“So glad I chose the Trident” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Nariman Point

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #7 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London
“So glad I chose the Trident”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I'd normally have chosen a hotel convenient for the airport but I had business in downtown Mumbai this time so chose this hotel in the business district. It takes about 1.5 hours through the traffic to reach the Trident from the airport. As it happened, however, I was pleasantly surprised when, in a car booked effortlessly and not too expensively through the hotel, we soon reached the expressway to take us into the Maharashtrian countryside towards Pune. Worthwhile remembering for next time.

I had booked an Ocean view room and it did not disappoint. The view was stupendous and the 23rd floor Club room was unaffected by the tumult that can be Mumbai's background music.

The room was clean and chicly furnished with an attention to detail and finishing that is sadly still absent in most of India. One does get the impression that Oberoi are very aware of the standards of their competitors and go all out to meet and exceed these expectations. The bed, linens and towels were sparking white and I was particularly impressed with the shower, probably one of the best I have encountered anywhere in my travels around the world. Beware, though, that you might struggle with the shower door if you are less than svelte. There are nice touches in the bathroom such as a hairdryer and cotton wool pads and a magnifying mirror for make-up application.

Reception staff took the time to explain all of the features of my room, including the international socketry, blackout blind operation, safe and free litre of bottled water per day. I really got the impression that the staff could not do enough for me without being ingratiating.

I elected to pay a daily rate for wifi, which connected rapidly and was fast and stable.

I was dieting on the first evening so elected to go to Frangipani for a buffet salad. Leaves and vegetables were fresh and the grilled fish was perfectly cooked. The following morning breakfast buffet included an omelette and not-too-stale croissants, which were perfectly acceptable. The fruit and juices were delicious.

That evening, after a busy and tiring day I went to the Club Bar on the 28th floor and was surprised that a cocktail bar did not list a cocktail as basic as a Dry Martini. Apparently a Mohito was off the menu too and I asked for a Bellini. When it eventually came - I wonder if India in general has a problem with Indian women in Indian clothes drinking alcohol alone - I had a short debate with the young waiter about whether or not my Bellini should actually have contained some sparkling wine. When the error was eventually rectified, - it's a training need for young men who aren't used to Western-style beverages - the hotel could not have been more embarrassingly charming and took every opportunity to apologise and compensate me for their mistake. Aw.

I found the food at the restaurants: the piano bar; Frangipani and India Jones very good if really very pricey for what it was bearing in mind that the hotel room rates are very low compared with many international equivalents. London prices, really. A woman on her own, I was a little nervous of eating outside the hotel but I think I shall explore this option more fully next time.

The next morning I used the very well-equipped gym. Just a little quibble that the resistance weight selection seemed more in tune with bodybuilding men than for us ladies to tone our thighs and triceps but it's only a tiny observation.

I enjoyed the background music tremendously but it might not have been equally to the liking of non-jazz fans. I know how cross they can get!

All in all my stay was extremely enjoyable and I shall look for an opportunity to stay here again next time I come to India.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is a must!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

We are very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Your feedback on the service at the Trident Club lounge has been noted and I have shared the same with my team.

We value your feedback; as it is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Your feedback is most valuable to us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (983)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Good service, friendly staff, clean and comfortable. The hotel is also close to some good restaurants (other than its own) and walking distance to Colaba, Gateway etc. Our transfer from the airport was still there even though our flight was a little late and it was great to have a cold towel and cold water on the way to the hotel. Staff are happy to advise on sightseeing, Cashier desk provides good exchange rates and the breakfasts are awesome!

Room Tip: Premier Ocean View rooms have a great sunset view!
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

I thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very nice hotel, with great service and a peaceful atmosphere. A nice break from the noise and tumult of Mumbai. The food was excellent with a wonderful buffet at the Frangipani even if a little pricey by India standards.

Room Tip: There are ocean view and city view rooms. I felt that the less expensive city view rooms were a lot...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 1, 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you for posting your views about Trident, Nariman Point on Trip advisor.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here during our India travels and was the best hotel that we stayed at by far.

All the staff and concierge were great and really helpful!

We only ate breakfast here, which was superb! Food there was great!

Pool was great too and gym was top notch too.

Location was ideal.

The rooms were fantastic and the bed really comfy, with great views over the sea.

Only complaint was that you had to pay for WiFi.. seems strange for a top end hotel in this day and age.

Would certainly stay here again and recommend this to everyone

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the reception on the 28th floor as you can hear all the calls and people comi...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, April 22, 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We have noted your feedback on the internet service. We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers. We will be happy to offer this package to you for your future visits.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were here as part of a Kuoni tour of Southern India. We were lucky to be upgraded on arrival to a really quite huge suite. We had views over the bay – perfect for the sunset – and the room was clean and well appointed. There were lots of thoughtful touches like electronically controlled blackout blinds and a night light, and there was TV, radio, alarm clock, high count cotton bedding, safe, AC and etc. The bathroom was large and generously laid out with two sinks, a shower and a bath, lots of towels (and they give you the option of not changing them – or the bedding – daily which in this day and age and in a hot country short of water I particularly appreciate) and really lovely toiletries. There was also a separate space for your luggage so you weren't falling over your cases all the time. Breakfast in the Frangipani restaurant was generous with a large range of hot and cold ready made dishes, a menu on the table of western and Indian dishes cooked to order, and an omelette bar. The variety of dishes was fantastic. The same restaurant also serves dinner and they have a variety of European choices, but also some Indian dishes. The evening we were there there was also a buffet which was good value for money. Starters were mainly salads, there was a very wide variety of Indian rice, meat and vegetarian dishes with Indian breads on the menu and to order. The dessert choices were wide and varied and there was even cheese and coffee. The other restaurant was pan-Asian but looked quite expensive so we didn’t eat there. We left early our second morning and we could have had a packed breakfast but there is a coffee shop in the lounge that served a range of fruits, pastries and cereals, with fresh coffee and tea to order from 5am. It was very good. There is a swimming pool with huge towels and lots of loungers, there is also a steam room and gym, and there was a spa menu in our room but we didn’t have time to use those. Kuoni organised us a tour of Elephanta Island and Caves (which is a boat trip) in the morning, and a city tour in the afternoon, both of which are highly recommended. There is a business centre, the only thing this hotel needs to be completely perfect is free Wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks Marine Drive
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 2, 2014

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction.

With regards to your concerns on Internet service, as this service is outsourced, we do have some additional expense attached to this service. We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers. We would be happy to offer you the package for your future visits.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Great. Hotel great location service is first rate .we had a Buffett lunch after early start which lovely so was dinner in the Restaurant

Only minor complaint no free internet and the rate. Are expensive 990rfor 24 hours

Room good great view

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel.

We do have packages inclusive of internet. We will be pleased to offer you the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is inclusive of breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfer. We would be happy to offer you the package for your future visits.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay at the Trident, Nariman Point. Great location overlooking the sea and Marine Drive area. Well appointed room with excellent amenities. Cozy lobby comfortable to meet guests. Restaurant attached served excellent breakfast! We look forward to coming back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank globerUS
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience about stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team.