All reviewsjuhu beachroom servicesingle roomstayed in this hotel for nightsnice hotelenjoyed my staywalking distancereception staffperfect stayrooms are smallairport transferjw marriottwi fibudget hotelshort stayspecial thankscomfortable stay
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I traveled with my family and friends to Mumbai and chose Bawa Continental and the first impression was extremely disappointing. The receptionist who wore a turban with a beard and moustache wearing a black coat ( can't remember the name) was extremely rude. He spoke as if we had come to stay at the hotel for free. This was the point where my father lost his temper and put him in his place.
Apart from this guy, everyone else was friendly and polite. The bell boy even went to details of explaining where we should go and what we should do in Mumbai. He actually helped us to make full use of our stay in Mumbai. Rooms were very comfortable and luxurious and everything was in place. However, the rooms are quite small but the added facilities make up for it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Bawa Continental...!

Thank You very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor.

We are glad you gave us the description of the personnel who attended you.

We shall take the necessary action and will see to it, our team does not repeat such acts.

We appreciate you taking time and sending in the review of the other positive feedbacks of the hotel.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in August. The first thing we noticed was the freezing, characterless lobby. There was no reception desk, just two office type-desks for us to check in. We hoped for better when we saw our room, however we were disappointed. We were supposedly given a 'larger' room which was overcrowded and cramped. The room smelt of damp and when we complained, we were told it was the monsoon season. The bed was covered in about 20 black and silver cushions in an attempt to make the room more attractive - it didn't work.
On a positive note, the staff were very friendly and the breakfasts were avrage. However, this couldn't compensate for a pretty mediocre hotel. If you're on a budget and you want a good location, this may be the choice for you, but personally I would spend a bit more money and find somewhere better.

nd finally the breakfast system was vry bad veg nd non veg both foods are on same tabrerle actully we are pure veg thats why we r vry dissappointed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings form Hotel Bawa Continental...!

Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your comments and feedback about the property.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We asked for the hotel pickup and drop off from the airport in our package. Have been to India many times, I know how over priced this deal is - but decided to go ahead with it as it was my wife's first time india and I wanted it to be nice. Haggling with taxi drivers can easily increase your blood pressure.

E-mailing my flight info and calling the staff a week ahead of time resulted in them forgetting to pick us up. We waited at the airport and had to call them to remember. When I wanted to speak to the manager they told me I looked tired and should go to my room. I insisted and finally the manager came out and offered us an upgraded room. I asked for free WiFi instead and he offered 24hrs of WiFi. Which was great :) ---- > The WiFi did not work at all and was not working on our floor for two days. We had to use it in the lobby.

Most of the front staff is incompetent and slow except Neena and the older gentelmen (who's name I forgot). The front staff do the old indian deal where they talk and talk but do not deliver. They feel the need to relieve your concern before they listen to your concern. The bell boy and door man are very pleasant and friendly people. They even lent their umbrella to us during one of many Mumbai rain storms.

The hallways are not air conditioned and have a poor smell to them. The rooms are clean and modern except the beds have a lumpy comforter mattress added to them for "comfort". There is no doubt in my mind that this comforter is used to extend the life of the bed. It is not comfortable and feels like your are sleeping on pillows. I found many small insects in the washroom and window cells. This is not bad for Mumbai, but are easily preventable if the hotel put more money into maintenance.

The bar downstairs is very loud so be aware not to stay near there.

Room Tip: Choose room away from Bar and up a few floors Do not use AirPort shuttle service, they may forget to pick you up (like us).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your time taken for a detailed feedback about the positive and negative aspects of the property.

We have taken each point into consideration and are committed to work towards a better experience for our Guest.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Bawa between 17th September- 27th September. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The hotel was clean and rooms were kept dated for the current time. I would be visiting Bawa again. Internet was fast but it was a bit pricey for the daily rate, i think a weekly price should be introduced.

Sabrina, Sham and other staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pritip
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor....!

I appreciate your positive feed back about my staff and services of the hotel.

We at Bawa Continental look forward to have you as our guest very soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place was the Absolute worst hotel i have ever stayed in, in my life. Well i shouldn't say the hotel was bad but the service is what KILLED it for myself and my girlfriend. in fact the rooms were ehh.... We arrived to the hotel at 8PM with a reservation in which arriving to the lobby there was a large party of which was staying in one room, so both of the reception people were overwhelmed and working on there one room. my girlfriend and i waited 30 minutes for someone to acknowledge us in which i had to say something. after i finally got my room key, i was never welcomed or anything. we finally got to our "upgraded" room, which was smaller than the room i had originally booked. and had a blue tarp covering over the window, as if i was staying in a Gaht. The Service from reception was terrible... upon going out to dinner we asked for a recommendation of a place to go get something to eat, and being american they told me the only place available was SUBWAY. The stupid thing about saying that is there is a HUGE area on Juhu beach where you can get a million different options of indian street food. Finally arriving back to the hotel, the hall ways were about 40C Degrees in which i felt we were going to faint. our room was nice and cool temperature but the halls were unbearable. Finally upon checking out i called down 1 hour ahead of time so that they could arrange a taxi for us to go to the airport. Was told they would have one waiting for us when we came down. Finally when we came down to the desk after the hour expecting to hop in the car and go to the airport. they told us to sit and wait cause the car wasnt there yet. we sat for 30 minutes in which every ten i asked where they car was and they told me it was on its way... THIS IS A CITY WITH A BILLION TAXIS. i finally gave up on the reception people and walked outside and went to the hotel next door where they had three taxis waiting out front for work. i was so furious that i had been put off like that and now 30 minutes late for my day, which was a very easy solution for them. they just had to walk outside and scream for a taxi. Finally once we gave up and started to walk out of the hotel the two reception men were ready to finalize my bill and check me out of the hotel. After We'd been sitting right in front of them in the lobby for 35 minutes, and they didnt have the decency to start our check out process... They knew were were leaving there was no excuse. this place really made me not want to return to ANY Bawa hotel. which is a shame because it seemed like a cool place to stay in a cool area of town. I cannot say enough bad things about the experience i had from the reception staff and there is no excuse for poor treatment of a guest. A small welcome or thank you for your stay would have made it alittle better but they didnt even bother to do that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Bawa Continental...!

Thank You very much for your feed back on Trip Advisor.

You definitely did not have a very pleasant experience staying with Bawa Continental.

We are extremely apologetic about the unpleasant experience you had about the hotel staff, and other services.

Your every comment has been taken into account and we shall take all the measures not to repeat the same with any of our guest.

We are thankful to your for your business and the time taken to let the management know about the shortcomings in the operatons.