Residency Hotel Andheri
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Samraj(Mumbai)
Average 3/5
All reviewsmetro stationwestern express highwayroom serviceclub roomclose to the airportbusiness hotelcomfortable stayfood quality is goodbusiness tripdecent hotelrooms are cleanfront office staffthe entire staffan upgradeinternational airportbasic amenitiesindian food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Overall I like the hotel location and service. It's easy for you to access to any other locations in Mumbai. One thing must bear in mind-book the hotel's car if you wish to have a sightseeing or drop off service. Never get a taxi outside the hotel or road side as they will simply Mark up the price after reached the destination. The hotel's valet also provide a much better service and the car is much cleaner as well. Overall I satisfied with what I get with the tariff I paid for the hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jess_lim
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I chose this place because it was conveniently located just off the western express highway and the tariff seemed reasonable. The room I stayed in was a clean but bit small. Now these were plus points of staying here. On the negative side the room service was slow and it seems they just forgot that food needs to have some taste. Neither did it look palatable nor it taste that way. I assumed it was an one off occasion but the same thing happened when i ordered again. Secondly if you want to have dinner here you have to opt for their buffet as ordering from the menu takes time (as I was told). And again the food is not worth writing about. But the hotel's location allows you to find a better restaurant easily. Lastly on the day of check out there was some confusion regarding tariff as the person who had taken my booking had forgotten to tell his colleagues what was the room rate offered. Clearing this mess took a lot of time and effort. In a nut-shell choose this hotel for its location, friendly staff and good clean rooms but avoid it for its food options and slow room service. PS: The TV hardly has any good channels. Its worse than their food.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tribalwar
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I had a night's stay in this hotel with my husband in our one day trip to Mumbai. We selected this hotel after reading so many good reviews on tripadvisor and other websites about it however we were let down and hotel certainly didn't live upto the fame. Welcome was good with a nice looking small room and small but tidy bathroom. First bad thing we came across by this time was their dinner buffet which was priced 300 per head and had only main course and salad and ice-cream in dessert with no starters. Salad had flies and insects feasting over and mutter mushroom in main course didn't have any taste at all. Paranthas were cold and waiter who was serving them was may be instructed not to give more than 1 small piece of parantha at a time. We ordered noodles separately which were good in taste however same waiter while serving those noodles repainted the whole tablemat, side borders of plate and the bowl with noodles, what a pity. We didn't ask him to serve food again.
The only thing we needed this hotel for, a good night's sleep so that we can wake up fresh next morning as I had to appear for an exam, was ruined as beds & pillows were so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep whole night. We booked a room with double bed however what we got was two single mattresses joined to look like a double bed mattress on a double bed which kept slipping away from each other whole night and my husband was the victim as he had to sleep in that pit created between the mattresses after he got tired of getting up and adjusting mattresses repeatedly. Also fan was making too much noise. Room had AC but no end user control and it wasn't cooling either. Room smelled of smoke and fan was making too much noise. I couldn't sleep till 4 in the morning, after that I somehow slept and got up at around 8 with a strain in neck due to rock hard pillows. Water was clogged in the bathroom due to poor built-up while taking shower and we had to pull out the sieve to make the water go. In the morning, there was a power cut and as their power backup also failed, there was no electricity. Room got hot as hell and opening windows didn't help either due to Mumbai's infamous weather. We had to climb five floors by stairs as we were downstairs having breakfast when power got cut. After coming back to the room, we found out that water got drained off toilet flush and shower nozzle automatically. Telephone stopped working. The guy who said he will find out why flush and water nozzle stopped working never came back. Feeling unfresh due to not having slept whole night, no water in the toilet and heat due to no electricity, we decided to checkout from the hotel 1 hour early than expected. We were told card machine isn't working and were expected to give them 5000 cash with no ATM nearby. Somehow that was settled however staff's behavior was apathetic and no one showed any gesture of apology for the inconvenience. Next time if we have to, we will come to Mumbai and return on same day but won't stay in this hotel even if it's the last hotel left in Mumbai.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank cybergirl1987
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Since reading previous reviews, I thought this was going to be a very business orientated hotel (which it is) with no space for 3 young bachelors from the UK attempting to explore Mumbai. I was wrong. The hotel, although aimed at business people, more than did the job for us.

The rooms are clean - if you are travelling from Europe or US you know this is always a worry when travelling to India. The service was good, from laundry to room service to information about the local area. The price was very reasonable and the location was Andheri East. We were able to travel to South Mumbai (Colaba) in around 30-40 mins in a cab which was handy.

I'd recommend this hotel if you're looking to stay for a few days and need the basics - clean and comfortable. There was even a HD tv with cable channels and we only had the basic room!

The only negatives were that our room was facing the outside street and Eid celebrations were going on so we could hear all sorts of shouting - didnt bother us too much but it might if you can't block out this sort of thing when sleeping!

Room Tip: Try the Exec Room if you're staying for longer than a couple of days
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank slim05
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place has an excellent business center which can accommodate 10-50 people for business / conferences for corporate. Price for conf room are inclusive of lunch to dinner including evening snacks on your demand. Food is excellent which is served with all taste from Mughlai to Chinese.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business