“Nice Hotel”

Hotel Bawa Continental
Ranked #72 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights. A complimentary airport pick up was included in our deal and I emailed to organise this. I received an email confirming we would have someone waiting for us even though we would be arriving at approximately 3am local time. When I called to confirm this between flights, I was told that all their drivers would out doing drop offs and this would not be possible until around 8 or 9am. I asked to speak to a Supervisor who was conveniently not available. Upon arriving at the airport, I was caled by their driver who was there waiting for us. Aside from this mishap, everything was fine during our stay.

The hotel was spotless, most of the staff are lovely, and the hotel is well located. 3mins walk from the beach and many restaurants in the area. A great one to try is Mahesh Lunch which specialises in seafood. For vegetarian fare, try Shiv Sagar.

Check in and check out was speedy which was a great help considering the time we arrived and we also left at 1:30 am.

Walls are quite thin and can hear loud talking from rooms next door or tv turned up high. Can also hear traffic if you are near the front.

Try using the auto-rickshaw (tuk-tuk as locals call it) for shorter rides. If you are travelling further, rather than booking a txi for a day with the hotel, use a cool cab (blue and white cars) as they have a/c but can be cheaper. Avoid leaving/returning to the hotel between 5 and 9 pm as the traffic is horrendous.

All in all, we had a lovely stay once we were settled in, and can't really complain.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise, however see if you can get a room at the back as we had a cor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings form Bawa Hospitality...!

I would like to thank you for your Business and the time you took to review my hotel on Trip Advisor.

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at the airport. I would like to compensate you with a free one night stay at my hotel or for any of your friends or family visiting Mumbai.

Kindly send us a mail on stay@bawacontinental.com and just copy your previous booking details for the reference.

I hope you give us a chance to serve you again.

Thank you once again for the positive review and comments on trip advisor.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

The Juhu beach (Chowpati) is walking distance from hotel. There are several local eateries serving Bombay special Bhel, Paani Puri and Pau Bhaji although the beach becomes very congested during holidays. It’s a nice place to be there till very late in evening.
I checked in pretty late and by the time I entered the room it was almost midnight. I was pleasantly surprised by a smiling face of room service well past midnight. The bell boy “Pawan” was always eager to help in whatever way possible. Ask him the spot in Mumbai and he will guide you the best way to reach there.
I was pleasantly surprised to see my room tidied one day while I was having my breakfast at the restaurant. Good communication between restaurant and housekeeping. Though I wished it continued.
There were definitely some areas where it probably needed improvements:
1. I was allotted a room where the AC was not functioning. Though, this is a technical issue. Care should be taken before the allotment.
2. Newspaper was never delivered. Anyway this was blessing in disguise as I wanted and was able to completely disconnect from news.
3. There should be unlimited flow of drinking water. 1 ltr of water is just not sufficient for the day.
Probably the only grudging face around was the person manning the restaurant “Bistro Grill”. Rest all very lively, friendly and ever helpful. I would recommend the hotel to all.

Room Tip: Try booking directly on to their website you will find better deals there. Avoid facing the road and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KenyRS

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your review and comments of Hotel Bawa Continental on Trip Advisor.
I really appreciate the time and efforts.

I am glad you liked the hotel rooms , location, and staff services.
My apologies for the newspaper service, technical issues with the AC and unpleasant experience you had with one of the service staff at Bistro grill.
I would take these suggestion into account and take the necessary steps for the improvement in the services where needed.

I look forward to your next stay at my hotel and would appreciate any guest whom you would refer Hotel Bawa Continental to.

For any future bookings and feedback please feel free to email us at stay@bawacontinental.com

Thanking You again for your Business and Review..!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Location - Fantastic, just walkin distance frm juhu beach
Staff- very courteous and helpful
Food- breakfast is so so....not much variety
Rooms- quite comfortable
Airport pick up and drop - provided foc
Negetives - Internet is chargeable and costly....not cool for any business traveller
Overall stay exp- fantastic n I would like to come back again!

Stayed: March 2012
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings form Bawa Hospitality...!

Thank You very much for posting your views about my hotel on Trip Advisor.....!

I really appreciate you being positively critical about the hotels negative aspects.
We will sincerely try to work towards the improvement in the breakfast services and around the interent packages for business travelers.

On behalf of my team I Thank You for the opportunity you gave us to serve you, and look forward to have your as our guest in the future again.

Thanking You.

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Apart from all the good thing about hotel, I would like to mention the only factor that makes this hotel different from the rest is the willingness to serve the guests the best..
Even at 2 30am the housekeeping staffs greet you with smile,In fact all the staffs from Front desk to room service housekeeping they all want to serve you the best..
Great hotel for the price n location ,really clean ..
Thanx to all the staff Shaym,Neena, Sabrina from the front desk, Dinesh ever smiling kid from housekeeping, anant the fella from Punjab from room service, Viraf n all I am sorry I forget the names.. Just wanna say a big thanks to all of you.. I am coming soon..
Shrin

• Stayed: April 2012
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I really appreciate your positive response, and on behalf of my team would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and look forward to your next visit.

Thank You once Again...!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Room was very good, bed was comfortable, there was a choice of pillows soft through to hard, breakfast was good for an Indian hotel breakfast package. Staff were friendly and helpful. Free pick up or drop off from airport. My ticket was standby and hotel arranged for driver to wait in case I didn't get on flight. Only complaint is that internet got very slow at peak times and there is a little mould starting to grow on ceiling in bathroom..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
FOMBGH, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Hotel Bawa Continental as your preferred stay destination.

We are glad to receive your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value your detailed and encouraging feedback.

We hope to see you soon yet again,

Regards

Management

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Given room on first floor,thought it would be noisy but air drowned out noise. Had dinner in grill, good if you like spicy. The room was small but perfect for one with great bed, fixtures, nice pergo flooring. The breakfast was delicious and housekeeping great. The bawa van is ready to take you to the airport, wish I had booked it on the way in instead of the horrid midland hotel after 3 days coming from Vegas.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Bawa Hospitality...!

Thank you for posting your review of hotel bawa continental on trip advisor.

I am really Glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to have you as our hotel guest in the future.

Your positive rating will really help us in building our list of esteemed guest like yourself.

Thank You once again...!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stay in this hotel when reached India the first day. After a whole day traveling from UK all we wanted was a good sleep. The bed was very comfy and clean, we got a late check out so had a really nice stay. We didn't have breakfast since slept till 2pm, but when we arrived ordered room service which was good. On the reception the manager was very helpful with informations, even called someone to help with getting a sim card or dongle, and through a travel agencie booked bus tickets for us to Goa. Not with the best company though. Promised Neeta travels, which is a decent one but got something cheap. Maybe because it was like last minute booking for the same day..

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank felicity343
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your response on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you had a pleasant experience at Hotel Bawa Continental.

We look forward to your next visit, and hope you had a memorable trip in India.

Thank You.