“Its good, but ITC Maratha is better”
Review of ITC Grand Central

ITC Grand Central
Ranked #6 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I have always been staying in ITC Maratha during my Mumbai trips, but this time, my meetings were in Lowar Parel office, so I decided to stay in the ITC Grand Cental, which in my opinion, should have been a similar experience. But it was not, and next time I am going to choose ITC Maratha.
So, the good points fist:

The rooms are very comfortable, well spaced out, bathrooms have everything you need. If you find anything missing just call them and it will be there in minutes.
The food was great! Specially the punjabi food they have. If you are staying there, I must recommend that you try the food there.

Now, the not so good part:
Room service, not sure if this is an one-off case, but the soap and slippers in my room were not new, but used ones! I had to ask for a replacement. This should not be the case for such a hotel. This was a sure miss at the room service quality part, that too while making the room ready for a new customer. This is not the case with Grand Maratha, where I stayed thrice and same excellent service level every time. The daily cleaning service is good, but there were stains on one of the towels, which again is not good for the reputation of the ITC Standards.

So, if I have to stay close to Parel next time, I think I will try some other hotel, and not this one. But most probably, I will still choose ITC Maratha, as the travel to Parel from Andheri is not that bad in an AC Cab.

So, I love the food quality, location, room, and the behavior of the staff there, but the room service was kind of average.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank desiguru
Write a ReviewReviews (2,139)

Reviewed April 8, 2010

What a great hotel! I would definitely go back if I had the chance. Couldn't have been in better hands than in those of the Concierge's team for the tracking of my lost luggage. What could have been a really bad way to start my first trip to India came out as a positive experience thanks to them. And I am so grateful to them for having met with my last minute request for a bouquet of flowers I wanted to give to a friend's mother who kindly invited me home for breakfast. Rest of the staff was also excellent! Being a solo traveller, I felt very safe in this charming area. Could shop in boutiques which were not tourist traps, could walk and feel the real life of Bombay, just short drives from the touristic area and the lovely suburbs. Quality of the food was beyond my expectations. Same for the comfort and luxury of the hotel in general. Wonderful stay! Ever since my return I keep referring this hotel to my friends so I thought I should share my satisfaction on this website!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank EvePo
Reviewed March 18, 2010

If you happen to visit on business trip at Mumbai, staying at the heart of the city might just be best option. ITC Grand central at Lower Parel, Mumbai is just the perfect place to make this happen. Coziest room, excellent room service + the amenities, your TV gets muted as you lift ur room intercom.nicest of the lobbies, great food.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, Its an excellent business hotel located close to South Mumbai but a total pain if you need to go to the western side near Bandra and Juhu due to the traffic situation.

As they say once beaten, twice shy! I will not book here because i am a leisure traveller to Mumbai and most of my friends and relatives reside and frequent the western suburbs and i will choose to stay at the sister hotel: ITC Maratha.

Breakfast is a huge buffet and while i was staying at the hotel, a member of the staff gave me a pass for the fashion show organised by the French embassy. Very nice to mix with the whos whos of Mumbai and the drinks on the rooftop place were nice.

Value for Money: Yes considering it was almost half the price compared to the other hotels in Mumbai at the time.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank d3vski
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I was there for 5 nights recently and was delighted with the choice of hotel. Stayed on the 24th floor and although the room wasn't huge it was spacious enough with a walk in shower and bath tub. AC unit was quiet although you could hear some noise from street level at night. All staff members were courteous and polite and also provided me with items that I had forgot to pack.
The one disdvantage is that there is a lot of traffic around this area with the building of a flyover narrowing the main throughput into other areas of Mumbai. Once built hopefully the endless traffic will improve.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank spongejim
Reviewed February 11, 2010

ITC Grand is a very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and mine was high enough for an excellent view. The roof bar on level 30 had a balcony where it is possible to have a drink on a balmy Mumbai winter night. Amenities like the gym were well equipped, albeit it was a bit small. The only major drawback is the location of the hotel: it is not very central (which is noticeable during rush hour) and the area around it is very poor. Would go back again, though i may consider a more central hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2010

As with all ITC hotels we've stayed at, the decor, accommodations, and service are top notch. There is always a large contingent of security personnel at the entrance to ensure your safety, but they are always friendly and eager to assist.
Our rooms were on par with other 4 star hotels and the amenities (those that are free) are always of the highest caliber. The only thing is that their a la carte restaurants and business center are extremely overpriced. We ate at their regular restaurant on several occasions and the buffets are good value for the quality and diversity of food. We also ate at their "Kabobs" restauarant and the food is only on par with good Indian cuisine in our home city of Toronto (but 2.5X the price!).
Overall a great experience, especially if you can get a discount somehow.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple