“Not even transit..”
Review of Hotel Transit

Hotel Transit
Ranked #114 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We booked this hotel because of its proximity to the domestic airport. We made the reservation on-line and after several emails back and forth we understood that a transfer from and to the airport was included in the price. However, when we arrived in Mumbai with about an hour's delay there was no-one there waiting for us. We called only to find out that they did not have our flight details. For us this is obviously wrong as we have several emails proving the opposite. We decided to cancel our reservation and they accepted.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelForPleasur

Reviewed April 14, 2009

Finding a well reviewed, moderately priced hotel by the airport in Mumbai is a nightmare: hotel reviews don't match their prices or are just poorly reviewed. After much reading, I picked this and was glad that I did.

They came to the International airport, about 15 minutes away (it is by the domestic airport), to pick me up. The room was clean, comfortable and fine, as was the bathroom. The restaurant surprised me - it was much better than I expected, although all I ate was an unusually tasty biryani.

I was very pleased with my choice.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Taureg
Reviewed March 11, 2009

The Mumbai airport is a long way from downtown or the beaches. Our travel agent booked us here for an overnight stay when we were returning from Aurangabad late one evening and leaving early the next morning for Udaipur. The taxi ride was about 3 mintues - not far at all, and the outside street is littered with the usual amount of trash.

However, the hotel was fine - clean linens and bathrooms. As a plus, there is a very decent restaurant in the hotel which is open 24 hours a day. We were able to enjoy some fine curries without having to leave the hotel. It you wished to have breakfast, it was available very early as well.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank makoma
Reviewed January 16, 2009

Transit hotel in Mumbai is, according to my recent impression, could be considered as possible option for a very short (1-2 nights) stay quite close to Mumbai domestic terminal (3 min by car which is complimentary for airport pick-ups & drops by this hotel). But only if you can't find no other accommodation near to the airport, I mean that next time if only I come to Bombay I'll choose other hotel there for sure.
Main concerns that don't let me recommend this venue are just 2 but essential ones they are:

For $130 per night you'd expect hot water at least, wouldn't you?! However you don't get it in this hotel;

Breakfast is so poor & awful that you'd better even don't show yourself at their canteen.

Other elements are not bad - to be honest it's clean, staff (incl. very helpful & attentive front desk team) is disciplined & welcoming. And don't believe some other reviewers that there are bedbugs - beds are very clean too.

Be warned if you book the room(s) directly at the hotel's website - when you enter 1 room it may become 2 rooms instead and you don't notice this double booking!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stas S
Reviewed November 29, 2008

I am not that kind of a person who complaints for no reason. I believe that if a customer has paid for a product or service, definitely there are going to be expectations.

Agreed that it is a 3-star hotel, but there are certain things that cannot be overlooked.
Although the hotel is nice and clean, the rooms are quite small for the price! There is hardly any space between the bed and the opposite wall.

Most of the staff is not up to the standard – as if they are not happy with their jobs, and it shows on their faces.

On the second day of my stay, I had to go out in the morning. So I left my key (103) at the reception. I came in after 30 minutes, and asked for my room key. Guess what I was told? “Sir, your room partner has taken your key!” My room partner?? I had taken a single room. The receptionist told me to knock on my room door and check. I thought may be someone wants to surprise me! So I went upstairs, and knocked. No answer. I came back down a bit annoyed, and asked them to open the door. I asked the bell boy to inform the reception that no one is the room, and look for my key. After getting no response for 10 minutes I went back to the reception, this time more annoyed. Take a guess what happens next? They look for the key in the box, and find out that 103 key was kept in 303!!!

Breakfast is a big headache for both – the cook and the guests. The cook has a tough time thinking what to cook for breakfast, and the guests have tough time looking at the breakfast. Trust me, it’s pathethic!! Hardly any choice.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Maqsimum
Reviewed November 17, 2008

the transit room size is too small for two persons.

other things are OK.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed October 11, 2007

I had a 20 hour stopover in Mumbai and needed a clean hotel, near the airport for me and my son. Well known 'brand' hotels are extremely expensive so after some research I settled on the Transit Hotel and emailed directly for a reservation. (I normally would have gone for one of the brand hotels but the miser in me refused to pay US$350 and upwards for such a short stay!) The hotel is located opposite the much more expensive 'Orchid Hotel.' The hotel staff were efficient in their communication and offered a rate of Rs4000 including tax & return airport transfers with driver + Rs2000 for the day use until my departure around 6pm. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. Driver was there to meet me just after midnight (which was a big relief!-as I was a single female with 6 year old) and check in was smooth. I requested a higher floor and was given one on the 6th floor. The room had been renovated and was very clean and comfortable. The beds, pillows and linens were all comfortable and the room had A/C + a fan. The bathroom had a hot shower, WC & basin & there was a small minibar fridge with soft drinks and bottled water available for around Rs20 per bottle & a few snacks available to buy.
I didn't leave the room (except to recollect my passport in the morning from reception) and was able to make use of the 24 hour room service on 2 occassions. I had some delicious noodles and my son had the fried chicken and chips. (Chips were cold and the coffee was lousy. It tasted like UHT milk boiled with sugar and a drop of coffee!) If you want a more western style coffee order hot water and separate milk and take your own instant sachets with you.
I got a wake up call from reception (for someone else! in the morning) and there was some noise of hammering as the hotel must still be undergoing renovations. All this I took in my stride as I expected you 'get what you pay for'. If you are a light sleeper I'd take ear plugs just in case.
As promised the hotel gave me a wake up call around 6pm and just as well they did as I had not adjusted my watch to the correct Mumbai time (I was 1/2 hour slow). Check out took around 20 minutes as they had a large group of crew from King Fisher airlines checking in at the time. Then the driver dropped my son and I at the airport and the whole process served the purpose I required. I would stay at the hotel again and now feel confident about going there again. If you don't want to pay over the top pices, require a clean room to crash and have a shower and a feed then this is it!

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lindscanberra