Tripadvisor
Mumbai
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews grant road budget hotel chowpatty beach kum kum rooftop cafe top floor mumbai central no lift clean hotel hot water rooms are small walking distance air conditioner deluxe room chai marine drive room service
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in single bed.. Good for solo travellers.. cleanliness and hygiene is maintained.. location is on main road and lot of taxis easily available..food was decent. Nice to be on rooftop terrace during night. Over all its worth the money paid..Nice experience.

Trip type: Traveled solo
HotelKumkum, Front Office Manager at Hotel Kumkum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a very detailed review!

I am pleased to know that the hotel location is convenient for the purpose of your stay and the staff are consistent in providing excellent customer service. I strive hard to provide our entire guest the service they deserve and I am glad that is recognized. I look forward to Welcome you back again in near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel Kumkum has everything, any traveler would ask for. Here is my checklist that got fulfilled:

1. Perfect location for sightseeing
2. Apart from relying on OLA, the local taxi stand is right at its door. The taxi drivers are extremely helpful and also act as your guide.
3. They have in-house restaurant, however if are looking for more option, 'Modern Lunch Home; is right across the street and the food there is heavenly..
4. The rooms are not very huge, but its sufficient for families who just want a budget room with all basic amenities (AC, hotwater, TV, helpdesk, travel assistance).
5. Friendly staff and they always wear a smile.
6. Your room will be cleaned daily, just leave your keys at the reception on your way out.

I had been there with my family for 2 nights and I highly recommend Kumkum. If ever I visit Mumbai again, this will be my default choice of stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my 2nd visit. Came for Mumbai Marathon. Location is ideal, since reaching the start point & coming back from the finish point is very convenient. Food is very good & staff is very helpful.....

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2020

1. Hotel is located in Central Mumbai.
2. Room was clean & maintained well.
3. Receptionist attitude was okay. They were helpful. But, reluctant to guide properly.
4. Cleanliness of the restroom was very good.
5. Towels were washed very well.
6. Room boys were rude.
7. The food served at the restaurant was good.
8. We stated there for 3 nights. Rooms were cleaned every day & bedlinen was changed every day.
9. Kettle was not there in room.
10. No mineral water in the room. Filtered water was served in a flask.
11. No Lift.
12. Overall, value for money.

Room tip: Room was clean
Date of stay: December 2019
HotelKumkum, Front Office Manager at Hotel Kumkum, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Sir,

Thank You for the positive review. Secondly we take this into consideration and have a word with our staff about the rude behavior( which we do not actually follow).

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Good location between main station and Grant Road, nice clean rooms with fan and air conditioning. Friendly helpful staff. No lift but hotel is on first and second floor of building. No hot water. Small veg only (does eggs) restaurant on site

Date of stay: December 2019