“NICE TIDY GOOD STAFF”
Review of Ascot Hotel

Ascot Hotel
Ranked #102 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“NICE TIDY GOOD STAFF”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I Recently stayed at this hotel & We were pleased to have very friendly and cooperative staff
in room service is also very prompt and good.
with latest amenities and spaciouc rooms one has value for money by staying at Ascot
I would highly recommend this property for future travelers.

Room Tip: Road side rooms are larger.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank novembertravele... t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Berkley, Michigan, USA
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I attempted to book and stay at this hotel recently. We called the hotel and booked 2 triple rooms three days prior to our stay. The morning that we were to check in, we called the hotel twice to check to see if they have airport pick up (they don't.) When we arrived, they told us that they try to contact us twice to see if we were coming, because they gave up one of our rooms. We discussed to them that we called them twice that morning, it was even before check in time (it was 1130 am) and were not able to answer their calls since we were flying in that morning. They were unwilling to acknowledge/understand these facts. They were willing to give us one room in the hotel and 1 in a building next door. The room next door WAS not at the same level at the hotel at all! They were not friendly and would not admit that they were wrong to book rooms that they did not have, wrong to put the blame on us for not answering when they called (even though we talked to the hotel earlier), they were not friendly or helpful at all! We went next door and stayed at the Garden Hotel. It was wonderful and highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank gispartangurl
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My three day stay at the Ascot Hotel was very enjoyable. The very friendly and help Mr. Jackson on the front desk was great for making you feel welcome and answered any travel questions etc. Rooms are very nice and at 4 start level compared with Europe. The hotel is very clean, has a great breakfast included and complementary wifi in the lobby with a laptop also available for use. Overall a good hotel to stay in, with a great location!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank brian m
Esher
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My friend and I stayed in the Ascot for 2 nights recently. It was in a great location very close to the India Gate and near the bustle of the Causeway market. The room was very clean and tidy and the staff extremely helpful and friendly particuarly the delightful Mr Adrian Jackson who just couldn't have been more helpful. The reason I didn't give the Ascot 5 stars is that the breakfast could really be improved on, perhaps a traditional Indian breakfast would be better than trying to be continental and we also had a wire hanging out of our bathroom wall. I would definitely recommend it to friends and wouldn't hesitate booking again if I travel to Mumbai.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor and very quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Somerville
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights here recently, in an expansive room on the 2nd floor. The breakfast is a little monotonous but we were always so glad to get back to the hotel from the crazy streets of Mumbai. The neighborhood is one of older homes and trees, easy walk to the Gateway of India, museum, etc. We would happily go back.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank RoadHazard
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2011

After the craziness of the day in Mumbai, it was lovely to come back for the second time in the last year at the ascot hotel on garden road. It's a clean, safe and welcoming hotel. The staff is really helpful. Our main guy there was Jackson. A great and sweet man that just wants to make your stay the easiest and best as he can. He helped us make dinner reservations in a few restaurants, found a trustful driver, helped us print flight tickets, etc. Super helpful and he always had a sweet smile.
The rooms are spacious. Pretty clean. Comfortable beds and soft sheets. The room service is fast and correct. The breakfast space is also spacious and neat.
The neighborhood is great because it's easy to walk around and find nice addresses to visit, shop, dine, or have a drink.

If you don't care too much about having a more western style for your hotel, I do recommend that place. And I will go back there next time I visit mumbai.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jessica B
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed twenty-seven nights with them as my fourth visit to Mumbai. Generally speaking, hotels in Mumbai are overpriced. However, compared with other shabby and unsatisfiable hotels, the Ascot is preeminent for their accommodations and service. It is true that their room rate is higher than other "midrange" (the range is actually vast in the case of Mumbai) hotels, but their service is of great worth paying the difference. Their recently (five or six years ago. I've forgot the exact date) refurbished inside is well maintained with marble floors which were kept clean with no dust. My room was on the top (fourth) floor with two windows through which good natural lighting was available. The fireworks of the Diwali festival seen from the window is one of the unforgettable memory. The room was quite spacious and the a/c was independent of the room card-key, by which I could return to my cool (frosty!) room from the crazily hot and humid outside. The bathroom with bathtub was also kept clean and I could have running hot water any time. The staff was very warm and helpful. They made quick response to any of my requests, and their service was excellent and flexible with me over the twenty-seven days.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo