Grand Hotel
Agoda.com
$107
$61
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsballard estatemr gandhideluxe double roomquiet areafamily roomcharming hotelsouth mumbaichicken sausagehot showerconvenient locationtea coffeepeaceful staycst stationspent nightsfull markscolaba areafront desk manager
Reviewed January 21, 2013

For the amount of money you pay for this hotel you can find better deals in Mumbai. The rooms were not very clean. There is no 24 hour hot water and when there was hot water there was only hot water. Breakfast starts at 8am at least what they call breakfast. I didn't try dinner but when I saw the prices on the menu I was shocked I ate at the Trident hotel for almost the same amount. AC is only a noise machine. Location is close to everything but then again so are the other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marcodubbelt
Management response:Responded January 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

We appreciate the valuable inputs provided by you. However we would like to bring to notice that our current rates are competitive keeping in mind many factors that affect price of room.

Grand Hotel has always maintained a good value for money hotel and will continue to do so to our travelers, considering we are a budget yet niche hotel of its own character having a history of more than 87 years.

We are apologetic for the services that were not fulfilled from our part and will make sure that these incidents don not occur again. We will ensure that your next stay will be a memorable one and will not give and opportunity to disappoint.

Assuring you the best services of Grand Hotel,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was very clean and large, and spotless. The toilet was also very clean and taken care of very frequently (cleanest I'd seen in India so far). The staff was very helpful, but willing to help a bit too much, always offering help when I am used to travel on my own... The wi-fi was working on and off during my stay, but that's constant in Inda. It's just that for the price you'd expect it to work constantly. Overall, a nice hotel that westerners will feel safe and comfortable in. Oh! And the mattresses were real mattresses, not some foam pieces.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Louis-Philippe V
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights and were very happy with the cleanliness, convenience and space in the room. People always came if we needed anything (eg help with the television) and the fact that it was designed by the same architect as many of the old buildings in Churchgate was an added bonus.

We were collected from the airport as promised which was reassuring after a long flight from Australia.

Next time in Mumbai I would get somewhere with a pool - it was just so darned hot a pool would have been a godsend.

Room Tip: In their ad they say the hotel has view of the arabian sea - not sure how that is possible. 2nd floor room fine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The first time I stayed in Grand hotel was a pleasant one, probably because I had family who was a long staying guest here. The 2nd time, though I had checked in, and had half rate of 1 day's room charge with me, I was refused check in, and asked to find an ATM in the nearby area. Though I did inform them that my friend was coming with money in an hour's time, I was refused, and they did not accept a credit card...I had to find an ATM on my own, and give them money. The rooms were clean, but there is no hot water, but the staff did carry up hot water to my room.

My 3rd experience, is occurring as I write this. We spoke to the hotel, sent across an e-mail, they confirmed our booking and arrived at 6.30 AM expecting a nice room to check in to...no such luck. Apparently, it's our fault for not checking whether we had received a confirmation e-mail back from them. The clerk at the desk could not even confirm whether we would have a room available at 8AM, even if we were willing to sit in the lobby till such time, neither were we offered any refreshments or help. The only help we were given was the name of another hotel in the area....so travellers , beware, make sure you get your confirmation e-mail from the hotel, and carry plenty of cash in hand...else you might go through the same experiences.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank ar_di_gomez
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed there 4 nights. This place is perfect balanced for price and location. The people are very friendly and helpful. The room was very big what we really appreciated and cleaned properly every day. Most of the sight seeing tours you can do by walking or just taking a taxi for a couple of minutes. WiFi in every room. We really enjoyed staying there.

Room Tip: the rooms are all quiet as the road / location is quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple