“GEM of JUHU - Fabulous is the Word”

Hotel Bawa Continental
Ranked #75 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Ahmedabad, India
“GEM of JUHU - Fabulous is the Word”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Hi All,

I am sure, if you would have stayed here, you would agree to my review. For those who havent been to this place, please book it immediately if you are planning to visit Mumbai.

4 Star Given by me is because its not a 05 Star. But please note the below points

1. Awesome Fragrance - The moment you enter the hotel, you feel as if you have come to a Small Boutique Hotel of europe, its very cute and elegant.

2. Very Good Rooms - Space is not that big, however, the price which they take is competitive, and the room is big enough considering the size. Neat Room, Neat Bathroom, Good Space. Very Comfortable Bed, a CUTE Room, no one would ever feel that they repented to book this room.

3. Breakfast - Very Nice Breakfast. I loved their Breakfast. Next time, i will be expecting more varieties.

4. Staff - Awesome Staff, there is a Steward namely AKASH in Restaurant, you will love talking to him, very professional and friendly person and he will instruct you about the city, and will try to clear the doubts. Very nice staff except for a Front Desk Guy namely "Mr. Jagdish", very egoistic and smile-less person. Though he didn't tell us anything or there were no dispute, but i found his approach very egoistic, and unwelcoming. I would'nt expect such guys with a such a high ego on Front Desk. Anyways, it is okay, but i would be happy if guy on front desk is smiling and welcoming.

As such, the price what we paid, corresponding to that, i couldnt recognize any drawbacks.

I will surely book your hotel, Only This Hotel during my next Trip to BOMBAY.. !!

Room Tip: Only TIP i can give is - Book Bawa Continental or Bawa Suites (Khar), and you will never regret. Awe...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shashank-Hundia
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Bawa Continental, Juhu and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive the detailed positive feedback regarding our services, breakfast including the facilities of the hotel. It is further very encouraging and motivating that you have recommended our hotels (Bawa Continental & Bawa Suites) on this prestigious channel which will surely help all our future guests in picking the correct hotel while booking online.

We are glad that that our services exceed your expectations and we look forward in welcoming you back soon. We have also shared your review with our entire team including Akash who is part of our hardworking F&B team.

We are also pleased to inform you that have recently launched our Loyalty Reward program, we request you to kindly log on to our hotel official website and sign up for the same.

It is our endeavour to ensure that your loyalty pays whenever you choose to stay at Hotel Bawa Continental again.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Stay here on a business trip for 4 days and was extremely surprised with the location of the hotel including its hospitality.right next to juhu beach and yes though few reviews here mentioned rooms are small but I didn't find it correct. U need to pick the right type of room for your stay and if in doubt walk into the hotel and pick the correct room after viewing it as I did. I booked Economy room but upon check in I was convinced to take a look at the Executive room which not only fit into my require my but my budget too. Nice food and at right price n tasty in rains no need to walk out. Kudos to the friendly team. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback regarding our services including the facilities of the hotel. It is further very encouraging and motivating that you have recommended the correct way forward in picking the right room type during a stay. As rightly said the Economy room is of 100sq ft which can comfortably accommodate a single traveller, however the Executive, Thematic & Super Deluxe rooms are designed to the comfort of every traveller's requirement. However, we do recommend you to stay in the Super Deluxe Suite where there is no compromise in the space.

We are glad that our services exceed your expectations and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

i stayed there for 4 days starting from 21 July and here's my experience. 1) The reception and the hotel staff is very helpful. Room service or house keeping instantly reaches your door if you need them. 2) Rooms were well kept,except it was a little bit small. I travelled from abroad, so I need to repack certain things and you know what, when 2 average sized suitcase where opened up to do the necessary transfer of items between one bag to the other, there was no place at all to walk around freely to collect the other odd bits and ends to put in the bag. I think in my experience, of all the hotels that I've stayed, rooms over here was the smallest. Now, this is not a complaint, nor a negative review, since it's manageable, but got to pinpoint that the rooms were small. 3) There was a strong stench of cigaratte smoke in the room when I first entered. They solved the problem instantly by providing a kind of air purifier. But, the next day, they took the purifier back and the smell appeared again. I've to call room service and they brought in the device again. The next day, again the purifier disappeared and the stench came back again. By now, thankfully it was time for check out. 4) Breakfast spread was good. I went only for fruits for all the 4 days, but the spread was commendable where my 10 year old gorged on the sausages. 5) Price of food on the menu was just too high. Some prices didn't make sense. 6) This point is beyond the hotel's influence, but still, I've to state - try not to venture out in the night with your family since some scantily clad girls will be seen hanging on the Juhu Tara Road and the kids might ask an embarassing question. I saw them around half a kilometer away from the hotel entrance. As pointed out earlier, it's not the hotel's fault, but just a piece of advice for families. 7) I would've rated this hotel as Very Good, but when I look at the price to facilities ration, I'm forced to choose 'Average'.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback regarding our services including the facilities of the hotel. We sincerely apologize for the cigarette smell in your room which caused discomfort during your stay. Please be rest assured that we have initiated corrective measure to rectify the same.

