“Avergare Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bawa Continental

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Bawa Continental
Ranked #76 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai
“Avergare Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice room,good breakfast. Good location. They have asked us to wait for lot of time at reception this was only problem. they have very small reception.Need improvement here.

It is close to Juhu beach.hope to get better service next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BAWACONTINENTAL, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize for the delay in your check-in process. I assure you that suitable corrective measures have been initiated with immediate effect to rectify it. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity and return to the hotel. In case you would be visiting the hotel at any given occasion please do let me know (Vikram Bawa -bawavikram@bawagroup.in) as I would personally take care of your stay and the arrangements.

At the same time, I would also like to thank you for appreciating the overall hotel services including the location.

Looking forward to your continued patronage.

Vikram Bawa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I reserved a car service from the Bawa through email so I wouldn't have to get a pre-paid taxi, and when my wife and I arrived in Mumbai, it was no where to be found - so I called them and they said it would take an hour or so to come, and they recommended that I get a taxi (get a few rupees to tip everyone that looks at you from the prepaid station to your cab...they will want american money, but don't be fooled. rs50 is a fine tip. Just keep turning down service).

It's a little far from the airport, and if you're new travelers, this could be intimidating. But once you arrive, it's nice. It's a little small, but for the cost, it's perfect. The front desk was friendly and I had to remind them of a few things to keep the cost at what we agreed. (you know how it is, somehow something becomes more than you expect...just keep your emails/agreement).

The rooms are not very big, but they are all you need in a one night hotel. The bathroom was great...our room had glass walls in the bathroom so you could see into the shower from the bed (that was kind of fun :)).

Breakfast was okay. nothing super special.. But at the end of the day, this hotel measured up to my expectations. inexpensive, quite, nice beds, clean room/bathroom, and their car service did take us back to the airport in the morning.

You won't walk away with a "YES! This place is awesome, we have to come again." But you also won't walk away sorry if you book with them. I'll probably use them in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review Hotel Bawa Continental, Juhu on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely apologize for the error incurred from our end on the arrangement of the airport pick up instructions which further created inconvenience to you while getting to the hotel.

At the same time we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we have measured up to your expectations in terms of our pricing, services including the ambiance of the hotel.

Your feedback regarding our friendly front office team and your return to the hotel in the future is very encouraging and motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bawa Continental soon.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is a real discovery as it is not too far from the airport. Though small the rooms are well designed and very comfortable. Equally, the small staff group who appear to double up in their roles are all very helpful. And the hotel is in easy reach of great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

It is indeed motivating and encouraging to have receive a positive review from a Senior Contributor of Trip Advisor.

We are also very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you were impressed by the overall service, ambiance & location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bawa Continental soon.

Management
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel Bawa continental is very well situated near to Juhu beach, restaurants, cafes and with good access to other parts of Mumbai as it is on a main route. It is opposite the Marriott hotel yet very reasonably priced. My room on the fifth floor was so quiet at night, despite the usual Indian problem of hooting traffic and barking dogs. The staff are excellent; they are so helpful at all times, never keep you waiting and their ideas and advice are sound. The airport pick-up is well worth the modest charge and is professional and efficient. You are greeted with a very much appreciated complimentary bottle of water.My room was spacious, with up to the minute furnishings and bathroom fitments. The complimentary toiletries are good. Would I stay there again.? Yes most definitely.Gm

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors seem to be well above the usual Indian street noise.
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
BAWACONTINENTAL, Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Bawa Continental, Juhu and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your mention of the service and the welcoming environment including the hotel location.

We appreciate your positive feedback towards our staff courtesy , and and are looking forward to your next visit.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in August and we had an excellent stay. The room (Standard room third floor) was very clean and modern, which is in this price range not always the case in Mumbai! I particularly loved the bathroom, very modern, nice shower and very european style. Yes the room was small, but not like previous reviews say too small! For a short stay the size is perfectly fine, plus you can also get a theme room, which is bigger and bit more expansive.
The rooms do not have a great view but this was not important to us. I do a lot of research before booking a hotel and after staying here I must say that this one has def. a fantastic value for the Juhu beach area. The breakfast was just ok, here is some room for improvements. Overall, if you don't require a beach view then this Hotel is the best choice in Juhu beach in this price range!

Room Tip: We recommend staying at the third floor!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is indeed very encouraging to note that you had a most wonderful stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed the comfortable room including our state-of-the-art bathroom design including its facilities.

We have also noted on your feedback regarding the breakfast which will be looked into immediately.

Your overall feedback is very motivating and inspiring.

We do hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Upon arriving, the hotel taxi man was rude when picking me up. My baggage had arrived late and he had started blaming me for being late - this was all at 2am when I am tired and need to go to the hotel! When arriving at the hotel, even though they knew I was to be arriving earlier than check-in they had NO ROOM! I had waited until 4am to get a room and then they told me that the only room available is an executive room which was far more expensive than the standard I had requested as I was alone. This was a total mockery of my situation. To put it further, when finally falling asleep, there was dogs howling constantly until 6am and then large building and construction noises! Turns out they were doing building work on the hotel which no one had bothered to tell me when booking. Breakfast was limited and terrible, as a vegaterian all I had was pasta (who eats pasta for breakfast?!) Lastly, when demanding to speak to the manager in my tired and upset state, he was not interested in listening to me, spoke to me in front of an audience of reception staff and guests, he was rude, cut me off and walked off without a single apology. The standard rooms are TINY, much smaller than my own room! Felt like a prison cell! Furthermore, I was promised free wifi on my stay when booking. The manager conned me and said that it is only free for one hour and then I have to pay. After showing him my booking and showing him the statement that says "free wifi" he denied it and took no responsiblity and laughed it off. Awful service, awful food and awful hotel. Never ever again!

Room Tip: Standard Rooms are just bigger than a box room size. Go for an executive if you need space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
BAWACONTINENTAL, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize on the inconsistent services & responses provided by the Manager during your stay with us. I assure you that suitable corrective measures shall be taken with immediate effect to rectify it. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity and return to the hotel. In case you would be visiting the hotel at any given occasion please do let me know (Mr. Vikram Bawa -bawavikram@bawagroup.in) as I would personally take care of your stay and the arrangements.

Looking forward to your continued patronage.

Vikram Bawa
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel location is great, staff is very nice and courteous. Restaurant food needs improvement as the choice is very limited. Rooms are quite comfortable. Hotel is having some renovation work causing disturbance during day time.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor are better as they are less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Bawa Group of Hotels...!

Thank You very much for posting your review on trip advisor.

We appreciate your comments and would make the necessary improvements in our capacity.

We look forward to have your with us in the future.