“It is one of the best hotels in Mumbai”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Trident, Nariman Point is located in the heart of Mumbai's business district. The hotel is approximately 19 km from Bandra, 15 km from Dadar, and 3 km from CST railway station.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
sanjusoni, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

Arrived at the hotel after what can only be described as the taxi journey from Hell!! DO not trust the pre-paid taxi service at Mumbai domestic terminal 1a!?! I arrived needing to see a doctor and the hotel staff really looked after us, they patched my injured leg up, upgraded our room and promptly sent a doctor up once we had settled in. We were in a city facing room (you can get bay view rooms, but to be honest the smog was so bad when we were there that it is not worth paying the extra money) which had just been refurbished, and was unlike anyhting I had ever stayed at in India before! Very modern and really comfortable, It was a short walk to all of the main sights in Mumbai, including Colaba and Fort Areas, the central station (surely the busiest place on the planet) and Crawford market to name but a few. There is also an Inox cinema just across the road. It is also a very easy walk around to Chowpatty beach. Breakfast in the hotel was stunning and worth paying out for if not included in your hotel room package.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
sanjusoni, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

Reviewed March 4, 2010

On this visit to India I stayed in 2 Trident Hotels and both tried to overcharge me. I hate at checkout to have to discuss about the total.
At the Trident in Mumbai I had to produce a copy of my e-mail confirmation which I had shown when I checked in. This showied the price and they then made a copy of it and eventually agreed that the price on the reservation is what I would be charged. I had made the reservation on line directly with the hotel so no one else was involved.

When leaving for the airport all you need is incompetence at the front desk. As I stood waiting for the price issue to be resolved I filled out one of the managment questionaires, but of course never heard anything.

Almost exactly the same thing happened at the Trident in Agra so I believe that the chain is dishionest and has a policy of overcharging.

They may have nice properties but I recomend avoiding this hotel chain.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alistair_MacDonald
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This was my 2nd business trip at Trident. Rooms are not large but comfortable with a great view of the sea. Also loved the layout and clean lines in the room. Really comfortable bed. I must give my compliments to Frangipani restaurant - they had a great salad (had it 3 days in a row) and the staff there who were so accommodating to my group. Only gripe is that the jasmine scent in the lobby is strong. Otherwise, I would recommend this hotel to business travellers.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
sanjusoni, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2010

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point. I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction.

I sincerely regret you had a cause to complain with regards to the diffusers placed in the hotel. As a standard we do use these diffusers in various locations in all our hotels.

We value your feedback as, it is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

As we checked in, first bad impression was that our room wasn't ready. We were there an hour after check in, so it should have been ok, however this was rectified by the fabulous Seek gentleman at reception, name started with J, he was excellent under pressure - however rooms not being ready isn't his problem.

They sorted us out with coffees, and then we moved on.

The room i had was stunning and a great view. Mumbai is a mixed bag of goods, incredulously rich people and then of course the slums.

I was annoyed at no free internet. That really gets my goat, i believe that internet is a free commodity these days, and actually pick hotels according with this rationale.

We were there for a conference, and for the third best hotel in Mumbai, we will NEVER had a conference there again. For a hotel that's so notoriously famous (mumbai killings last year took place in this hotel), the service was great in all areas except the conference. it was dated, disgusting and bad service et al.

I want to make a special mention to a girl from the concierge - i think her name was Divda (sorry if i got that wrong) she was the best concierge i've ever had and i've been staying 5 star for a year. ANY hotel would be honored to have her, and she wore the keys to Mumbai like i've never seen anyone.

She was able to hit obscure requests like a true professional. I wanted to get a tattoo, she was able to call and book a place, negotiate prices etc, (and i appreciate that tattoo parlours aren't so 5 star). The most impressive skill she had was being able to book us on a Dhavari Slum tour, which was fully booked with the awesome 'reality tours'. With less than 12 hours notice, the day before Holi, she was able to get it done at no extra cost. Her skils were incredidible - i mean i expect a lot from concierge, she exceeded like a dream. If you ever get to read this review. 'Thank you from the DTCM roadshow'.

would i stay there again. Probably not, as i'll be in mumbai predominantly for business, i think next time it will be Taj once it fully re-opens. I think there may be a nice Hyatt there as well. it was good, but for the price i've stayed better.

One thing to mention though - The India Jones restaurant was excellent. Really top class food from all over Asia.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank thunderdownunder

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Your generous compliments have been passed on to my team members for making your stay a comfortable one. It is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

I was most distressed to learn about your feedback on the service during the conference. Let me assure you that the issues have been taken up with all the seriousness that it deserves and corrective action has been implemented to avoid such incidents occurring in the future.

With regards to your concerns on Internet service, as this service is outsourced we do have some additional expense attached to this service.

We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you and would like to assure you that we will provide you with the best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed February 28, 2010

This hotel has it all: great location, excellent rooms, very attentive staff, a stunning pool area with a beautiful view along the "Queens necklace" and a beautiful little visited garden.
We will definetely stay there again when in Mumbai.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
sanjusoni, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2010

Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stayed at the Trident Nariman Point for 1 night on the occasion of my 1st month wedding anniversary and chose a ocean facing deluxe room on the 21st floor (Executive floor)...

Top Class is all we can say..

Its a plush room with picturesque views of the Marine Drive and the Sea... its as if we were staying rite in the middle of the Ocean... The rooms are very well done ...

The service was impeccable with a personalized Executive Desk to service guests and a Exclusive Lounge with a fine breakfast menu..

We chose to go for breakfast at the Frangipani which has a huge spread and definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Mumbai..

The room service was prompt and indeed a pleasure... smiling staff are the cherry on the cake...

The Fitness Centre and the Pool Area are very luxurious..

Overall, we would recommend any business / tourist traveller to consider the Trident in Mumbai.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
sanjusoni, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2010

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

We are pleased to know that the services and facilities offered to you are to your satisfaction. It is feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to strive towards excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.