At the same we appreciate your feedback regarding an area of concern which is beyond the hotel's control however this will certainly help all other future travellers staying in this area.

It is further encouraging to learn that your child enjoyed the breakfast spread and our services met up to your expectations. We highly recommend that you book the Super Deluxe Suite for your next visit at Bawa Continental which is an ideal room for a family stay and we assure you that this room will not let you down in terms of the size and space.

We hope you will give us a chance to showcase our hospitality once again in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had very bad experience staying in this Hotel. My flight landed at around 9 am and I reached the Hotel by 10 am. They told me to wait at the reception as none of the rooms were available. In the package free WiFi was mentioned and since I was on an official trip I was in need of internet access, for which they told me that I can only get access once I get a room. Finally after waiting for 2 hours they gave me a room which was very small to be honest the carpet area was around 7 ft / 8 ft where in there was a bed and a study table with a chair & a TV with an attached washroom, hardly any space to move around. They had a split AC installed in the room and the water was dripping all over the study table and the TV. The walls were wet due to some leakage and the paint was peeling off on the floor and on my luggage, it smelled really bad. The WiFi had minimum range in the room because of which I had to keep the doors of the room open while working on my laptop, sitting just outside the room. I would request all the travelers that never ever book any room in Bawa Continental Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please allow us to explain in detail your concerns with regards to the delays in the check-in & the size of the room;

* The standard check in/out time of the hotel is 12 noon which is clearly updated on all our booking channels, therefore we regret that you arrived at the hotel at 9am and had to wait for your check in. For all early check in guests, we recommend that the room is booked 1 day prior to arrival (at additional cost) to secure the room for a smooth early check in.

* As for the room size, based on your booking we allot you a room as per your booking confirmation as Economy room, this room is of 100 sq ft which is recommended only for a single person stay. This information is also clearly published onto all our booking channels. We generally do not recommend this room to our esteemed guests as it is meant for budget travellers only.

We have also noted your feedback regarding the poor WIFI connectivity as well as the AC condensation concern in your room during your stay, please be rest assured that we have initiated necessary corrective measures to rectify the said. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Surat, India
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a very bad experience stayin at the hotel. My guests were not allowed in the room. There was a lot of water at the gate of the hotel making people difficult to even get in. We had to walk in the water to go in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

We understand there had been excessive water logging due to the monsoon downpour that caused a lot of inconvenience to you during your stay with us. We sincerely apologise for the discomfort caused to you and your visiting guests.

We regret that your experience did not match up to your expectations and we trust you will appreciate that this does not in any way reflect our usual service levels and hope you will give us a chance to showcase the quality of our hotel and regain your confidence. Please contact us at eavikram@bawagroup.in if in case you are planning for your future visit and we will ensure that your stay is handled with extreme care.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 15, 2014

It's a average kind of hotel near juhu chopati. Stayed for 3 days for a business meeting. Rooms were very small, however it was clean and staff was quite decent. I don't know if it is Mumbai problem that it has space constraints issues, but still I found the hotel was constructed under very limited space. I would not suggest for your honeymoon or friend's group trip. 4K per day charge is not that cheap that you would get such a small room where there is no space even to stand anywhere else then your bed :)

The only plus point is - it has Starbucks @ ground floor :)

All around mirrors so it seems big :D nice technique to confuse guests ;) Breakfast Buffet was average & menu price was too way expensive, nothing to order in snacks items :)

Room Tip: if you are taking suite room or the bigger one would be better that is is too way expensive. Will go...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize that you experienced our rooms to be too small. We being a 3 star boutique hotel in Juhu, have a range of different categories of rooms for you to choose from depending upon the purpose of your visit. We have the Theme Rooms as well as the Super Deluxe Suites, these rooms are generally recommended for long staying and honeymooners.

As for the pricing, we have also kept the pricing of the hotel based on the location, demand as well as matching up with other hotels in the surroundings of the same category.

We regret that your experience did not match up to your expectations in terms of the breakfast selection and Food menu as well. Please be rest assured that we have initiated corrective measures to rectify it. We trust you will appreciate that this does not in any way reflect our usual service levels and hope you will give us a chance to showcase the quality of our hotel and regain your confidence

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my second visit to Mumbai and based on my previous experience, booked a room for 2 nights and 3 days at Bawa Contiental, juhu beach and this hotel never lets you down either on comfort or food or even ambiance.

Please ensure that you order dinner for in house room service before 11pm as most of the menu wont be available. I tried to order 24 hrs room service but nothing was available post 12AM as the chef was not there.

The only problem I had this time was i was in room 405 and there were workers renovating room 406 and till 8pm they were hammering and talking aloud which gave me a disturbed evening and in spite making a request at the reception, no action was taken, apart for this one off instance, the overstay was really good and worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback regarding our services including the facilities of the hotel. We sincerely apologize for poor responses regarding your room service order as well as the renovation work which created inconvenience during your stay, please be rest assured that we have initiated corrective measure to rectify the same.