“Excellent Property Marred By Non-Opening Windows”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #10 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent Property Marred By Non-Opening Windows”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at this lovely property recently for almost a week. During that time you get to know a hotel quite well. The amenities and in-house restaurants on offer are not in doubt, and the service levels are simply outstanding. However, I was on a lecture tour of the country, and found that all the windows were completely sealed, so you had to make use of the recirculatory air conditioning, which of course didn't bring any fresh air into the hotel bedroom, Because if this, I tried sleeping with the air conditioning off, but that only made the room unbearably hot. On day three I developed a sore throat and upper respiratory tract infection, which of course on a lecture tour is not good for business. After much begging and pleading from myself, the Duty Manager graciously but reluctantly agreed to open the sealed windows on the last day.

So - if you want a First Class property in Mumbai, and you are used to living and sleeping in air conditioning, then I would certainly choose this very grand property. If, however, you are like me, and prefer fresh air, then I would suggest you try somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward190
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

We have noted your feedback, however please be informed that we do not open the windows in the room due to safety reasons. The wind velocity at times is very high.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,061)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jaipur, India
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here for a week. The location is perfect!
The rooms were clean and decent for a good business hotel but not very child friendly.
But would definitely recommend it!
The sea view rooms have a breathtaking view. After being tired from a long meeting...a drink with that view is all that one can ask for.

• Stayed January 2014

Surrey, UK
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A very good hotel located on Marine Drive with great views of the bay. The buffet breakfast was the best we had in India. Service was generally excellent: our only criticism would be of the waiters at breakfast. It was very difficult to attract anyone’s attention, even when they weren’t busy - staff would look around the room without ‘seeing’. This is unacceptable in a hotel of this standard.

And why does a hotel of this calibre make exorbitant charges to access WiFi? Shouldn't this be included in the room rate?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay.

Your feedback on the restaurant service has been noted and I have personally shared the same with the concerned team members and assure you that the team has been briefed and assure you that greater care will be taken in the future. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please note that the internet service is outsourced and has additional charge attached to it.

We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers. We would be happy to offer you the package for your future visits.

We thank you for your valuable feedback, which will definitely help us in improving our service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Vadodara, India
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It was wonderful experience to stay at Trident , Mumbai. It was awsome view of Arabian sea from the hotel and you can feel it walking few steps accross the road. You can expience best level of comfort and service.
The wide range in morning buffet breakfast...was ultimate experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and comfortable....and facing the sea is the the lifetime experience.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

we left the Taj across from India Gate since we needed a hotel that was more sensitive to the handicap we did have a few problems but our travel services at
Cox and Kings stepped in and everything in the end was marvelous we had the cleanest room we had in five cities in India our housekeeper was PUSHPA the sad part the hotel has not realized her talents and let her train staff on treating guests and going the extra mile in service the hotel does not have great food but the breakfast staff we had during our first visit was superb on our return we could not figure out what had happened the hotel rotates teams ugh we thought we were at a different hotel we also want to recognize the young lady named Rohi and the young man in the business center maybe his name was Joel he is working on his doctorate at Mumbai U..................do not do not use the young lady with the gold keys on the concierge team Notice the hotel has a problem getting you cabs etc.. even if you tip if they don't think you are in the big leagues you will be discriminated against and god forbid those of us who need special assistance we are generally very good tippiers but we just wont give a tip to tip if you need help in India Cox and Kings is the place to go

Room Tip: do not ask for the 33rd floor if there is a party or meeting upstairs you will know it until the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. We thank you for sharing your experience about stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My colleagues and me stayed at The Trident for over 3 weeks of Jan/Feb 2014. My room at 31st floor was amazing with nice sea view. My stay was quite comfortable. Service was excellent. Enjoyed my stay truly!

Room Tip: Go for Club lounge floors to enjoy the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My cousins and I stayed at The Trident first week of March 2014.The hotel is large and busy but the service was excellent. At strategic places in the hotel they had staff that always welcomed you or said hello. One never felt abandoned like the way one would feel say at The Park in Delhi. Cordial staff, very service oriented indeed. Upon entering the hotel, you would just say yes this is 5*, clean well organised n receptive. The check in was seamless as was the check out. None of this running about looking at the use of minibar if one had used anything!Impressive. The rooms, lucky for us, facing the ocean impeccable, well stocked, spacious,office space, very clean, looks house keeping has a sharp eye and keen to help. We faulted nothing. Linen and turning down beds were just added bonus. I have never slept on a better pillow having left Canada,comfortable beds to say the least. Ample bottled water. The breakfast was the high light.Just a wonderful array of food. Such variety, kind of impressive for hotels in India. Foreign cheeses! well presented food. We concluded the best aloo parothas in India, My cousin runs a restaurant in Gujarat so this must have been very good.Waiters were just too happy to assist and mind you, the dining room was busy. Well done!. Congratulations to the managers ( Mr. Sanju Soni and his team) who manage this hotel. Very welcoming! For sure we will go back any time, any day! Easy access to marine drive for nightly walk or enjoy the scene. For special occasions they tried their best to present goodies. Such thoughtful! We were spoiled with the attention!

Room Tip: ask for ocean facing if you like the view. Advise them about any special occasions you may be celebr...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank malimu
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and we truly appreciate your valuable time for your detailed feedback about your stay and the service experienced by you.

We are extremely delighted to have you stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident Nariman Point.

Warm regards,