“One stop solution for all your business suit needs”
Review of SS Homme

SS Homme
Ranked #53 of 179 Shopping in Mumbai (Bombay)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: SS HOMME is a menswear label based in Mumbai and Pune. SS HOMME is a luxury menswear design house that offers 3 sub labels: SS HOMME Bespoke, SS HOMME Couture & SS HOMME SSentric. The labels offer hand crafted suits, Tuxedos, Bandhgalas & Sherwanis, as well as hand craftedmaccessories such as leather briefcases, shoes, belts, tuxedo sets, cufflinks and ties. The label commemorates the art of traditional tailoring through the bespoke process, providing distinguished service to the discerning gent. Garments are constructed from the finest fabrics such as Italian and English worsted wool, Egyptian Cotton, Pure Raw Silk and their natural fibre blends. Drop into the store to get a private consultation. By appointment only.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

On my business trip to Mumbai this year, I read about SS HOMME Menswear in the Economic Times. Wanting to get a bespoke blazer stitched for myself, I visited their studio in Bandra one evening. What amazed me were the innumerable fabric options they house! The brand's consultants were very helpful in designing an entire ensemble as per my requirements. If you happen to visit SS HOMME, do not miss out on their printed linings and quirky accessories!
Accommodating my time constraints, they delivered a perfectly fitted jacket within just 2 weeks!

What I found is that though the quality standards maintained at SS HOMME are at par with luxury brands back home in Perth, their pricing is better and the garments are more affordable. This makes SS HOMME a very practical choice for bespoke clothing.

Also, if you are pressed for time, the brand has just started their ready to wear collection consisting of suits, jackets, shirts, office accessories and so on.

2  Thank Adrian H
SS-HOMME, Manager at SS Homme, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Thank you Adrian for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Mumbai.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I travel often and the nature of my business often requires me to make prolonged trips abroad. This time the city happened to be Mumbai. Being very particular about my suits, I was left upset when my formal suit was ruined by the local laundry service. While returning from a meeting I randomly came across this studio called SS Homme and it proved to be the solution to my dilemma. They provided a great Bespoke service and made me a new suit even better than the one that was ruined. I got some more classic suits made here and I highly recommend SS Homme for their superior quality tailoring and fabric selection.

2  Thank TheMarkChapman
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Coming from London, I'm pretty well-versed with the term bespoke and the experience that comes along with it. Sadly, other than my one experience at Savile Row, I've never really found something else that was even remotely close to them.

As I am a frequent traveller to Mumbai, India, I found SS Homme, a bespoke store for menswear suitings. This is probably the only place that gave me something similar, with a youthful touch to the entire process. Young team behind it & excellent range of fabric options. They work by prior appointments only, so I suggest you call/email them first. I was in Mumbai for 3 weeks, which allowed me to get 2 well-cut suits that would have cost me an exorbitant amount in London! Had 3 fittings with the team, and my body type was pretty easy to work with - is what I was told.

They're based in Bandra West, which was a 40 minute drive from the Oberoi Hotel, where I was staying.

Definitely worth checking out! Can't go wrong with their business suits.

9  Thank EdwardGroven