Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Eye opening tour of Dharavi

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jet224961
Macerata, Italy

All reviews eye opening dharavi slum great tour these guys hip hop music tour guide great insight reality check would highly recommend this tour an eye opener humbling experience friendly guide walking tour maze recycling community rapping
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Very interesting day today on our slum tour with a fantastic guide called Paman. His English was superb which made the tour great! He was informative & interesting & at no time did we ever feel rushed. The tour is well worth doing & is a good price.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rakesh was the perfect guide around Dharavi, he shared many information, curiosities and his personal experience of the area.
I would highly recommend it.

2  Thank Jet224961
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Rounak was our tour guide. He speaks excellent English and is aware of all aspects of Dharavi. He also went out of his way to show us way while returning back. He himself has his business in Dharavi and gave us a 350 degree perspective of the tour. Loved the tour and would definitely vouch for him.

1  Thank Odyssey822455
SlumGods T, Owner at Slumgods Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest, Greetings!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your your wonderful experience. Please, spread the word!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

I took the tour in August and the service was superlative. The trip was interesting; the guide provided a lot of interesting context and was able to answer my questions. After the tour was over I was unable to find a taxi to drive me back to my Hotel. The Mumbai traffic was severe I was worried that I might miss my flight. My tour guide Rakesh went out of his way to stay with me while I was trying to find transportation and offered to find me a ride using his personal Uber app. While the car was coming, he made sure to stay with me and made sure that I was able to get back to my hotel safely. This was an immense relief and without it I would probably have missed my flight. Rakesh's service is an example to anyone in the tourism industry who wishes to make sure customers feel welcomed and taken care of.

Dear Guest, Greetings!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience in detail. We are glad that our guide made you happy. It's our duty and responsibility to take care of our guests and make them feel safe, secured and give the best experience. I am glad that Rakesh helped you with the transportation. Thank you for such a detailed review, it will help others to learn about your experience.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Visiting Dharavi is an experience that you must have in Mumbai. The goal of that tour is not showing just poverty and desperation that everyone imagin when thinking about a Slum. Surely that aspect exists but there is something more: the hidden economy inside it, a city in the city, a world in the world where the rules are different and the establishment is not lead from the government.
So, go to Dharavi open minded, without fear or preconception and just learn.
Slumgods is a perfect association for having this experience. The guides are young and motivated. Raunak was our guide and I absolutely suggest him: he speaks a really good English and has a deep knowledge of Dharavi. He answered to all my questions with conpetence. Ask of him and don't miss this experience, you will see the world from a new point of view.

SlumGods T, Owner at Slumgods Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Guest, greetings from Slumgods!!!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and knowledge. The aim of our tour is to dispel the negative image of slums and show the positive sides of it. Raunak is one of our old guide who is passionate about showing the city to the guests.
Thank you once again for recommending us and our service.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

I am a street photographer. It has always been my dream to visit Dharavi and the only way I can do that is by booking a walking tour. I googled about it and found Slumgods.
I booked a Brisk Beat tour. The tour guide, Ronuk was extremely professional and knowledgeable. He introduced me and my father to the reality of Dharavi, which was an eye-opening experience for us. It was amazing to see that Dharavi had so many
small-scale industries. Overall, it was a truly unforgettable experience. Thank you!

Dear Guest, greetings from Slumgods!!!
Thank you for sharing your experience, it makes us immensely happy to read such an amazing review. Dharavi is an amazing place to see, it has many industries, alleys to explore. Every nook and corner is different and vibrant. It feels great that you and your father had pleasant experience with our guide Ronak. Thank you once again for giving us a chance to show you and your father in and around our community.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a really good and informative tour of Dharavi by Rakesh. It was really eye opening to see the lifestyle people have there.

Dear Guest, greeting from Slumgods!!!
Thank you for sharing your amazing review about us and our service.Please, spread the word!

Reviewed June 9, 2018

Our guide was Maze and he was awesome. He was born and raised in Dharavi, so knew pretty much everything and everyone there. We were a group of 17 people consisting of professors and students from the US and we didn't want the tour to be insensitive to the residents of Dharavi. This tour completely satisfied our educational and cultural needs. I would strongly recommend Slumgods.

SlumGods T, Owner at Slumgods Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Guest, Greetings from SlumGods!
Thank you for your highly positive feedback, it encourages us immensely to do our job best. Maze is one of our popular & dedicated Tour guide who is also a passionate rapper. It's amazing that you and your students had a great experience in our community. We appreciate your efforts to bring your students to Dharavi for educational and cultural learning. Give us more such opportunities to provide you our services. Please, spread the word!

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Did the tour with our family group of 7. Was humbling to see how people live and work in an extremely tough environment. Makes you appreciate what we have in South Africa. Our tour guide was Rakesh. He was open and honest with his commentary and provided a great insight into the inner working of this area. His English was excellent and presentation style engaging. I would highly recommend this experience in Mumbai

Dear Guest, Greetings from SlumGods!
Thank you for writing 5 star review about your pleasant experience with us. It feels great pleasure while reading such positive reviews about our guides who are our backbone. Rakesh is a humble and a passionate guide, he is happy to read your honest appreciation.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Did the tour with rakesh this morning and found it so interesting. He took us around both commercial and residential areas and gave us loads of information I had no idea about before. Was a brilliant tour with a lovely knowledgable and friendly guide. I’d really recommend it.

1  Thank C K

Dear Guest, Greetings from SlumGods!
Thank you very much for sharing your honest feedback about your experience & our wonderful Guide Rakesh. Give us more such opportunities to provide our services. Please, spread the word!