All reviews juhu beach room service single room stayed in this hotel for nights nice hotel enjoyed my stay walking distance reception staff perfect stay rooms are small airport transfer jw marriott wi fi budget hotel short stay special thanks comfortable stay
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Good Hotel overall and value for money and great location only 5 minutes walk to Juhu Beach and great food restaurants. Great for shopping as well located to all areas by Rickshaw and taxi's. Great staff and very good service and food in room dining was well priced and good portions.

Definitely recommend and would stay again with flat screens in all rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012
viksinghmumbai, Owner at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for reviewing Hotel Bawa Continental on Tripadvisor.

I value your time and business, look forward to have you as my guest again.

Thank You.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Bawa. After 2 months of budget traveling in India, it was a bit of a splurge (though affordable via Agoda) and worth every last rupee.

The bed is incredibly comfortable, I would have stolen the mattress if I could ! Lots of cushions and carpets, lots of lights, I enjoyed the modern yet warm decor. Room on 3rd floor was totally silent despite street below and "comedy night" at the restaurant downstairs.

Executive rooms have a shower, theme rooms have a small but pleasant bathtub. Both bathrooms were small but very modern and perfect for my solo-traveler needs.

Be aware that this is a non-smoking hotel. There is a 5,000 Rs penalty for smoking in the room.

I requested a quiet room because I still suffered from after-effects of dengue fever. The night manager immediately upgraded me to a theme room for 1 night and would have left me there if they hadn't been full the next day. Thank you, Sir.

Nothing was too much trouble for the adorable staff. They suggested the lively Santa Cruz market to buy a few trinkets as opposed to a tourist emporium, suggested a rickshaw as opposed to a taxi for the short ride; that sort of sound advice is not so commonplace in high-end hotels. They also reminded me that I could do my airplane check-in online ; 2 computers are available on the ground floor, 200 Rs/hr.
They let me know that I was entitled to a free airport transfer, which was not mentioned on my reservation voucher. Transfer was perfectly on time, super comfortable car, good driver that didn't use his horn once - greatly appreciated at 5 am. The ride to international airport at that time of day, with zero traffic, was 15 mn.

I didn't use their spa, no time for that, but regreted it all the more as their prices were very reasonable for an elegant Mumbai hotel, between 850 and 2,500 Rs for different massages and cares.

Overall, I had all the luxury, comfort and pampering I could take and would not go to other high-end hotels if I could afford them.

I enjoyed the Juhu area very much. The beach is maybe a 3 mn walk away and lively until very late at night. Just down the road from the hotel on the same sidewalk is a grocery store with fantastic fresh spices and nuts (as well as soft drinks and crackers) that make lovely presents, and the young gentleman at the spice counter is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, speaks great English too. A few doors down on the same sidewalk, just before the beach, is a really great restaurant. Extensive menu, delicious food (I had gorgeous masala dosa and pav bhaji, but they also do Italian and Chinese) and superb, totally safe fresh fruit juices ; extremely friendly service. The lower end of Juhu Rd is packed with high-end saree shops, expensive but absolutely top quality.

The only drawback of Juhu is that it's in Juhu... Avoid the drive back from Colaba between 5 and 8 PM at all costs, traffic is horrible. Really brave travelers can take a train from VT to Santa Cruz and then a 50 Rs rickshaw. Tip : taxis with license plates starting with MH 02 will agree to a cheaper fare to Juhu in the evenings as they are based in the area.

Not only would I stay at the Bawa again, I'd be horribly disappointed if I had to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TuktukLady

Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for your detailed and informative comment about Hotel Bawa Continental and the areas around.

I am sure your comments will be very helpful to our other potential guest who would want to choose hotel bawa as their choice of stay at Mumbai.

I look forward to have you again as our guest at the hotel.

Thank You very much...!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights feb 5 to 8. Service was excellent from Neena, sunmeet and anant. Laundry service was fantastic. Restaurant had simple but good food. Close to juhu beach.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Guest,

Me and My staff would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are glad you liked the hotel and our services.

We look forward to serve you again at hotel bawa continental...!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Had a funtastic time. This place (almost a boutique hotel) is small and neat. In the midst of Juhu Tara Road across JW Marriot, this hotel is value for money! Staff were amazing and friendly. As you enter you feel warmth of the staff. The only thing they would need to change is the carpet at the hallway, which over time has worn out. Would I stay there again, for sure YES! Had a lovely time at their annex bar, food was good and well priced. Hopefully they wont change!

Room Tip: Not facing the road as traffic is bad in Mumbai!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
FOMBGH, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bawa Continental, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Hotel Bawa Continental as your preferred stay destination.

We are glad to receive your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value your detailed and encouraging feedback.

We hope to see you soon yet again,

Regards

Management

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed at the Bawa for six nights and really enjoyed the stay.

The hotel was very very clean, with newish laminate flooring, good lighting and a generally nice feel about the place. After long days out in Mumbai seeing the sights it was nice to come back to somewhere that felt comfortable in which to relax in.

The breakfasts were so so, but not too bad and anything we asked for in the hotel was provided.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple