“Excellent weekend gateway in Mumbai !!!”
Review of The Resort

The Resort
Ranked #52 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The best thing about the resort is its location. It is located the Aksa beach which will give a feel of Goa. View from room is simply superb...
Great ambience..well maintained rooms and best part was the beach facing pool.
We loved this place !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kavita24

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good Property. Located on the Aksa beach (public beach). Well maintained property with a very good swimming pool, very nice buffet restaurant with a big variety of dishes overlooking the pool, games available like TT, foosball table etc ...

Service of restaurant, banquet staff and bell boys is very good and efficient.

Few Hiccups:

Check in and check out takes forever ..
Non friendly check in staff and lobby manager ..

As of now 1st floor rooms are the renovated ones and much better than the other floors.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 1st floor are renovated as of now and are much better than the other floors ..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank mchetan2004
Reviewed May 3, 2013

...great resort...not so far from the madding crowd!!
Food is awesome..!!...well maintained lawns!
However, staffs need to be more courteous, may be they need better training or pay!
The conference halls at the under ground needs to be provided with better wi-fi facility.

Room Tip: select the upper floor rooms at the sea side end.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank Pratap_guha
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Excellent Property. U walk in and Bell Boys and Ushers greet u with a smile. The Good things end there.. U walk into the reception to check in... There is only one reception table. I walk over to the guy at the counter who was attending a customer, No SMILE, No Greeting.. He asks me "Yes?" ,, I say,, i need to check in.. He says "Wait there.. we will call you.. " I am surprised... I realised i have made a mistake by choosing this property.. I see many other customers waiting around for their turn to check in. No Please... no Welcome.. No politeness.. He takes around 25 mins for each customer to check in..

I am waiting for an hour.. finally i loose patience i see a table which says Lobby Manager.. who was at his desk i dunno doing what.. i ask him.. I have a booking with you.. am waiting for an hour here to check in,.. Do you have only one check in counter and staff ? He rudely looks at me and points me to the check in table.. says "Yes.. and he is doing the job., Let me check you in.. "

Thankfully He volunteers to check me in.. He looks at my Booking receipt.. says i have to swipe my card as they have not received a payment confirmation? I am surprised again.. I dig up my Expedia confirmation email and show it to him on my phone which states "This is a prepaid booking and the amount has already been deducted from my card at the time of booking" Post which he says.. I will need to check internally and get back. He then calls up his house keeping to arrange for a Deluxe room. While arranging for the room he was murmuring something in local hindi language to someone saying "Jod de" Which means join it.. I thought that he was referring to join rooms via opening inter room door for another family who had booked 2 rooms..

Finally i get into my room post 1 hr 15 mins.. and i realise the plot.. they gave me a room with two single beds which were joined together.
I was too tired to fight anymore…

While check out.. i asked the lobby manager. about what was booking made for? was it for a double bed or two single beds? he said the booking had no specific requests.. I again dig up the email and show it to him saying it was clearly specified that it was a double bed, which was chosen while booking. At this he had the audacity to tell me that it is purely based on room availability and customers are never given an confirmed option for type of rooms.

This was the most Rude, Impolite and Audacious staff i have seen in a Premium property. My suggestion to others looking to invest their money for stay at The Resort, Malad, Mumbai --- Look Elsewhere..

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe Rooms they have sea views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
21  Thank Hemal P
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Resort is situated on Aksa beach . It is a well maintained property which abounds in greenery.
The main building is old and needs a fresh coat of paint but the interiors are beautifully done and the rooms are lovely with a great view . We had adjoining rooms which we found quite
comfortable . The bathrooms were nice but the equipment seemed dated with no spray jet.
There was wide variety of food in the buffet , the breakfast buffet was fantastic .

We had a great time lazing around in the hammock and swimming pool , taking long walks on the beach .The beach was the prime location for enjoying the sunset . We had lots of fun playing table tennis , foosball and billiards ( Had to pay Rs 335 for half an hour for the latter , the management should make all the facilities available for free for the residents. )

The approach road from Malad to INS Hamla is horrible and we spent nearly 35 minutes both ways . Hopefully the road repair work will be completed in the next couple of weeks .

We would definitely revisit .

Room Tip: Take the sea facing rooms .
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank ASG123
Reviewed April 24, 2013

It has been around for considerably long time so now it needs a makeover. The fittings and furnishings are outdated and worn. But you actually do not not mind this state of things, only, and only because of the view. The service is poor and borders on rudeness. The staff cannot even smile either because they are unhappy employees or they have settled in their secure jobs and do not care about Courtesy and Care. Food is mostly buffet and has a big spread but not always up to mark. It was stale and old at times. Certainly not acceptable. We had a room on the 6th floor facing the ocean and it made up for everything that was missing. The spa and salon staff had a totally 'dont care' attitude which made you feel totally unwelcome. But the spa is well maintained and clean.
Service with a smile is a motto this hotel does not understand. The location of the hotel is good but the food carts outside on the beach are an eyesore and make the beach filthy. The number of crows near the pool and in trees there is perhaps the result of the trash outside. They distract you with their constant cawing. And dead fish droppings on your balconies can be a deterrent to sit out. Its such a pity that with this location on the beach and accessible proximity to the city this hotel has failed to live up to the hospitality industry tradition.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean facing rooms on higher floors. Thats the best part of staying here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Seema B
fom1976, General Manager at The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to post your review about your experience at The Resort, Madh Marve Mumbai.

I would like to thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. I am happy to note that you liked the view of the hotel. Our hotel is under renovation, as first floor renovation is done, all floors will be done and during that time furniture will be changed. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to some service issues. We have shared your comment with the entire team and will ensure to take appropriate training measures to avoid such experience by any of our guest in future. We have discussed the buffet issue with our Executive Chef and will take the corrective measure to make it better.

We do use guest feedback as an integral way of examining our operations and, where necessary, implementing changes that will benefit the overall guest experience at the Resort. As such, your concerns will be taken into account and reviewed, so that we can minimize any similar experience for future guests.

You may kindly be rest assured that more than our reputation, customer care is our paramount concern and we take all precautions, to prevent such incidents.

We hope that you had enjoyed other aspects of your stay with us. You are a valuable guest and we very much look forward to restore your confidence by having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards
Anuj Prakash
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed 1 night at the Resort. 12 April 2013. The traffic to the hotel was terrible. Very far and also far from other places. Everything in the hotel is very costly. The bathtub is stained and very old. We stayed in room #502. The room is not small, but the bathroom is old.

I made call to my Indian friends. 3 calls, 6-7 minutes in total, it cost me 400Rs. I was shocked when I checked out and saw the bill.

Though the staff was all nice, but in my opinion, if you want to enjoy Mumbai, and don't want to be this isolated, better pick other hotel. The hotel is very far and traffic jam all the time.

The beach at the hotel, not recommended to swim. It is too hot to walk during daytime. Also it was very windy till we should stay inside the hotel and skip all outdoor activities. But again, everything is costly, we then just watch TV and hire expensive rickshaw to go outside. (Expensive since it is very very far from other attractions)

And breakfast buffet is to serve Indian people only.

I will not go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: It is all old decoration, so no difference.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple