“Good food & good location”

Shivsagar Restaurant
Ranked #595 of 14,795 Restaurants in Mumbai
Neighborhood: South Mumbai
Neighborhood: South Mumbai
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

It's location is perfect, walking distance from Churchgate station, close to office area of Nariman point, near to college so good for students, good for people visiting Nariman point & marine drive, walking distance from Trident, Nariman point & Oberoi, Nariman point.

Food is good, specially their paa bhaji. Even biryani & area dosa were tasty. Portions are good. Not very expensive. Service was attentive & quick.
They serve veg food & also serve liquor.
Nothing special about their interiors or furniture. They can put more bulbs, tubelights etc as it's little dark inside, it's should be little more bright.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Would be 5 stars but the restaurant itself had no real character, nothing to make it stand out. Food was excellent, we had uttapam, aloo methi, roti and dahi kitchri which was a new dish to us. All excellent, mild as requested but not lacking in flavour in any way. Perfect. Staff were attentive and polite. Outside seating area was busy as was inside. Just no spark, no character, nothing to make me say I must come back tomorrow...highly recommend however if you are in the area and need a vegetarian meal.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 30, 2019 via mobile

The attentive staff who very patiently took my order, explained items as best they could and showed me in broken English how to eat the complementary starter dish won me over last night. Tonight I have returned. I generally like to try new places, but honestly - their palak paneer is the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a LOT (although I must confess, not in India before last night)! Highly recommend this vegetarian restaurant if staying near by. The beautiful ocean breeze from the sea a few hundred metres away doesn’t hurt either...

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019

Shivsagar a pure vegetarian restaurant. known for fast food delicacies and mid range eats. slightly overpriced on certain items

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2019

We twice had meals at this restaurant and both the times we were extremely satisfied and happy. Pav Bhaji was excellent, even sarson ka saag and makke ki roti was surprisingly delicious (we did not expect it in Mumbai!!). Chilly Potato, veg noodles, manchurian, veg fried rice... everything was very tasty. Icing on the cake was their sizzling brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream - MUST HAVE and strongly recommended.

Date of visit: December 2018