“juhu beach location hotel”
Review of Citizen Hotel

Citizen Hotel
Ranked #117 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is an average hotel, with direct location on the beach whih makes hotel room loaded with fresh air. This is a good advantage to hotel.
Apart from that the room and breakfast need improvement.
I had visited in august 2013.

Room Tip: Good for fresh air
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hi , I am a regular traveller to Mumbai , This time i wanted to try a good hotel which should be economical and should be good and near the beach . I got to know about Citizen Hotel . I checked the reviews and they were some good and some bad . I then visited citizen and found the location to be perfect for the beach lovers .

The Staff there is very helpful every staff person i:e from security Guard to duty manager offer there best services . As i am a North Indian i some time face problem to get a pure north indian touch in south but the Citizen was the right choice .

I would like to thank you to the Manager / Front office staff who allowed us the early checkin which was really very early at 06:00 AM and a late checkout . As i was with my family and it was perfect .

The Sea view restaurant of the Hotel is excellent you can enjoy your meal with sea view . The restaurant is small but not that small . Its divided in two parts one part is A/c which thy have bar and the another is open from sea side to get natural air .

The rooms are clean and well maintained although the furniture is old style but that is avoidable if we keep the location in mind .

The pickup and drop to the hotel was complimentary . Altogether we have got what we paid for .

Cheers and keep it up :)

Dates i visited were Checkin 17th August 2013 and checkout 18th August 2013

Room Tip: Beach Hotel Mumbai , Juhu Beach hotel , Sea View Hotel Mumbai
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gaurav J
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a decent hotel with reasonable room tariff. Staff is friendly and make efforts to make you feel comfortable. But many a times you have to ask for what you are entitled for. They don't give it to you by themselves. I have stayed thrice in past 2 months for periods varying from 1 to 3 days. The overall experience is very good and the atmosphere in the hotel is great.
Suggestions :
They should offer free internet in rooms, even after paying Rs 300 approx. you don't get proper intenet in rooms.
The food and drinks are very expensive and the prices keep going up as you can make out by new price strips stuck on the menus in rooms.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have a separate shower, meaningwhen you take a shower the whole toilet gets wet...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank captdkarya
Reviewed July 12, 2013

3rd Time in Mumbai, India, I spent a week at the Citizen Hotel in Mumbai Juhu. The hotel is managed professionally. Stylishly decorated, friendly staff and good service, this hotel in particular stand out. The views of the Indian Ocean awesome. Completely satisfied, I returned to Switzerland, once again, a richer experience. The rooms tend to be slightly bigger, but that has not really bothered me.
Also this hotel I would recommend to anyone with a smaller budget, highly recommend. Thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jitendra1
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I Called the reception of Citizen from another Hotel (Juhu Residency) where we were Staying with my friends and requested the reception to book a room and mentioned that I would stay only for 5 Hr as per my friend's flight Schedule.So They told me the Charge would be 7300 and then I booked their hotel @ 3600 from their Own website and check in around 6 Pm, The Rooms were very Small with Bad Smell. The AC were fully chilled with a 15-16 Degree and No option to Regulate the same. I tried a lot to fix it with in 24-26 Degree but it was not working.Its was so Terrible when we wanted to check out around 1 Am Night,And we did not found the Key Card and requested the lobby Manager Mr Nikhil Surya Rao, That We will deposit some money for the key and if we will find same in our packed luggage's we will back the same in morning, But He was such a frustrating guy with harassment intention for the customers he did not allow us to do so almost 1/2 hr, After that requested a lot and some other reception guy helped us by depositing Rs 300 we check out from the hotel, next day morning we found that simple key from our another friend;s purse and returned same got back deposit.I would request Mr Nikhil not behave customer like this for. I did not asked you for your Complimentary Pick Up and Drop Facilities which almost Cost you 600Minimum (2 Side) and Breakfast (300 Minmum), So you save Rs 900 Min from my booking but you Harassed me a lot for that Simple Card Which has a facilities to Invalid the access to any rooms by a single punch on your system and worth not more than Rs 50.
Thanking You

Room Tip: All the Rooms with this type of Service given by Surya Rao is not Acceptable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sanat P
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went here with my wife and some other friends on 11th and 12th of May, 2013. The hotel was really good. I had an amazing time..it made my wife and I realize that you really don't have to travel far and wide to enjoy an nice relaxing stay. The room service was really good and prompt. The morning breakfast buffet was scrumptious and hotel staff on my request even kept a plate of food aside for my friends who were fast asleep in the room. I will keep going repeatedly to this place. Another really good thing was the mini fridge in the room.
Just that I wish that the hotel had a swimming pool.

Room Tip: - Ask for Deluxe Rooms they face the sea. - Executive rooms have a part look of the sea. - Bath Tu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We arrived in Mumbai and needed a place to stay. They ran our credit card and claimed "declined". Mind you, this is 1:30 am in the morning. They were not going to let us stay and wanted us to take a taxi. After putting all of our cash down as a deposit..they let us stay. I am not sure how this is a 3 star hotel. In the states it would be maybe a 2 star hotel. The continental breakfast is small and they watch your every move. Finally....before we were held captive because we didn't have the cash and they kept saying "declined" .... a lady ran the credit card and it went thru. The sea... outside the hotel is BROWN. No way you can sleep in it. The view is horrible. It's not worth $84.... $50 or even $25 usd. And of course.... being India...there is no place to complain.

Room Tip: Do not ever ever book a room here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple