“Excellent service.”

Residency Hotel Andheri
Ranked #54 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Residency Hotel. The staff was always here to listen to you and solve any of your issue very fast. They also have a very good and flexible Driver and Car rental services. It is a place I would recommend and will definitely go back to anytime I am staying in Mumbai.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Cyril_Al

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Just to be clear, I'm leaving a review on the hotel, not the area...

This place is a goldmine in the area. We found a rate on hotels.com for $70 a night for a studio which was perfect for my husband and I.
The room:
The shower is AMAZING, there are a ton of channels on the TV, it is a memory foam mattress and the wifi was free and fast. I'm not one of those people who needs new towels and sheets every day (bc I don't do that at home either) and I understand they probably have a limited amount of resources, so in the 6 days we were here, we had our sheets changed once and towels changed once.
The service:
I called for room service several times and even though there is a bit of a language barrier, everything I ordered was fantastic and we haven't gotten sick at all (a bit stopped up because of the lack of greens... and we've been drinking filtered & unopened bottles of water). We are THE only westerners here - pro in my mind because everyone instantly knows what room we are in!
The Staff:
Front desk staff has been extremely accommodating. We were printing documents, scanning them... using their phones. All very lovely people. Anything that's not available in the room (iron and board) you just call for and it's at your door in 2 seconds.
I would stay here again for sure.

16 minutes from the hotel and a 2 second walk to the metro.

Room Tip: It's India... nothing is quiet! We are on the top floor and it's quieter then most I assume...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lindsey H
residencyhotel, Front Office Manager at Residency Hotel Andheri, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

Our team is very pleased to hear your stay with us was very comfortable and our services were to your satisfaction. It is our constant en devour not only to meet out guests expectations but to exceed them.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Residency Hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Rahul Ghag
Duty Manager
Residency Hotel
Mumbai
Vadodara, India
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Reasonably priced in the prime location of mumbai.
having easy access to major part in mumbai in short time. airport takes 30 min.
parking space available. Food served is good. Good ambience in the room. Well equipped rooms. Very co operative staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PRANAV01
Noida, India
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights on a business trip. My room was on 8th floor and the catch is that lift goes till 7th floor only. Room was big and clean but for my surprise hotel staff did not change the towel every day, Also a superficial kind of cleaning , they did not even empty the bin everyday. Above all I guess the staff is over worked they do not even smile when they serve you in restaurant area. All these staff work as if they are doing a big favour. Whenever I called someone for room service number , No one picks up that number i had to call operator then. Room service is poor I asked to clean the use plate after dinner no one picked up . Finally I called someone in the morning to clean that Plates.

Room Tip: DO not take room on 8th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Mani_medlly
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had one problem after another at this hotel, I really recommend that you stay elsewhere.

Pros: Room was visually appealing, comfortable and spacious. Room service was good. Good housekeeping too.

Cons:
1) Staff was outwardly friendly, but were not actually helpful. For example, I had a closet light that was flickering. I called and they sent someone to fix it. His 'fix' was for me to keep my closet closed for four days
2) For the four days that I stayed here, the cable was out. Every time I asked about it, I was assured that it would be back in a few hours. This happened for FOUR DAYS. They offered to comp my Wifi to make up for it (more on that later), but when I checked out I was billed for it. They eventually removed the charge
3) The location is horrible, the entrance is in an alley that didn't seem safe.
4) The safe malfunctioned constantly.
5) The shower didn't drain well, you had about 3 minutes before the water started filling up. It was gross.
6) The Wifi was absolutely abysmal, even the paid wifi. I had to sign in to the hotel wifi every 5 minutes. Sending an email on my phone took 15 minutes.

Room Tip: Higher is better.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank TheMfchief
Delhi
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have stayed at this property a couple of times in the last 1 year. The rooms are nice and spacious and the staff is very cordial. However, this time there was something terribly wrong with the food. The management should really look into the issue!

Room Tip: Book the deluxe rooms only if you are travelling with your spouse as the loo doors are made of glass...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business