AM flight back home. The cab I requested to go to the airport never showed up, so they have arranged me their own car, and didn't charge me probably because earlier complaining for the noise etc. The receptionist accompanied me to the car as well.

I have to mention that the restaurant does much better job than the hotel itself. It has it's own name, so maybe the management is separate from the hotel. Anyhow, staff was very helpful, food was tasting good and it was fast service.

Verdict: Silver Inn is positioned right in between low quality hotels ±$50 and the $90+. Don't be fooled by the pics like I did. Do not risk it! Pay $10-$15 more and stay comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: If you still insist on staying at this hotel (!), pick a room at the end of the hallway, as far as possible from the elevator. Otherwise, you can easily join the conversation with the people waiting for the elevator. And make sure that there is no parties or weeding etc happening at the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank EfeGYildirim
FOM2508, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for taking time out to write a pleasant feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. However we would like you to stay with us again to serve you better.

Best regards,