“Wow”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Durban
“Wow”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The Trident Nariman Point is an exceptional hotel. I stayed there with my family in December.... Good food.... Good beds... Great food. And excellent staff... Frangipani has an excellent breakfast..... Would definitely stay there again.... And strongly recommend the hotel... A bit pricy tho.... But the location is excellent

Stayed December 2013
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 13, 2014

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one.

I thank you immensely for recommending Trident hotel and for your generous comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,045)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at the Trident in January 2014. The room was good but why not ask me if I wanted an ocean view at check-in? The city view was OK but not what I wanted. From the lobby you could go downstairs to the restaurant step outside but to a locked gate!! If you wanted to go to the street it was an ordeal to walk through a busy lane of cars arriving and departing and a security line to pass through to return to the hotel. The breakfast room was large but so unappealing - sterile boring big room - albeit with a view of the ocean coast that I didn't have from my room. Walk a couple blocks to a restaurant with hospitable people and wonderful taste. Claims to have more charm than the Taj. Really?? Again, this is a good, clean, safe, well appointed hotel and a good 4 star but is it great? Sadly - No.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 12, 2014

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

Thank you for your email.

At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your say with us. I have noted your feedback regarding the room category.

The gate outside the Frangipani restaurant was closed as a security measure post 26th November, 2008 incident on the advice of local law enforcement agencies.

Do let me know when you are travelling next and we would be pleased to provide you a room of your preference.

We value your feedback; as it is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Trident Nariman Point in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I came to celebrate my anniversary with my family couple of days back.. i liked the room, check-in was smooth enough, room was good. But the privileges which i was expecting as i booked suite was not provided. At the time of reservation i was told there would be couple of amenities placed in the room.. i specifically asked for a bouquet but wasn't provided. During high Tea-Hours I informed the gentleman Anand at 28th Floor that there are no amenities in the room and he promised me he'll send them but nothing was sent except for the cake which anyways had to come .
It could be better...hotel is nice but i think you guys should take few requests seriously of your guests as they come there to celebrate their important occasions hence felt ignored..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gauravsingh1106
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 20, 2014

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

Thank you for your detailed of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Your feedback is definitely a matter of concern and I have personally shared the same with my team. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to speak to you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed in the Trident and its sister hotel the Oberoi each year for the last 20 years.

This is an excellent location. The sea views cannot be beaten. There are plenty of shops nearby and, for Bombay, the area is clean. There are nice restaurants in the hotel and other hotels nearby.

The hotel is joined to the Oberoi which gives very large combined lobby space to meet, rest or take a pleasant afternoon tea. Other top quality hotels in Bombay, even the Taj, feel cramped in comparison.

I have received the highest standard of service. I need only to think I need help and a member of staff will appear and ask how they can assist me.

The only slight downside is that the baths are only suitable for people about 5' 3".
The rooms are slightly tired and could be freshened up a bit.

The hotel has an excellent restaurant, The Frangipani, serving Western and Indian cuisines

Room Tip: Ask for sea view not city view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for your kind and valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you were happy with the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback such as yours is always a strong and motivation factor to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Your feedback is most valuable to us and I have personally shared the same with my team.

Aurangabad, India
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I rate it as a 5 star. I was at trident for a professional meeting at this gateway to my country. As I entered it, it's magnamity and ambience awestruck me. My thoughts involuntarily went to the misuse the intruders had made to this beautiful place. But the next moment the courteous smile at the gate brought me back to the flashing lights glowing to its heights. The silent sea in front of it gave a welcoming call to the serenity of the place. The warm reception by a traditional kumkum make me feel at . As I explored the area , my attention got caught at a signboard which expressed its feelings for the deceased at the 26/11 event. The terrace pool with the garden was out if the world. Sitting by, I could hear the splashing sound of the sea. The huge structure of the hotel is so well designed . I had my dinner which was mouth watering.On entering the room, I found it perfectly blended with the designing and the requirement. The warm comfortable beds put me to a deep sleep very soon. The morning routine at the stat of the art gym and spa was rewarding. My breakfast table was served with all the low cal stuff I had asked for. As I waited for my meeting to commence, I let myself get engrossed in the beauty of the lounge area. It stood there as a true gateway to my country representing the culture and beauty.

Room Tip: Look for the seaside view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

The team at the hotel is happy to note that you had a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed in Trident,Nariman Point,Mumbai on a few occasions on official trips.You could feel the warmth of their services at every stage and I sincerely feel that a genuine care is there with every staff member of the hotel.Even if special requests are made about the amenities the same are attended promptly.
My appreciations to the professional management.
P.Senthilkumar

Room Tip: Sea facing would be pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that service rendered by my team contributed to the memories. We are all overwhelmed by reading your inspirational review.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Trident 17 to 20 January this year. I arrived on a Qatar Airways flight that landed around 03:00 on the 18th and I had arranged a hotel pick up from they airport, the driver was there waiting for me which was good. The hotel was as you would expect a 5* establishment, courteous staff and all the amenities. The swimming pool was excellent and afforded good views of all the participant of the Mumbai Marathon.
The location is superb, on Marine Parade and it is well paying great extra money for a sea view. An excellent hotel in a fantastic location that I have no doubt I'll be visiting again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. We thank you for sharing your experience about stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team.