ITC Grand Central
$107
$64
  • Breakfast included
2,495 results
All reviewsk kpoint of viewchef rajanshanghai clubguest relationsbusiness tripkebabspecial thanksdosasamazing hospitalityspecial mentionmemorable staycoffee shopchinese restauranthome away from homerooms are spaciousbreakfast buffet is
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Positives - decent location, good property, good lunch and breakfast options, good rooms, great helpful service, friendly front office staff
Negatives - toddler pool was under renovation
Overall, would recommend, especially if you get a good deal on their website!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
itcgrandcentral, General Manager at ITC Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from ITC Grand Central, Mumbai!!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable.

Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed with my folks at Grand Central while they were at a conference in Mumbai. The hotel was and service was good, but that is something one expects with the price. The room service menu options were good, but the downside was whatever we wanted was not available. Pizza the first day... oven was broken; Steak the next day... out of stock... I'd say 50/50 on recommending it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
itcgrandcentral, General Manager at ITC Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Greetings from ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai

Thank you so much for your feed-back.

We at ITC take great pride in our culinary skills and our heritage cuisine hence your comments are truly valuable to us and we’ve duly noted the same after getting to learn our oven w
as not smoothly functioning we’ve taken immediate measures to getting it repaired.

We do look extremely forward to your next visit in your near future and promise to ‘wow’ you the next trip round.
Warmest regards

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel is regal, and old. A few of the electronics, like the elevators, don't work perfectly and the fixtures are getting a bit worn down. However, it has its charm and it all kind of works considering the history of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and they did a wonderful think during Holi for their guests. However, if you compare the prices and other hotels in the city I have to mark it down a bit as they have some work to do to bring this back up to what was its previous grandeur.

The restaurant food was great, really good. The roaches in the bar were a bit of a turnoff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
itcgrandcentral, General Manager at ITC Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Greetings from ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai

Thank you so much for your valuable feed back.

We pride in ourselves in our culinary skills and our brand is known exceptionally well for it's heritage culinary skills and cuisine.

We do look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

ITC Grand Central prides itself on being a responsible luxury. I could not disagree more.

First, the toilet never flushed properly. I had to flush almost 5 times to clear it. It was neither luxurious nor was it responsible given the amounts of water used.

Second, the bathroom scale was not working

Third, my bathrobe disappeared after the first day of stay and was neither hung up nor changed.

Fourth, I was surprised by the lack of a shaving cream /gel among the toiletries.

Fifth, I had to run the washbasin tap for close to 5 minutes before any warm /hot water came out of it. Definitely a waste of time and a waste of water.

From a business angle,
Sixth, I could not find a long sheet of paper in the room to do any writing on. All that I could find was small pieces of paper and they were not sufficient for me to write on. Nor could I find an envelop or a pen. Not very business friendly.

Seventh, the phone in the room just would not work. I got a beeping sound everytime I lifted it to contact the front desk, which meant I was not interested in letting the hotel know of the problems or asking for stuff. I had to make close to 10 tries by plugging and unplugging the phone handset before I could contact the front desk.

Eighth, I was charged Rs 50/-+ service tax for a single page of black and white printout at your business center. While one expects higher prices in luxury hotels, this charge is what is termed "daylight robbery". A print out in a store outside costs Rs 5/- and this is not a luxury service in any form. It is just an essential service and by charging Rs 50/- for someone like me in need for a quick printout (say a boarding pass or a ticket or a document), I felt like I was being held to ransom and was not an invited guest.

From a food angle
Ninth, the soup at the morning buffet was cold on both days.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Out of the multiple ITC properties we stayed out, this location had the largest breakfast offering and very good food (although not quite as tasty as the ITC Windsor Bangalore). Service overall was pretty good and Udit of the front desk team particularly stood out -> his care and concern was truly stellar and he went out of his way to try to help us!

The location was really good (e.g. 20 - 30 minutes to Colaba in traffic) and made it an easy launching point to South and North Mumbai for our exploration. The property is just simply so beautiful, though it's a shame they don't allow guests to explore all of the gardens (apparently reserved for private functions or by express permission). The Lounge (including for Platinum Starwood members) is one of the highlights -> gorgeous views from the top of the hotel with a very nice happy hour. The spa facilities are also very nice, but the swimming pool was much too cold for us.

On the flip side, the hotel did have an unusual 3 device internet limit and the rooms were a little bit dated technology wise -> there are very few outlets and they almost all require adapters.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
itcgrandcentral, General Manager at ITC Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Greetings from ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai

Thank you for your valuable feed back on Trip Advisor.

It gives us immense joy that you had a fabulous stay. Will convey your regards and message to our colleague Udit.

Warmest regards,