“A very clean, quality hotel offering excellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residency Hotel Andheri

Residency Hotel Andheri
Ranked #53 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Philadelphia
“A very clean, quality hotel offering excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I spent 3 nights at this hotel in mid-March and was very impressed with the level of quality and service offered. Reception staff were extremely helpful...example...they extended my room checkout time at no additional charge because I had some free time before I needed to leave for my flight. How many reception staff offer THAT level of service..??
The double Executive room was excellent....squeaky clean with an impressive shower, large flat screen Tv, a VERY comfortable bed with VERY clean sheets and a whole plethora of lighting options. Room service was of a very high standard and, with a fridge and kettle at your convenience, you've got everything you need. Primarily catering for an Indian business clientele, the restaurant offers a good range of options and I found the A la Carte menu excellent.
The only down-side was the poor WiFi Internet connection. Ok...Internet in India is frequently slow and erratic, but it regularly tripped out creating some frustration and inconvenience...not so good when you're paying £3 per 24 hr charges.
In summary, I'd definitely recommend this hotel to foreign visitors and felt it offered exceptionally good value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I must say before we arrived i did not expect the hotel to be so clean, luxurious and friendly considering the price we paid and the location. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future and have recommended to others. The only annoying thing we experienced was that no rickshaw drivers knew this hotel.. they would confuse it with the Regency Hotel which was in andheri west not east.. We found out that if you say Chakkala Petrol Station Andheri East or Cinemax andheri East you might get close to it!! So keep an eye for landmarks and signs to help you get there as its not a popular hotel. Otherwise the staff were really helpful at all times and ask for an upgrade they may even give you one which we got and it really make the difference. The Andheri Local train station is 10 minutes walk away and can take you all the way to Churchgate for Rs10 approx...!!! considering a taxi woud cost you nearly Rs300-400!! so def try the local!! The breakfast is really good too..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank pinacoladauk
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

5-night stay --Attended a conference at the nearby Airport Hilton -- Residency Hotel was a good alternative to high rates at Hilton -- it was about 10-15 minutes away by car which is about 250 rupees. If you want to be in town, don't stay here unless you are ready for long taxi or train rides back and forth -- but, I was vey satisfied given my agenda. Breakfast buffett every morning was great - staff helpful and friendly -- hotel will arrange car for you to airport or wherever you want to go. Room was good, clean - large screen sat TV -- very nice -- only problem is Internet not available most of my stay - so if you depend on that for work, be careful.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

As I used to be out during the mornings, I used the hotel mostly for a peaceful sleep.

Liked:
- Value for money. Although it did not have a health club, spa, or a swimming pool, it fitted my requirement nicely.

- Room was spacious, comfy bed and nice bathroom facilities. There is 24 hour hot water supply contrary to an earlier review and hotel staff are kind to provide additional bath towels and amenities if required. Good room service.

- LCD TVs with good satellite channel coverage.

- Laundry service was efficient. Same day service - delivered by 7pm if handed over early morning.

- Very close to the airports. Maybe not near the main business district - but my trip to Mumbai covered central and south, so this was a good location. There is some construction, but this is present all over the city as it is gearing for the metro. Also, if you are traveling by taxi or rickshaw, mention the hotel's location to be on Andheri - Kurla road, Andheri East, close to the Highway - this may help you avoid unneccessary additional sight-seeing ! Also from the hotel and being familiar with Mumbai and given the construction, I picked up taxi / rickshaws at the highway junction (5 minutes walking distance)

- My breakfast was complimentary and they have variety of items on different days. Restaurant serves lunch and dinner - but I mostly missed the lunch session as I was out. Restaurant albeit looks small, is adequete for dining.

- I had to extend my stay by one more day and chose the same hotel. In my case, was able to give one day prior notice and the staff were accomodating.

- I noticed that guests were mostly business travelers, but did see a family with kids in the lobby - however do not know if they stayed at the hotel.

Disliked:
- The hotel has exended by one more floor (8th floor) , but access to this floor is only by stairs. I asked to be shifted to one of the rooms on the lower levels and the staff accommodated.

- The bathroom wall facing the room is transparent glass. Looks trendy, but very odd - Would suggest if they could atleast glaze the lower portion of the glass wall.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank vright321
delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

It was a very good experience to stay in the Residency hote.
Only one problem we faced.
when we went ahead for check out, lights went off and back up was also not working.
after a wait of approx 1 hr, electricity came and finally we checked out.
when asked the receptionist, she said it happens only twice a year.
but apart from this small bad experience, stay was wonderful.

staff was very courteous, very helpful.

eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

stayed here 1 night...would def stay here again. for an indian hotel its spotless.rooms are good....huge bed ..clean sheets etc, flat screen tv...safe.sofa..coffee table. service was excellent...v efficient.. shuttle to and from airort was excellent and quick. good vlue for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alanaspinall33
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

Pros: 1. Amazing customer service - the front desk staff is super helpful in getting you situated and in answering any questions regarding to sight-seeing. Will give you tips on taxis and safety. Ask for a travel map to find your way around to local sites.

2. Rooms decent for the money. Updated. Bathroom is a bit funky, but how much time do you really spend in the bathroom? It's not like you're sleeping in it.

Cons: 1. Location - it's about 1.5 hours away from all of the major sights (Gateway of India, etc.) which can sometimes be longer once you get stuck in traffic. Skip the taxis and jump on the local trains that lead you to the ChurchGate Station from where you can walk 15-20 minutes to the sites or take a metered cab. You'll save a ton of money on transportation and miss the sketchy cab drivers who will take you the long way in and out of the city in driving the meter up and making more money.

2. Water Issues - This could be a con leading to a very good resolution. The hotel had pipes burst/break during the night of our last stay. Coming back hot and sweaty from a day of sight seeing, we were a bit disgruntled to find that the water was not working. A call to the front desk always answered with "It shall be fixed in 15 minutes." This began at 7:30 p.m. and by 11:30 p.m. the 15 minutes became really too much for me. At 11:30 p.m., when I finally showed some aggravation, the front desk manager said that I can get a bucket of cold water to shower in. I was happy with that. 30 minutes later, the bucket of water didn't arrive. So I finally called and asked if they would like me to come down and get the bucket myself because I couldn't wait another half an hour. In 15 minutes I had the cold water.

Fast forward to next morning - problem wasn't solved. We had to check out, but the hotel promised us that we could come back after our day of sight seeing and they would provide us with another room free of charge for us to shower and change in. This worked out perfectly for us seeing we were leaving Mumbai that evening at 9pm. So a very negative situation turned positive for us.

I understood about the pipes breaking and their hands being tied in getting it resolved. I didn't understand the 5 hour wait to get a bucket of water to shower in.

Other than that...hotel was good!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple