“Bombay's Best Kept Secret”

Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel
Ranked #25 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Le Sutra is an absolute must if you are coming to Bombay and especially if you are staying in Bandra. The concept of individualized rooms is genius. My room was absolutely gorgeous, quiet, and comfortable. It was the perfect space after two days of flying. The staff was gracious, courteous, and always ready to answer questions, help me hail an auto, or get my bags. With so many hotels in Bombay, it is easy for places like Le Sutra to get overlooked in favor of some of the big names. However, you can get all of the pampering and luxury of the resort style hotels for a fraction of the price, with better service, and much more personality.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Le Sutra , Mumbai and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through Tripadvisor.

Your generous praise of our service and especially our team members is very rewarding.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been staying with Le Sutra for over 4 years now and have used both their hotel and apartments. The hotel rooms are based on philosophy, myth, art form, and history which lends a very unique vibe to the hotel.
In recent past, I have used their apartments which are basically a 3 bedroom apartment converted into rooms. All rooms comes with a main door and room key .The rooms and bathrooms are small but cozy and fitted with all amenities like a blow dryer, mini refrigerator. Room service is also available. Buffet Breakfast (Eggs to order, South Indian, bread basket)is available in their restaurant inside the hotel amongst others. The staff is extremely courteous but a little slow.

Fab location - Olive, Nido and Big Nasty (fine dining restaurants and bars) are few steps away.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank noobietraveler
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you had wonderful experience and that you enjoyed your stay as we were sold out for the hotel hence we had given a apartment for your stay .

Reviewed May 25, 2014

It is one of the most amazing b&b...this is my 2nd time staying here, stayed in the Suddhi room, We stayed on Thursday and had a gr8 time at Olives and the food street at Union park is lovely, tasty food, had an amazing breakfast at Out of the blue..only minus we experienced is the Ac stopped working for a good 2 hrs....we could have called the reception and informed but due to our negligence had to sweat in the room.

Special Mention to the most energetic Anjali at the reception.
Always smiling and helping :)

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time to share your generous feedback through TripAdvisor .

We are happy to receive your feedback and to note that your experience at Le Sutra “ Worlds First Indian Art Hotel” Mumbai was enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay with us.except of an incidence shared for which request you to accept my apologies ,

The team is our strength and your generous praise will inspire them to scale greater heights of excellence.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The small room killed it for me. While the location is great from a perspective of night life, it might not be the best location to get in and out of if you are a business travel who is often in a hurry. The art concept is interesting but its not at a level that it can be differeniated only on that. Breakfast is absolutely superb and thats what made me rate is very good and not average.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GM_LeSutra, Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Dear DevNewDelhi,

Greetings from Le Sutra!

On behalf of the Le Sutra Hotel team & myself, I would just like to take the chance to thank you for choosing us!

I trust you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

16 Apr 2013 A TripAdvisor Member
When I arrived in the morning alone in Mumbai and had booked a hotel for the next 2 nights, this hotel was my salvation. I had so counted in Colaba spend a whole lot of money for a hotel. reception is excellent(if i remember think it was ms.anjali) ,wam welcome & smile,The room was clean and tidy, the bed comfortable, a well-functioning TV ,nice paintings,house keeping was done twice a day.

Room Tip: side rooms are bight
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear vpoonaca

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I Stayed here for 2 days; was a great experience staying here. Rooms are artistically done and super tidy, cleaned twice a day. It was on-set of summer when I checked in and rooms had delicious mangoes to welcome the guests. From the paintings in the room to the messages engraved in the mirror of the washroom, all created it a very positive place to stay.
Interesting set of books which was very well complimenting with the concept of the room, very thoughtfully done place.
Staff was good and welcoming and always ready to help.
Looking forward to stay again there :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Abhitraveller610,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed for 2 days and looking forward to staying here again! The staff are top rate and Anjali on reception is so helpful and always smiling. On my arrival the room A/C was not working but a quick call to Anjali on reception soon had the maintenance man solving the issue.

The room was bright and very tastefully decorated, and the hotel is situated in a great location too.

Thank you all again and hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: I didn't use the swimming pool or Spa so cannot comment at this time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank chrisco280
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014