1,167 results
All reviews aksa beach sea facing madh island swimming pool direct access great weekend deluxe rooms buffet spread higher floor beautiful property standard room restaurant staff courteous staff memorable stay his team arabian sea food quality
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2018

This is a really good ressort with excellent facilities and really friendly and helpful staffFood was excellent with a special mention to Osdin our personal guide around the menu The swimming poil is beautiful and intact m'y husband who has travelled around most of the world Saïd it was the best pool he had been in. We had a villa which was huge with a good seaviewThe beach though is dirty by Western standards I wouldnt hesitate to recommend the hotel and hope to revisit one day when hopefully green tea will be part of the buffet

Room tip: Villa well worth the cost as it has a jaccusi and sauna and comfortably sleeps 4 on 2 floors
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Val G
fom1976, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear Val,

Greetings!

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for choosing The Resort Mumbai during your recent stay in Mumbai and thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we are humbled by your gracious compliments on the hotel and its services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Easter brunch ...gooood
As like always we reached resort for Easter brunch , the regular fun and fair was as usual the scene at the restaurant has changed its new and renovated excellent food with 5 non veg display including mutton and Goan fish curry . desserts were outstanding with all display and superb Easter festivity style decor eggs and classic vegetarian dishes . Every thing looked like upscale and upmarket were it went missed was the band loud and not matching the relaxed resort environment though the efforts to bring forward a traditional Indian music was done however for a 4 star of this calibre they could have arranged quality attire and gave then a corner by toning down the volume
Further once the restaurant had more people then us the waiters literally kept ignoring and basic spoons and forks were to be asked at one moment another table people picked up one fork from us
Thank you Allan and team for welcoming us as always great hotel indeed

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Ritesh,

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for having stayed at The Resort, Mumbai.

I am certainly disappointed to read that certain aspects of your stay here did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been a very good learning for us and we will reemphasize the need to be attentive and consistent.

Thank you once again and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a more positive impression.

Thank you once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 21, 2018

I have been staying frequently at this resort over many years. It has recently been renovated, a long process over the past two years. The lobby has been upgraded as are the rooms. They are nice, reasonably spacious, modern amenities, also having sea facing rooms with a good view of the ocean. The food is good so is the breakfast. Indian and Continental variety.
The staff in the dining area needs a refresher course in customer service. Here is the big difference from the earlier set of staff members. Indian breads are to be eaten off the pan, but i was told that could not be provided. One had to select this from what is kept on the buffet table. This invariably tends to be chewy when kept closed in a dish. Need to change this attitude. Good place to relax as it is away from the city.
I will continue to visit again

Room tip: Sea facing
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest.

Thank you once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Had booked this place for office gathering of 50 pax , excellent and wide variety of food and deserts,very courteous staff.good ambience for kids and the pool was also very well maintained. The location gives you a feel of being out of Bombay

Trip type: Traveled on business
Satyajit_Kotwal, General Manager at The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear Amit,

Thank You for the feedback.

Your kind words mean a lot to us.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Cheers
Satyajit

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

I have been in this Resort multiple times when in the country..But use to be lazy on posting reviews.But a friend pointed out to me recently that reviews are very critical most times as it helps in making the right decision on going to the place or not.Truth for the matter is ..I do the same.I check the reviews as well before going to places.With that said let me begin my saga...
The place was under renovation when I had last visited this place last year.Most of its work is done now & I must say it is looking very impressive...there is work still in progress though.First of all would like to thank the front desk staff for excellent experience I got during check-in it was prompt and fast .Got the welcome drink as well. This time I took my parents to this property as it was my pop's birthday thought we will celebrate it here.
Got the sea facing room .Which is absolutely fantastic .It's an awesome experience to sit out in the balcony and feel the breeze and look at the sea.
They had an absolute blast .When hunger pangs struck us all ..We went for their buffet spread which was really nice as well.The food was good on the palate & had decent amount of variety for any food addict
The resort is at the beach it self and has a private entry & exit points to the beach which connects to the public beach.
The pool was nice and clean .My
Daughter had loads of fun in the pool.
After a long fun filled day it was dinner time and once again we devoured the food .Deserts were nice as well.
Well it was a fun filled stay at this venue with the ever smiling front desk staff. When I had informed them it was my pop's birthday they were sweet enough to send a cake a well for him .Would like to thank Alan the captain of this ship ,Ryan,Vineet and team for their assistance at all points.
With multiple hotels & resorts being there in this city.Its critical to have the right customer service or experience to be given to leave an impression on a person .
My parents who travel often outside India were very much impressed with the property & customer experience they got.
1 AOI I could think of is that they need to keep the children play area a little clean .There was a lot of dirt on the slide and play items.It needs to be maintained better ,on urgent basis.As you will have families with kids who would really want to paly on them the minute they see it .Well us it was not much of a downer as rest of the experience was fabulous for us to overlook it .
Will definitely plan another trip here once again soon.
P.S cheers to the ever smiling guards at the entrance as well.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sachin,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for taking your precious time to write and share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was our pleasure to be at your service. Your positive comments about our associates,services and facilities are thoroughly appreciated. I will be sharing your feedback with our team members who will be delighted to be recognized and acknowledged in such a courteous manner.

It is our privilege to be of service to you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Resort Mumbai in the future.

Warm Regards,