“Comfortable stay”

Residency Hotel Andheri
Ranked #58 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is located close to the International Airport and the hotel Pick up service was good. Rooms are clean, spacious and airy. Fortunately we did not get the glass-walled bathroom! The complimentary buffet breakfast had many choices for the Indian palate. Room service, housekeeping services were prompt and cooperative. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are taxis outside the hotel which can be booked for day transport within the city. However there are no eating joints within walking distance from the hotel. Internet services are available at a reasonable rate. Our stay was a pleasant one.

There are newer reviews for Residency Hotel Andheri

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed one night at the Residency and liked the fact that the room was clean and the staff were nice. They were friendly and upgraded us to a nice, big room with a rather curious "clear glass walled" bathroom (referred to by other travelers.) The lunch buffet was good value, the food was tasty and the waiter smiling and helpful. This is important because the hotel is not in a neighborhood where you can just walk down the street and find a restaurant. This hotel is well-located for the airport, or if you have business in Andheri East (Andheri West is a 30+ minute rickshaw/taxi ride away.) It's too far away from South Mumbai if you are planning to do any sightseeing or strolling in interesting neighborhoods. It's conveniently located right near the north/south highway. We would definitely stay here again if we needed to be in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked for a couple of nights and were upgraded to the club room. it was very clean and all the staff were very polite and helpful. the food was also very good. It's location is ideal to the domestic and international airports and the complimentary shuttle makes it even more desirable. As son as we landed within a few minutes we were called to inform us that the shuttle taxi was waiting for us. Some people may have reservations about the glass bathrooms though in the club rooms and maybe they should consider adding blinds so that privacy can be maintained. Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: Club rooms are good if you aren't too worried about the glass bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Overall the hotel stay was good. It was clean the rooms spacious and the bed gave us a good nights sleep.
Monkey, our travelling mascot, was NOT impressed with the glass walls in the toilet and shower room. Not ideal if you wanted to ask friends back for a late night drink !! ( check out the pictures )
It was a 24 hour stopover on our way to Goa. Don't think we would like to stay much longer than one night though. The view from the room was....... how shall I put it? not good.
The hotel is only 4 miles from the airport so ideal for flight stopovers. The staff couldn't do enough for you, very attentive and helpful. The evening meal in the restaurant was obviously Indian food, it was hot, tasty and plenty of it. The breakfast next morning was wide ranging and plentiful
When you walked out of the ornate marble walled and floored reception area onto the road outside, well what a contrast from beauty and squalor. The road was unmade, a vandalised TV broadcasting van dumped outside, dust, rubbish, no road lighting at night, a new flyover bridge still under construction only meters away ...... mmm one night was enough, but hey, this is India and we enjoyed every minute of it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crazymazdadave
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Overall the stay was very good, only the breakfast menu can be better.
Room service, Ambience, Food everything is good.
There was no welcome drink on arrival. Some refreshments add to the welcome feel was lacking

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is near from airport and service is good they are giving 24hr service which is good for me.really i was in comfort zone area...............................................................................

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had pre-arranged for an airport pickup with the hotel before I arrived in Mumbai, and a member of the hotel staff was waiting for me at the airport with my name on a placard. My flight was 2 hours delayed, and they actually waited there until I arrived which I (obviously) greatly appreciated.
Car to the hotel was clean and air conditioned. My room was spotless, looked great and was very comfortable. The staff at this hotel was very friendly, and were very helpful.
The in-room wifi didn't work for me (I had no signal in my room) but I guess some rooms might have it on lower floors. Wifi in this hotel is not free, however it is fast and the signal in the lobby is strong.
I ate in the restaurant twice, both times for dinner. The menu was Indian cuisine and the food was really nice and reasonably priced
Taxis were easy to flag down on the main street not far from the hotel. There are always taxis parked on the street across the street from the hotel, but none of them wanted to use the meter so probably better not to use them in my experience anyway. For a trip into central Mumbai (eg. Colaba or surrounding areas) it is much, much cheaper to flag a cab that will use the meter. In a taxi, it took me between 45 minutes and one hour to get to Colaba from the hotel. The train didn't take as long, but it is extremely crowded. The Mumbai commuter trains are known as being some of the busiest and most crowded in the world, so it's definitely a "unique" train experience. I didn't mind it, but if you're not up for that kind of experience, I'd highly recommend taking a taxi.
The area around the hotel might look pretty filthy if it's your first time to India, but it's really nothing out of the normal. Local train station is a bit of a walk and I had a hard time finding a tuk tuk or taxi that would take me there (traffic is really bad and I guess it's not worth it for them because of the short distance?).
The Mumbai Metro (which is currently under construction and should be open within a year or two) will have a station very close to the hotel, which is going to be excellent for getting around the city in the future and will definitely increase the profile of this hotel.
I had an airport transfer to from the hotel to the airport again in a clean, air conditioned car and it was on time and punctual.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I am back in Mumbai! Overall a really nice experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo